ADVERTISEMENT

Quit bitching about #1 seed UConn playing in yankee land...

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
It's good for them to play in a packed house so those yankees can watch their #1 seed UConn lose to Carolina in a last second basket...

This way they can have a short drive home in the snow, whining in their yankee accent about the loss, the snow, the sausage dogs were too cold, the soft drinks were flat... The seats were too hard, the door man was rude...

And that Carolina fans shouted "Go Cocks" in front of their children...

It's good for them to play in a packed house so those yankees can watch their #1 seed UConn lose to Carolina in a last second basket...

This way they can have a short drive home in the snow, whining in their yankee accent about the loss, the snow, the sausage dogs were too cold, the soft drinks were flat... The seats were too hard, the door man was rude...

Too early for the bottle, man.

Ummm....our coach is a "yankee."

Hell yeah! :D

But they learned quickly that living here in the South is much better for their health... And they are not so much cranky and whiny...

Now, if they choose to live here and they are still cranky and whiny, then we ship their asses back to yankee land...

My sister-in-law is living in a good place, up in yankee land...

HH7YPTi.gif

Those are what we refer to as "damn yankees".

Yes, we do. And
I am overrun with damn yankees anymore. They're everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

When I go postal one day and threaten to blow up Lowes, I'm gonna tell CNN as the SWAT team drags me out I went nuts because "THERE ARE TOO MANY DAMN YANKEES ON THIS PLANET AND THEY'RE ALL TRYING TO GET SOMEWHERE BEFORE I DO!"

Watch and see. :)

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
So is a large part of our alumni base. If you use the term "Yankee" in 2018 I know you probably didn't graduate from college and you're probably from a small town or rural area you've seldom left.

False. I understand what you're getting at, but i disagree. Many people i know, including yankees, use the word yankee. I don't see an issue with it. I think some folks are too easily offended.

Last edited:

YeeHaw !

Not calling anyone out here, but sharing my experience
During my college years up north, one of the early things I noticed was that those individuals that who thought calling out "hicks, hillbillies, yankees", was clever were pretty much thought of as lame.

I got my share of teasing being from the South, but rarely was it mean spirited. (A lot of "what is grits ? "comments mostly)

During my college years up north, one of the early things I noticed was that those individuals that who thought calling out "hicks, hillbillies, yankees", was clever were pretty much thought of as lame.

I got my share of teasing being from the South, but rarely was it mean spirited. (A lot of "what is grits ? "comments mostly)

The kids at Penn was trying to piss off my brother by calling him a hillbilly, but just laugh in their faces and turned the tables on them... They can dish it out, but can't take it...

So is a large part of our alumni base. If you use the term "Yankee" in 2018 I know you probably didn't graduate from college and you're probably from a small town or rural area you've seldom left.

Well, I guess I'm the exception to the rule. I have 3 college degrees (2 are post-graduate) & say yankee plenty. I grew up on a 20 acre farm but live in a wooded rural area on property now.

Like when Brad Felder's momma called the cops on my friend during the 2012 Regional. The cop basically told her to grow a thicker skin. :D

I used to heckle my own players all the time.

When I had a player defending our goal, she kicked the ball in our goal.

As she was walking back to the sideline with her head hung down, I looked at her and said "nice goal, maybe you can try that move on the other goal?"

She looked at me with a smile on her face and said "Thanks coach! That was a nice kick."

Sometimes, heckling your own players help build that self esteem...

Scoring on your own goal isn't the end of the world...

Same experience as mine.....and the college girls loved my accent (that was a huge plus).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT