ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Tanner

Like others on here, I never did. I don't do armchair AD anyway.

And how do we judge? By wins, GPA, budget, perception of athletic program as a whole, fundraising, scheduling, handling of coaches -- all of that to me seems to be a part the man's job and I probably left out things.

Nobody hits a home run every time at bat, but RT seems to me to be winning more than he loses by a pretty good margin.
You provided a pretty comprehensive list. The only thing I would add is facilities.

seriously? our overall sports programs is in great shape! football is coming back really strong and every one of those coaches absolutely love working for ray tanner....why is this even a question? i am happier with our sports program than i have been in my 60 yrs.....it would have to be a millenial and a liberal to not be happy with how things are looking...:)

Muschamp- tap in birdie putt (count it)
C.H.- Bogey
M.K.- Looks like a 3 foot birdie put (not in the cup yet but likely will be a circle on the scorecard)
F.M.- Yet to be determined.
Facilities, other sports- birdie

I would say he's one under at this point with a very good chance of getting to two under.
Since the Holbrook era is over, he should be compared to a completed round, not a single hole of golf.
Holbrook showed up on the first tee with great clubs, shoes, at the most prestigious country club in the southeast, and drilled his tee shot. I’ll call each season a 3 or 4hole stretch.
He was even through three holes before 4-putting from 15 ft for a double.
He went par-bogey-bogey to move to 4 over through seven.
He then lost a few balls in the water, hit two trees, and lipped out a tap in when the noise from his own fart distracted him , and made the turn at 8 over.
He started the back nine stronglyand birdied three of the first 4 before a bogey at 15 left him 6 over, facing a crucial final 3 holes.
On 16, a strong tee shot left him with a nine iron to a center cut pin. He skulled his shot over the green, couldn’t get up and down, and took a bogey....then the wheels fell off. He broke his putter over his knee walking back to the cart, got into an argument with the other guys in his foursome, telling them it was their fault for not being more supportive partners, then snap hooked his drive on 17 into the wr9ng fairway...hitting an elderly woman. After shanking 3 straight irons, he kicked his ball back into the fairway when heads were turned, still missed the green, and 3 putted for a four over 9, making him 11 over, and out of reach of his playing partners.
He sucker punched the smallest guy in his group, grabbed his bag, and didn’t even play the 18th hole, opting to head into the clubhouse for a six pack of Pabst and an entire fried chicken.
He drunkenly walked to the parking lot, and was urinating on his own car tires, when the chairman of the club told him he was no longer welcome.
Two months later, he was seen sporting a 21 handicap, playing a crappy municipal course on the bad side of town.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
seriously? our overall sports programs is in great shape! football is coming back really strong and every one of those coaches absolutely love working for ray tanner....why is this even a question? i am happier with our sports program than i have been in my 60 yrs.....it would have to be a millenial and a liberal to not be happy with how things are looking...:)
Well said!

Toman was gone in June 2007, so he could not have recruited but very few of the WS players.
We can't give Kingston credit if this is the case. Most of his players were recruit by the prior staff.
Maybe no credit for actual recruiting, but certainly credit for righting the ship. Our play is much better than last year.

Reactions: viennacocks
Muschamp- tap in birdie putt (count it)
C.H.- Bogey
M.K.- Looks like a 3 foot birdie put (not in the cup yet but likely will be a circle on the scorecard)
F.M.- Yet to be determined.
Facilities, other sports- birdie

I would say he's one under at this point with a very good chance of getting to two under.
Since the Holbrook era is over, he should be compared to a completed round, not a single hole of golf.
Holbrook showed up on the first tee with great clubs, shoes, at the most prestigious country club in the southeast, and drilled his tee shot. I’ll call each season a 3 or 4hole stretch.
He then lost a few balls in the water, hit two trees, and lipped out a tap in when the noise from his own fart distracted him , and made the turn at 8 over.
He started the back nine stronglyand birdied three of the first 4 before a bogey at 15 left him 6 over, facing a crucial final 3 holes.
On 16, a strong tee shot left him with a nine iron to a center cut pin. He skulled his shot over the green, couldn’t get up and down, and took a bogey....then the wheels fell off. He broke his putter over his knee walking back to the cart, got into an argument with the other guys in his foursome, telling them it was their fault for not being more supportive partners, then snap hooked his drive on 17 into the wr9ng fairway...hitting an elderly woman. After shanking 3 straight irons, he kicked his ball back into the fairway when heads were turned, still missed the green, and 3 putted for a four over 9, making him 11 over, and out of reach of his playing partners.
He sucker punched the smallest guy in his group, grabbed his bag, and didn’t even play the 18th hole, opting to head into the clubhouse for a six pack of Pabst and an entire fried chicken.
He drunkenly walked to the parking lot, and was urinating on his own car tires, when the chairman of the club told him he was no longer welcome.
Two months later, he was seen sporting a 21 handicap, playing a crappy municipal course on the bad side of town.
Very entertaining and funny. Sounds about right too.

An almost-completed round. :eek:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT