ADVERTISEMENT

Rakym Felder arrested for 2nd time....

bosoxcock

Dec 14, 2009
Cut him loose Frank.. let him find another school

University of South Carolina head men’s basketball coach Frank Martin announced on Wednesday that sophomore guard Rakym Felder has been suspended indefinitely from the men’s basketball program and will not be attending classes at the University this fall.

Felder has been suspended since June 30.

“Due to some unfortunate decisions by Rakym, he has been suspended indefinitely from our program,” Martin said. “I will continue to help Rakym grow as a young man even though basketball is not part of our relationship right now.”

FROM USC MEDIA RELATIONS

I am incredibly disappointed to hear this after the promise Felder showed last year. I hope this isn't becoming a trend of bringing in really talented guards who can't stick around (i.e. Jamall Gregory, now Felder). This really mucks up the projected lineup and probably the overall outcome of the season, I think everyone expected Felder to shine this year.

Unreal. What are the details of the arrest? I'm not finding anything online, other than the 2016 arrest and articles stating "Felder grateful for second chance after arrest/suspension" LOL way to use that second chance.

I hope not.. I'm sick and tired of players getting 3rd and 4th chances...Entitlement sucks.... if he was a bench warmer, nobody would care if Martin kicked him off the team....Man, coach please let this kid find a new school

We still lose him for the entire fall semester, and I am not sure when he could enroll for spring semester, so he will at least miss some key OOC games. I am pleased to see that added a capable grad transfer in Wes Myers from Maine today, but get this, he was suspended at the end of last year for fighting. Could be trouble.

We still lose him for the entire fall semester, and I am not sure when he could enroll for spring semester, so he will at least miss some key OOC games. I am pleased to see that added a capable grad transfer in Wes Myers from Maine today, but get this, he was suspended at the end of last year for fighting. Could be trouble.
Cue the blaming any losses (Clemsux is in this time frame) on "Athletic Department Pollicy".

Reactions: sadd66
Figure Felder is gone. Almost has to be at this point. And unless there is some conflicting evidence to initial reports should be. Once can be considered a mistake. Twice and Frank runs the risk of the program getting the thug tag placed on it.

Cut him loose Frank.. let him find another school

University of South Carolina head men’s basketball coach Frank Martin announced on Wednesday that sophomore guard Rakym Felder has been suspended indefinitely from the men’s basketball program and will not be attending classes at the University this fall.

Felder has been suspended since June 30.

“Due to some unfortunate decisions by Rakym, he has been suspended indefinitely from our program,” Martin said. “I will continue to help Rakym grow as a young man even though basketball is not part of our relationship right now.”

FROM USC MEDIA RELATIONS
I thought he was a beautiful person? How can you not give him a 3rd chance?

Would you like to see Jack Swerling represent them instead?
I dont know who that is- I actually dont know Lourie, I just see his name as the attorney for every single Gamecock player that gets in trouble. Seems weird. But to answer your question, I would rather have Ray Donovan handle it !

Reactions: NetworkX
Cue the blaming any losses (Clemsux is in this time frame) on "Athletic Department Pollicy".
Difference here is Felder was arrested. ST was suspended for something that CFM even said was no big deal (something to that efffect; don't remember his exact words on the matter). When you have a student arrested for a second time, things are becoming more serious and warrant action; which I really hate to see, because RF has LOADS of potential for us!!

Cut/paste from P&C - so it sounds like the spitting victim would maybe drop the charges, but after a 'conversation' with the cop, they went ahead with a jury trial? Or am I reading something else into this?

Felder had a court date of Aug. 14. He did not appear in front of the judge, but did approach the victim outside the courtroom and personally apologize. The two were smiling afterward.

But the case was continued to a jury trial following a lengthy discussion between Lourie and the prosecution. Lourie wanted a dismissal but the arresting officer then had a conversation with him, leading to a jury trial being awarded.

As far as performance on the court, Felder is a big loss. He played BIG on our Final Four run.

Do they really arrest people today for spitting on another person? And actually call it assault?

If this turns out to be all he did....I can only imagine what would happen if you tripped someone or hell, just cut someone in line nowadays. Good grief..smh

How bout this .... Felder acted like a thug in high school, he should have been ushered out the door of USC last fall with a laundry list of 8-10 serious charges, and stop the presses .... he still acts like a thug. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck? So disappointed in Frank Martin, Final Four or not, he needs to clean up that program. Make the rules, give the players expectations and consequences, then stand by the rules and consequences .... not situational ethics.

I hope not.. I'm sick and tired of players getting 3rd and 4th chances...Entitlement sucks.... if he was a bench warmer, nobody would care if Martin kicked him off the team....Man, coach please let this kid find a new school

Dude, were you not ever a young person. No second chances allowed. C'mon man. I know where your partialties are. If this were clemson nothing would happen.

Do they really arrest people today for spitting on another person? And actually call it assault?

If this turns out to be all he did....I can only imagine what would happen if you tripped someone or hell, just cut someone in line nowadays. Good grief..smh
Spitting on a person is a disgusting, insulting action. Yet, the person who is spat upon would be arrested for retaliating himself or herself, and many of us would. So, arresting someone for such an inflammatory offense against another person is not over the line.

Dude, were you not ever a young person. No second chances allowed. C'mon man. I know where your partialties are. If this were clemson nothing would happen.
This young man had his second chance, and I suspect he'll eventually get a third. But he deserves to marinate for awhile. The university must agree. He's not even attending class this term. Come on, now.

I was really looking forward to see what he could do in his second year. He played fearlessly as a freshman.

Why did he spit on someone anyway?

Spitting on a person is a disgusting, insulting action. Yet, the person who is spat upon would be arrested for retaliating himself or herself, and many of us would. So, arresting someone for such an inflammatory offense against another person is not over the line.

I don't disagree with you, I just find it interesting what we consider disgusting, insulting, inflammatory or over the line in today's society. Especially when comparing two things like spitting on someone and let's say punching someone in the face.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT