ADVERTISEMENT

Realistically is this Tanners last stand

gfluvsthecocks

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2011
I think so.

I love Coach Tanner for what he did for baseball. However, there is no doubt that he has been played several times as an AD (Smart, Herman, hiring Muschamp, extending Muschamp with a crazy buyout, Holbrook being here too long, Mark Kingston is not looking good, and throw in this search which looks disorganized).

I do think Shane Beamer will be a long term great hire but it was 50/50 at best when we made the move and seemed to be based upon taking a risk since no proven commodities would take the job.

So, odds are that with this search we are throwing up another 50/50 hailmary hoping that we catch a basketball coach who can translate mid-major or assistant coach success into being a tournament contender. The track record for that type of transition is not great.

As a member of the SEC, and with the revenues we have, we should not be in this position continually. Leaders make mistakes, but the same mistakes repeatedly should get you fired.

So, it is my position that the time has come for the Board of Trustees to make a move. I hate it for Coach Tanner, but we have to right the ship before the fans lose any more faith.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News