ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Tanner's message to Champ after 0-2 start

2biok5.jpg

“hes been nothing but supportive” is the only semblance of anything... i feel like ben breiner is a walking jellyfish

Tanner signed Bobo to a 2.4 million 2 year contract that is 100% guaranteed. Muschamp could go 0-10 this year and he’ll be back next year.

• Wow
Reactions: Brace1
Tanner signed Bobo to a 2.4 million 2 year contract that is 100% guaranteed. Muschamp could go 0-10 this year and he’ll be back next year.

Tanner makes some financially stupid moves. No one wanted Bobo, except WM. The money - is more than the life earnings of many Americans. Is cronyism rearing its head, Bobo-WM? RT should held accountable for this. I am OK with paying above market for a great coach as they will bring in returns that exceed their value. But for Bobo? Just unfair to the average Gamecock.

Last edited:
Dizzy01, I had no Idea Mike Bobo was making that kind of money in Columbia. My embarrassment level for our program has hit it’s lowest level. “I’m flabbergasted to say the least, there’s “no way” that guy should be making 1.2 million a year to coach QBs and call plays. He’s an average offensive coordinator who got hyped up by his friend, and Ray Tanner fell for it. 🧐 That’s not shocking though.

What it should of been:

Muschamp, you squandered away almost 2 full quarters of football for nothing. You needed 2 TD's just to tie yet you acted like you were leading. There was no sense of urgency and my question to you is why? Get your butt in gear or I will show you the door.

Reactions: SOSUSC
What it should of been:

Muschamp, you squandered away almost 2 full quarters of football for nothing. You needed 2 TD's just to tie yet you acted like you were leading. There was no sense of urgency and my question to you is why? Get your butt in gear or I will show you the door.

Correct. Chump is just not a good HC. We are going to tear hair out expecting what he is totally incapable of delivering.

What it should be:

Will, the last two games have been dissapointing. It's clear our talent level is not where we want it to be. We need to discuss recruiting. In addition, some of your coaching decisions have been questionable at best. What I want is you to field a capable team led by a capable head coach, both of which should show up on the field. Right now, neither is happening. I've been behind you, but if this lasts, you will lose me.

I think the one opportunity to fire WM is by promoting Bobo on the cheap as they run through WM’s buyout. Seems like we could lock in Bobo for $4M and save some money. I’m not saying I love the answer, but it’s still seemingly better than where we are at today...

Dizzy01, I had no Idea Mike Bobo was making that kind of money in Columbia. My embarrassment level for our program has hit it’s lowest level. “I’m flabbergasted to say the least, there’s “no way” that guy should be making 1.2 million a year to coach QBs and call plays. He’s an average offensive coordinator who got hyped up by his friend, and Ray Tanner fell for it. 🧐 That’s not shocking though.
Yeah I know. It’s not like we didn’t already know that the program was being horribly managed but more evidence still hurts when you realize it means that it’s long term mismanagement. I know other people sign off on the contracts and Tanner isn’t just handing out money with no oversight which means the leadership at the school is in even worse shape than expected. I don’t know that getting rid of Tanner and Muschamp would ultimately solve anything.

I think not. Teachers cant have poor job performance.
I was referring more specifically to State GOVERNMENT, sorry for the lack of clarity there.

That said, the state of education in SC implies we set a pretty low bar for teacher performance as well. I know when I grew up Allendale SC we had to endure some of the worst educators imaginable. The last straw was when my brother asked his middle school math teacher to help him prepare to take the PSAT early by showing him some basics of algebra and the teacher shrugged it off saying he “did not know any algebra”... 🤦‍♂️. My parents moved us to a different school the very next semester. Allendale was so bad, some years later the entire school district had to be taken over by the state- the first school to ever have that done in a state that was 49/50 in education at the time. Even once we moved I got to have fun stuff happen like a cheerleading coach tasked to teach us a computer coding class she knew nothing about (the actual teacher of that class had moved to Blackville schools if I recall and became a victim in one of the early examples of a mass shooting at a school the following year) . First and only class I ever failed in any level of school. I just don’t see a corporate level of accountability in teachers either. Perhaps that has changed in the past 20+ years, but when I went to school they blamed the kids when the teachers were bad. Just my experience...

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I was referring more specifically to State GOVERNMENT, sorry for the lack of clarity there.

That said, the state of education in SC implies we set a pretty low bar for teacher performance as well. I know when I grew up Allendale SC we had to endure some of the worst educators imaginable. The last straw was when my brother asked his middle school math teacher to help him prepare to take the PSAT early by showing him some basics of algebra and the teacher shrugged it off saying he “did not know any algebra”... 🤦‍♂️. My parents moved us to a different school the very next semester. Allendale was so bad, some years later the entire school district had to be taken over by the state- the first school to ever have that done in a state that was 49/50 in education at the time. Even once we moved I got to have fun stuff happen like a cheerleading coach tasked to teach us a computer coding class she knew nothing about (the actual teacher of that class had moved to Blackville schools if I recall and became a victim in one of the early examples of a mass shooting at a school the following year) . First and only class I ever failed in any level of school. I just don’t see a corporate level of accountability in teachers either. Perhaps that has changed in the past 20+ years, but when I went to school they blamed the kids when the teachers were bad. Just my experience...

Been teaching and coaching for 30 years. I've seen a lot of teachers come in early on a regular basis to help their students, have students come to their room during lunch to provide extra help and stay after school to help them. Now I don't dispute your experiences and I've never taught in Allendale or Blackville but I have been in a wide range of places. Judging by what I've seen the behaviors you are describing has not been common. Go Cocks!

Been teaching and coaching for 30 years. I've seen a lot of teachers come in early on a regular basis to help their students, have students come to their room during lunch to provide extra help and stay after school to help them. Now I don't dispute your experiences and I've never taught in Allendale or Blackville but I have been in a wide range of places. Judging by what I've seen the behaviors you are describing has not been common. Go Cocks!
That was not my point to imply they are common, more to imply the poor state of education In this state tells me they are too often allowed to keep their jobs even when incompetent or just not doing them well. That was the original point being made. I had plenty of good teachers as well..

Reactions: doubledawg55
I can tell you what my message to Ray Tanner would be right now ... but this is a family forum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT