ADVERTISEMENT

Re-recruiting Gunner

I agree with all of this. The only thing I would add/change, is if I’m Beamer and get a sit-down with the Stockton’s, I have Justin Stepp right beside me.

@Cock of Boone - are you in Boone, NC? I have family in that area - beautiful up there!!

Wish we did, it's beautiful over there. Actually looked & looked for a house, almost a year but, nothing in our price range. Asheville has gone ballistic real estate wise so everyone has migrated to Blowing Rock, Boone, Spruce Pines & up HWY 321 toward TN. Go over there quite a bit though. Nothing more scenic than to ride round the Christmas tree farms when its snowing.
We live in the Brushy Mountain area.
Near the world famous "Love Valley"! Replica of ole cowboy town. Horse people come from all over to ride the trails. Rustic ain't the word for it.

Reactions: 92Pony
Yea, it's like when the girl says she's leaving for someone else. if you have any self respect you don't go following her around trying to get her back.
you have a great perspective & I agree with you. Would never hold it against any kid if, in his mind we aren't the "fit" he's looking for, can only wish him well. if the ship sails, man up & wish him well.
Gives us more motivation to pull in defensive players who love to make a QB's playing life a nightmare.
But, if there's the slightest clue to negativity against us from a former coach, attack it head on. It happens more than we care to realize.

Actually, your not gonna believe this, in HS, started going out w/ girl who played 2nd base on HS softball team. Remember now, this was back in stone ages. Dated for a while & this happened.
Went to a formal wedding together & WOW is all I can say. She went from pony tail,dirt, sweat, oversized sweat shirts,overalls, yes overalls, tennis shoes & black underneath her eyes to absolutely gorgeous!!!! Drop freakin gorgeous! "Who knew" ? I didn't know! Not one single guy in school ever gave her even a glance..until then. Her brother even asked me "why, why you want to go out w/my sister"? "She never goes on a date". Guess what!
She hurled me like hot coals & never looked back!!
Unfortunately, I had to follow her around cuz we had 3 classes together. Never,even got so much as a glance from her.

you have a great perspective & I agree with you. Would never hold it against any kid if, in his mind we aren't the "fit" he's looking for, can only wish him well. if the ship sails, man up & wish him well.
Gives us more motivation to pull in defensive players who love to make a QB's playing life a nightmare.
But, if there's the slightest clue to negativity against us from a former coach, attack it head on. It happens more than we care to realize.

Actually, your not gonna believe this, in HS, started going out w/ girl who played 2nd base on HS softball team. Remember now, this was back in stone ages. Dated for a while & this happened.
Went to a formal wedding together & WOW is all I can say. She went from pony tail,dirt, sweat, oversized sweat shirts,overalls, yes overalls, tennis shoes & black underneath her eyes to absolutely gorgeous!!!! Drop freakin gorgeous! "Who knew" ? I didn't know! Not one single guy in school ever gave her even a glance..until then. Her brother even asked me "why, why you want to go out w/my sister"? "She never goes on a date". Guess what!
She hurled me like hot coals & never looked back!!
Unfortunately, I had to follow her around cuz we had 3 classes together. Never,even got so much as a glance from her.
i would guess we could have a 4 page thread with similar stories from our past. :)

If getting rid of an OC who doesn't really believe in the program means that you lose a commitment from a 17-year old who has never played a single snap of college football, so be it. If we can get the kid back, that would be great, but if he is joined to Bobo's hip, let him go.

Is this guy basing his decision on what team he plays fir based on ONE assistant Coach? I could see that if it were like a Spurrier, or Saban.... But BoBo!?jumpingsmile

Reactions: Robhawk29
Is this guy basing his decision on what team he plays fir based on ONE assistant Coach? I could see that if it were like a Spurrier, or Saban.... But BoBo!?jumpingsmile

Definitely an odd coach to hitch his wagon to. He’s young, though, and kids make emotional decisions.

The only thing that will sway him is W’s and L’s plain and simple . No 5 star QB is interested in a 6-6 or worse squad . If we win more games than Auburn and do it with some flare we might still have a chance . I’ll be honest , i don’t see that happening . I think him and Bobo are a package deal unfortunately. Now if Auburn is a trainwreck next year ... who knows .
I think you are right. A good season can get his attention and it wouldn't hurt if Allbarn sucked.

I think you are right. A good season can get his attention and it wouldn't hurt if Allbarn sucked.

Well, he "committed" to a 4-8 team and remained "committed" to a 2-8 squad until our OC jumped ship. Seems he's making the decision with his heart, not his head. Otherwise, I would agree. Mainly I think Satterfield needs to show something interesting on offense. It may not make much of a difference though. If he wants to play for Bobo after seeing Colin Hill this season, then it's probably a lost cause.

Wherever he ends up, those around him should be advising him not to rely too heavily on playing for a particular coach. There's a distinct possibility Bobo isn't at Auburn for the duration of Stockton's collegiate career, so if that's his sole motivator, he could end up being sorely disappointed.

Of course, it's more likely than not that Bobo was hired at Auburn merely as a way to get in with Stockton. In fact, based on available evidence, I'd say that's about the only reason he got the job there. At least, no other reasons jump out at you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT