ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Lady G's

HI Cock

Oct 14, 2012
It seemed pretty clear that being spread out on O opened wide driving lanes and really hurt our defensive rebounding.

We certainly gave them multiple opportunities on each trip down the floor. I was a bit surprised that we weren't really able to adjust.

How does this bode for the next few games?

UNC is a very good offensive team and they have a lot of talent. I was concerned by the drives, too, but that was what Dawn decided we could give up tonight, I suppose. Holding a high scoring team to 65 is not bad, however. They only shot 37.1% for the game, but made their free throws.

This post was edited on 3/28 2:41 AM by cockhornleghorn

Originally posted by cockhornleghorn:
UNC is a very good offensive team and they have a lot of talent. I was concerned by the drives, too, but that was what Dawn decided we could give up tonight, I suppose. Holding a high scoring team to 65 is not bad, however. They only shot 37.1% for the game, but made their free throws.

Thanks leghorn. I'm not too familiar with WBB, so I didn't know about UNC's offense. I'm still concerned about the rebounding, though. I couldn't find any stats, but it seemed like they got 2 chances to our 1... and we've got one of the biggest front courts in the country.

Originally posted by HI Cock:

Originally posted by cockhornleghorn:

Thanks leghorn. I'm not too familiar with WBB, so I didn't know about UNC's offense. I'm still concerned about the rebounding, though. I couldn't find any stats, but it seemed like they got 2 chances to our 1... and we've got one of the biggest front courts in the country.
Total Rebounds, Carolina 37 - UnCarolina 36, UnC did have more offensive rebounds than us. But since they shot 37% to our 43.5%, they had more opps for off rebs.

Thanks for the update. Couldn't find the box score anywhere on the USC sites (admittedly didn't look terribly long).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT