ADVERTISEMENT

Really sounds like it's going to be Bobo..

There isn't a human being on this earth right now that could be named the OC and this fanbase be happy about it. I'll admit I was sternly against Bobo at first, but with time I have become open to it. He has been an OC for a long time, has had success, and with the current state of our program is probably the best we can get. Spare me the open the pocket book and get the hottest name on the market excuse because a good coordinator is not going to leave their good situation to walk into our burning building. If we are opening the pocket books, it would be stupid to use it on an OC and not on canning Tanner and Muschamp. We are stuck with those two bums. Time to gather our shit and move forward.

Seems as logical as any option we might have. The potential OC is entering a tight window for success. Otherwise, he likely gets flushed out with the Muschamp regime.

Based on our offensive performance this year and the talent we lose going into next season, a tenuous spot to say the least.

I'm willing to give any chosen OC the benefit of the doubt since we're looking from the bottom up. The problem is the "success" rate of OC's under Muskrat.

Last edited:
I just wish Muschamp would think outside the box. He is going for the safe hire and that will probably be his undoing.

Bobo was good at UGA with a roster full of NFL talent. But he couldn't produce a winner at CSU where prior coaches like Jim McElwain were successful. I just don't know how you sell this and pay him a million dollars a year.

But if we win 7 or more games next year and show a big improvement on offense I'll be the first to eat crow.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I just wish Muschamp would think outside the box. He is going for the safe hire and that will probably be his undoing.

Bobo was good at UGA with a roster full of NFL talent. But he couldn't produce a winner at CSU where prior coaches like Jim McElwain were successful. I just don't know how you sell this and pay him a million dollars a year.

But if we win 7 or more games next year and show a big improvement on offense I'll be the first to eat crow.
He had good offenses at CSU didn't he...

Reactions: lawcalcock
He had good offenses at CSU didn't he...

Did he call the plays? I mean ... I really don't know if he did? Even so, they still had the same record we had: 4-8 and he was fired. I just see it as somewhat ironic that it looks like he is going to be hired.

There isn't a human being on this earth right now that could be named the OC and this fanbase be happy about it. I'll admit I was sternly against Bobo at first, but with time I have become open to it. He has been an OC for a long time, has had success, and with the current state of our program is probably the best we can get. Spare me the open the pocket book and get the hottest name on the market excuse because a good coordinator is not going to leave their good situation to walk into our burning building. If we are opening the pocket books, it would be stupid to use it on an OC and not on canning Tanner and Muschamp. We are stuck with those two bums. Time to gather our shit and move forward.

This post ^^^^ makes a lot of sense. Muschamp would
never allow a future replacement on his staff. Too much false pride to let that happen. So, we get an UGA fraternity bro for an OC. Meanwhile, Tanner's praying this happens.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Did he call the plays? I mean ... I really don't know if he did? Even so, they still had the same record we had: 4-8 and he was fired. I just see it as somewhat ironic that it looks like he is going to be hired.
Chip kelly won 4 games this year and I would take him

Great, now he's hiring his buddies. I posted days ago the he and Muschamp are basically best friends. More cronyism. Just what we need.

The arrogance and absolute stupidity in Columbia is astounding.

From what I've read, they couldn't stop anybody... But could score points..

Great post! I agree.

My response is we're not hiring him as the HC, but the OC, assuming he's hired?

Yep. And that's why we call it a shit show.

Because Gamecock fans are wanting things to get back to where we want it makes it a “ shit show “?
Guess I see a shit show as a fan base who doesn’t care or so called fans doing nothing but constant insults.
Guess everyone hades different opinions

From what I've read on this board, I think the last thing a lot of you really want is for ANY OC Muschamp brings in to actually succeed. Seems like for some of you, your number one priority is to have an excuse to fire Muschamp, burn it all down and and start all over again after next year, just because you could't get him fired immediately and bring in....who, exactly? And yet, you demand winning right away? Looks like to me some of you hate Muschamp so much, that your desire to get him fired trumps everything else; never mind the players, never mind the fans who hope someone can come in and help turn this around; hell, never mind what's best for the program and the university in the long run. I get the frustration over this year; I don't like losing either, and I'm as frustrated as any of you; but having a collective temper tantrum over all of this is not going to help. if watching a game played by 18 to 21 year old kids upsets you so much that you act like a 4 year old child who didn't get his/her way, do try to get an more adult perspective.

Reactions: Spursupalways
There isn't a human being on this earth right now that could be named the OC and this fanbase be happy about it.

This statement is inaccurate without the qualifier “who would be willing to come here” attached to it.

There are plenty of OCs the entire fanbase would be delighted to have. Say, Lincoln Riley agreeing to take a demotion and work for Muschamp. Outrageously implausible? Of course it is, but he is a human being located on Earth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT