ADVERTISEMENT

Ranked 43 in recruiting in baseball

Everyone after Chad Holbrook head. His recruiting rankings were never even close to that level. How are going to win recruiting at that level. Ridiculous!

https://www.perfectgame.org/rankings/recruiting/Rankings.aspx
Baseball recruiting isn't like football recruiting. Recruits commit a lot sooner than in football due to an extreme lack of scholarships in college baseball. All the top players usually commit before they ever become seniors. So no, he's not going to walk in the door and sign a top class. He's got to establish relationships and connections first.

Reactions: rogue cock
Why wait let's start crying about baseball now. Recruiting rankings are nuts anyway when you get a commitment from a kid one day and he turns pro the next. BEAT UVA

Reactions: PC31
Three of the top 10 in JC rankings - probably not included in the Top 100 rankings out of high school. Most of the top 50 will probably go pro. We need recruiting rank based on the number that report to school in August not signing date.

Reactions: jbouton
I can remember when we landed a top 5 class yearly but the HS players that signed never stepped foot in class. It’s hard for Kids to turned down the guarantee money a 1st round and some 2nd rounders get. Tanner then would go Juco route to fill the void. If we got 3 of the top Jucos that will balance this class really good.

I agree, baseball recruiting rankings are worthless unless they rank only the players that actually go to the school. Signing a top class of recruits that all turn pro is a little worthless, don't you think?

I agree, baseball recruiting rankings are worthless unless they rank only the players that actually go to the school. Signing a top class of recruits that all turn pro is a little worthless, don't you think?
That's what Leggett used to do and then didn't recruit the JUCOs to cover those he lost. Always high ranked until they didn't enroll.

Reactions: hplatts
College baseball of all sports should not rank recruiting classes until the middle of September, after all schools are back in session. MLB first and second round signing bonuses are hard to turn down sometimes. One of my son's friends is Nick Ciuffo, who committed to USC as a 9th grader at Wando HS, received over $1 Million dollars signing bonus. He finally made it to big show this past season. Committed to Carolina for four years and lost him to first round slot money. Nice young man too.

Baseball recruiting is a different animal. Recruit too high, and you lose them. Recruit too low, and you lose.

But Kingston absolutely should be expected to start recruiting great. We have hardware in baseball Coach Muschamp would kill for in football.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I'm not worried this year. If 2 years from now and we are below 10-15or so then I'll have concerns.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT