ADVERTISEMENT

RB White

RoosterBooster1

May 9, 2007
This past Spring I made an observation comment on White. I “noted” his time at FSU where they chose to put him at a different position than RB. I then again “noted” that while he was at his JUCO team last season, he indeed started the season as the favored RB, and did well vs. that level of competition, very well. But the comment I got flack for was that I noticed he was passed by another RB on that JUCO team by year’s end for most carries....a player that did equally well against that level of competition. Fast forward, White is here now. We have a few reports that the staff likes what they see from him. We have more reports about the other tailbacks competing tbh. Not sure what this means, maybe the staff has really found a great RB and are hiding this info for competitive reasons or else White is not above what was already on the roster. I guess we find out soon enough, but there are two things I think I know. First, Lloyd was better than all by a large margin, he was going to be THE back by all accounts. Second, unless there is subterfuge being utilized by the staff, the competition for starting tailback post Lloyd is crowded, and White is being discussed less by the staff lately than those that were already on the roster. I wonder if he is a clear number one now or just one of the 2-3 that will tote the rock. Because if White is not a very high level type SEC back, we have a group of what appears to be solid albeit not game changer types at that position, i.e., we are middle of the road at best in this conference at tailback.

Last edited:
Reactions: redrogers
I heard someone say he was wanted by most Power 5 teams. If this is the case why would he choose USC?

Not sure which power 5 programs actually gave him a committable offer tbh. I do know he was not close to Lloyd pre injury on depth chart. None of us know if he is the No.1 now or even if he is top 2. What we hear from staff, though perhaps veiled, is he is one of 3-4. He was passed later in the season as the primary back on his JUCO team last fall also, that’s a fact. He made his numbers early in the season and eventually served as the second back that still got stats in those games, but he was passed as the top back on that JUCO team before year end. I hope like you all do he is a stud and kills it, believe me.

Not sure which power 5 programs actually gave him a committable offer tbh. I do know he was not close to Lloyd pre injury on depth chart. None of us know if he is the No.1 now or even if he is top 2. What we hear from staff, though perhaps veiled, is he is one of 3-4. He was passed later in the season as the primary back on his JUCO team last fall also, that’s a fact. He made his numbers early in the season and eventually served as the second back that still got stats in those games, but he was passed as the top back on that JuCo team before year end. I hope like you all do he is a stud and kills it, believe me.
Wasn't he billed as the "top JUCO RB prospect"? And he wasn't even the best on his team? It must be a "potential" thing then. From watching Last Chance U, I know a good many playrs get offersd based simply on their potential and not their actual performance. J-5 comes to mind. I think he played at 4 schools, including his JuCo. FSU, EMCC, Auburn and FAU. Didn't plat particularly well anywhere.

This past Spring I made an observation comment on White. I “noted” his time at FSU where they chose to put him at a different position than RB. I then again “noted” that while he was at his JUCO team last season, he indeed started the season as the favored RB, and did well vs. that level of competition, very well. But the comment I got flack for was that I noticed he was passed by another RB on that JUCO team by year’s end for most carries....a player that did equally well against that level of competition. Fast forward, White is here now. We have a few reports that the staff likes what they see from him. We have more reports about the other tailbacks competing tbh. Not sure what this means, maybe the staff has really found a great RB and are hiding this info for competitive reasons or else White is not above what was already on the roster. I guess we find out soon enough, but there are two things I think I know. First, Lloyd was better than all by a large margin, he was going to be THE back by all accounts. Second, unless there is subterfuge being utilized by the staff, the competition for starting tailback post Lloyd is crowded, and White is being discussed less by the staff lately than those that were already on the roster. I wonder if he is a clear number one now or just one of the 2-3 that will tote the rock. Because if White is not a very high level type SEC back, we have a group of what appears to be solid albeit not game changer types at that position, i.e., we are middle of the road at best in this conference at tailback.
He was the #1 Juco RB in the country and a 1st team all American. He was not passed by anyone...

I heard someone say he was wanted by most Power 5 teams. If this is the case why would he choose USC?
Grades. We could hold the spot for him.. the Bamas of the world had no need to do that for a JUCO kid with admissions concerns.

He was the #1 Juco RB in the country and a 1st team all American. He was not passed by anyone...

Look up the box scores from his teams games last season, he was most certainly passed over on his team as the top back, he gave way to another in the last 4 games for most carries, and the replacement did every bit what he did prior...

Reactions: Brace1
He will be one of Fenwick’s backups. The running back group doesn’t look strong at all.
It looked good until Lloyd went down! I seriously doubt Fenwick wins the starting job. I suspect it will be a pretty balanced rotation.

Look up the box scores from his teams games last season, he was most certainly passed over on his team as the top back, he gave way to another in the last 4 games for most carries, and the replacement did every bit what he did prior...
That's not how Junior college football works my friend. All things being equal , the coach wants everyone to have a shot at a next level scholarship. He didn't get passed over. He got his work in and gave the other back to get his in. If he wasn't the best back on his team, he wouldn't be the #1 Juco back in the country and an all American.

Not sure which power 5 programs actually gave him a committable offer tbh. I do know he was not close to Lloyd pre injury on depth chart. None of us know if he is the No.1 now or even if he is top 2. What we hear from staff, though perhaps veiled, is he is one of 3-4. He was passed later in the season as the primary back on his JUCO team last fall also, that’s a fact. He made his numbers early in the season and eventually served as the second back that still got stats in those games, but he was passed as the top back on that JUCO team before year end. I hope like you all do he is a stud and kills it, believe me.
This is just uninformed.

Reactions: carolinamyke
It looked good until Lloyd went down! I seriously doubt Fenwick wins the starting job. I suspect it will be a pretty balanced rotation.
Lloyd hasn’t been seen in pads so in reality we don’t know how he looked. I do believe he would’ve started. And you might be right about Fenwick, I hope he makes an impact for us though.

Reactions: Bear_Rooster

I'm calling BS on your post. I did look up the entire schedule and looked at every box score. White did not play in 2 of the last 4 games - actually didn't play in 3 out of the last 5. Nor did he play in one game earlier in the season.

In the 2 out of 4 games he played in at the end of the season, White had 48 total carries for 172 yards and 4 TDs. Sheldon Cage had 37 carries for 174 yards and 2 TDs. Fairly even except in the game vs Highland on the road, Iowa Western was trailing 13-22 in the 4th quarter. White scored the last 2 TD's for Iowa Western and they won 27-22. He rushed 36 times for 145 yards and 3 TDs in that game. Cage did not play.

In the last game vs Hinds, White set up the first FG for Iowa Western and scored the first rushing TD in the game to put Iowa Western up 20-6 with about 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. He received an unsportsmanlike penalty on the play and did not play the rest of the game. Cage did play well in his absence, however.

Facts don't support your claim that White was 'passed over on his team as the top back'. White was the most senior RB on the team and only played in 8 of the 12 games. The team averaged 146.6 rushing yards per game and White averaged 109.5 ypg. The team rushed for 1759 total yards and White had 876 of those yards. The team had 26 rushing TDs in 12 games, and White had 10 of those in only 8 games. Don't know if White was nursing an injury during the 4 games in which he did not play. Or perhaps he played in some JV games and gave the younger players some much needed snaps. Who knows?

What we DO know is that he was NOT passed over.

This is just uninformed.

Actually, it’s way more informed than anything you have brought to the table. It also happens to be true. And to the guy above who posted that the reason White was passed over for carries in the second half of his season was because they were “spreading” it around is wrong also. White got beat out for the top spot around the 7-8th game last season.

Actually, it’s way more informed than anything you have brought to the table. It also happens to be true. And to the guy above who posted that the reason White was passed over for carries in the second half of his season was because they were “spreading” it around is wrong also. White got beat out for the top spot around the 7-8th game last season.
I'm not questioning the truth of what you're saying and have been wondering about the RB position myself. What do you base your conclusions on? I wasn't able to find any media coverage of his time in JUCO.

The one thing I did note about White's signing at FSU was that he was one of three RBs in that class to sign with the Noles. According to this article (https://www.news-press.com/story/sp.../north-rb-zaquandre-white-signs-fsu/97247426/), the other two were the #1 ranked RB recruit in the country and the #1 ranked all-purpose back (the former now plays for the Rams and the latter just got dismissed from FSU a month ago for a violation of team rules). It's not much of a surprise that a four-star guy who wanted to see the playing field would switch positions when the other two guys in his class were 5-star guys and apparently more highly regarded.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Were injuries involved? Just asking

It did give me some concern during the post scrimmage presser that Will mentioned Fenwick, Harris and Amos one by one, but didn't mention White at all.

kid hasn’t run the ball once here.....but you obviously for some reason want to dog him. Sounds like you’re hoping he fails. I’m just sayin

Reactions: Lakecock1
kid hasn’t run the ball once here.....but you obviously for some reason want to dog him. Sounds like you’re hoping he fails. I’m just sayin

You didn’t read my post. I’m hoping we found a great one but made some observational comments on the current group of available RB’s, White included.

You didn’t read my post. I’m hoping we found a great one but made some observational comments on the current group of available RB’s, White included.

Every time someone posted something good, you came back with "but"......I get it, he's done nothing yet, and your point is valid. JUCO football is a strange thing. If he's the number one back out of JUCO, we need him. If he never sees the field for us, then he must really be a bust.

Reactions: Brace1
No..... No he didn't.... Just a moronic take. .

Anyone who knows anything about Juco football will know that he's full of shit.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Has anyone heard of any injury he may have had in JC or now?
RBs in Juco don't get ran in the dirt like college backs. Most are on a carry count for the season so as not to overdo. When they get there and they have a complimentary back he takes the bulk of the snaps from there on. Only footnote would be if a national championship was on the line... He was the #1 back and the number 15 overall player in the country.. He didn't get passed.. He's a good back who needs to learn the offense, period.

I thought Kevin Harris looked like a stud when he got carries last year. Honestly, i thought he would be the #2 guy behind Loyd before the injury. Nobody seems to be talking about him.
People want to see the new guy because there is still hope somebody new we haven’t seen can be something really special! Sure, Fenwick and Harris are “fine”! They have both played well when they get a shot.. They will likely get better over their careers... They are known commodities- Neither is a game changer. We need game changers. People thought Lloyd was a game changer... White came in with some acclaim. It would be nice if he is a big surprise...

You see we have this stage over here
& IF one or even two of you would like to become a DUDE we have carries to share to allow you to elevate to Dude or even stud statuses........... so get to work & step the hell up

Reactions: Expro19
ADVERTISEMENT