ADVERTISEMENT

REALLY CHEAP EATS That Taste Good

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
I know I was late to the party and now that I'm hooked (on something I didn't eat at all for 60+ years) it's supposedly gone out of 'style' and 'fashion' ... but like Rogue Tiger's "new to him" Range Rover I'm a 'convert'.

EASY, really easy:

Spray wash well, tear off the stems and tear the leaves into a bunch of easy to handle 'finger-food' size pieces one bunch of KALE then dry it in a salad-spinner.

Pre-heat your oven to 300-degrees.

Place the dried Kale in a bowl, sprinkle with about 2 T. olive oil and toss it well with your fingers to coat.

Sprinkle with some garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika ... whatever you like then spread it on a big cookie sheet.

Bake 10 minutes, reverse the pan in the oven and bake an additional 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to STAND 3-minutes (it'll continue to crisp).

It may 'tickle' your throat the first few pieces but this stuff is addictive, better than potato chips and WAY BETTER for you.

I've been 'storing' mine in a 'bout 5 Qt. Tupperware round but even that volume doesn't last but about a day and a half, if that.

CHEAP (like a buck-25 a batch) ... a batch probably being equal to the volume (but not the weight) of 3-5 bags of chips. This stuff is pretty 'lite'. Lightweight, low in calories, great in bennies .... an excellent, healthy SNACK.

Try it ... it's really easy, almost nothing to 'clean up', either. Whole thing should take you 30-minutes, tops.

ADVERTISEMENT