ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Mock Drafts

BobbyB1975

Sep 9, 2018
It’s that time of year again . Multiple Mock drafts out already . These are pre combine of course so could change dramatically . Pretty much every Mock had Deebo in the 7 to 10 range in the Receiver rankings . Didn’t see Edwards ranked in any of the 4 Mocks I read . Early indication is probably early 3rd round but could move up with a faster than expected 40 time . Overall pretty weak receiver draft , most think the big kid from ASU will be first WR taken late in the 1st . Interesting that both Ole Miss WR’s were ranked in the top 5 and Harmon from NC State (who was a USC commit at one time) was up there too . Only other USC player I saw projected was Dennis Daley . Kinda surprised Bailey wasn’t listed in any Mock . Very surprised by this . Stanley who by all indication is entering the draft was not ranked in any Mock . Clemson had Ferrell and Lawerence projected to go in the first round but Wilkins was actually way down the board . Pretty interesting . Top projected pick in most mocks was Bosa who sat out most of the year to prepare for the draft (he was injured so situation is a little different).

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Looks like a very deep Defensive draft . A lot of DL and Edge Rushers . Looks like a down year for QB’s . Not really impressed with Herbert from Oregon if he’s the top guy .

Yeah can’t blame him at all . He had a pretty significant injury . He wasn’t even expected back until the bowl season right ?? Seems like a good kid .

Joey & Nick’s dad played in the NFL.
Their ability is tremendous. They also get it from the business side of things.

That said Purdue crushing the buckeyes was a highlight for me this year.

Joey & Nick’s dad played in the NFL.
Their ability is tremendous. They also get it from the business side of things.

That said Purdue crushing the buckeyes was a highlight for me this year.

Yeah I bet . Probably feels even better knowing that loss cost them the playoffs and essentially sent Urban down the road !! Purdue is legit . Brohm is great coach . Glad you guys were able to keep Louisville away from him .

An alarming trend I’m seeing, is 10 years ago a junior would enter the draft early if they were projected as a high first round pick . Now it seems a lot of juniors are leaving if they have even a slight chance they may be drafted in ANY round . How many guys did we have leave early in the last decade that never even got drafted ?? It’s the Agents or family members that get in their heads and convince them to go before they are ready . It takes a special coach to sit down with these type of players and just say “ You just aren’t good enough for the NFL yet “. Not many coaches now have the cajones to say that .

Reactions: king ward
An alarming trend I’m seeing, is 10 years ago a junior would enter the draft early if they were projected as a high first round pick . Now it seems a lot of juniors are leaving if they have even a slight chance they may be drafted in ANY round . How many guys did we have leave early in the last decade that never even got drafted ?? It’s the Agents or family members that get in their heads and convince them to go before they are ready . It takes a special coach to sit down with these type of players and just say “ You just aren’t good enough for the NFL yet “. Not many coaches now have the cajones to say that .
True statement-that's unless they attend Cowtown U

Reactions: 92Pony
actually read that some QB's coming out this year because next year is loaded. Glad to see the DL possibilities are good because Lord knows my Panthers need a bunch of help there. And DB's. And O-line. and coaching. and on. and on.

even some that are good enough for the nfl, can drastically increase their draft status with another year.

actually read that some QB's coming out this year because next year is loaded. Glad to see the DL possibilities are good because Lord knows my Panthers need a bunch of help there. And DB's. And O-line. and coaching. and on. and on.

Yes we Do !!! I would spend every free agent dollar and every draft pick on defense . A lot of big time pass rushers entering free Agency too . Demarcus Lawerence , Clowney , Dee Ford , Ziggy Ansah . Those guys are gonna get PAID $$$$. Wish we could get out from under Matt “Wost Contract in Sports” Khalil . A lot of talent In this draft . Need an Edge Rusher or DB in Round one . Let Bradberry and Funchess walk and sign a big time Edge rusher . Don’t have a ton of confidence in Marty Hurney . See if he proves me wrong !!!

Yes we Do !!! I would spend every free agent dollar and every draft pick on defense . A lot of big time pass rushers entering free Agency too . Demarcus Lawerence , Clowney , Dee Ford , Ziggy Ansah . Those guys are gonna get PAID $$$$. Wish we could get out from under Matt “Wost Contract in Sports” Khalil . A lot of talent In this draft . Need an Edge Rusher or DB in Round one . Let Bradberry and Funchess walk and sign a big time Edge rusher . Don’t have a ton of confidence in Marty Hurney . See if he proves me wrong !!!
No confidence in Hurney. He needs to be the FIRST to go. I've seen his act too many times.

No confidence in Hurney. He needs to be the FIRST to go. I've seen his act too many times.

Yeap . Hurney killed us throwing out dumb contracts before . Paying two RBs max deals and giving a journeyman QB Payton Manning $$$ while letting a guy like Peppers walk in his prime was STUPID . Hurney’s Draft history is AWFUL ... Jimmy Clausen , Everett Brown , Armani Edwards , etc etc etc . They can’t get rid of him quick enough .

It’s that time of year again . Multiple Mock drafts out already . These are pre combine of course so could change dramatically . Pretty much every Mock had Deebo in the 7 to 10 range in the Receiver rankings . Didn’t see Edwards ranked in any of the 4 Mocks I read . Early indication is probably early 3rd round but could move up with a faster than expected 40 time . Overall pretty weak receiver draft , most think the big kid from ASU will be first WR taken late in the 1st . Interesting that both Ole Miss WR’s were ranked in the top 5 and Harmon from NC State (who was a USC commit at one time) was up there too . Only other USC player I saw projected was Dennis Daley . Kinda surprised Bailey wasn’t listed in any Mock . Very surprised by this . Stanley who by all indication is entering the draft was not ranked in any Mock . Clemson had Ferrell and Lawerence projected to go in the first round but Wilkins was actually way down the board . Pretty interesting . Top projected pick in most mocks was Bosa who sat out most of the year to prepare for the draft (he was injured so situation is a little different).

"Stanley who by all indication is entering the draft"...? Which indications? This is obviously your non factual opinion.
It's been reported several times that he is still thinking about what he wants to do and several close to our program have said that they expect him back next season.

Reactions: rogue cock
"Stanley who by all indication is entering the draft"...? Which indications? This is obviously your non factual opinion.
It's been reported several times that he is still thinking about what he wants to do and several close to our program have said that they expect him back next season.

He walked with the Seniors the last home game which is a pretty good indication . You’re right , no decision has been made yet . He wasn’t mentioned in any Mocks so coming back would definitely be a smart move for him .

Reactions: Carolina4
He walked with the Seniors the last home game which is a pretty good indication . You’re right , no decision has been made yet . He wasn’t mentioned in any Mocks so coming back would definitely be a smart move for him .
Unless an OL is absolutely dominant, they should never leave early. NFL want fully developed OL and most need all 4 years in college to develop. I don't think Staley was consistently the most dominant lineman on our team, Wonnum was.

Grew up with Donnell and is one of my good friends. He told me before the season started that this would be his last year. Idk if thats changed between now and then but I should see him over break.

Wow interested article I just read .
Panthers 1st Round Picks 2013-2016:

2013- Star Loutela - Left as a Free Agent
2014- Kelvin Benjamin - Traded for 3rd Rd pic
2015- Shaq Thompson- Played on 54% of snaps in his career
2016- Vernon Butler- Played on less than 35% of snaps

Ouch .. beside Shaq, who will probably replace TD next year , 3 of the 4 1st Round picks were complete Busts . Thanks Dave Gettleman .

Unless an OL is absolutely dominant, they should never leave early. NFL want fully developed OL and most need all 4 years in college to develop. I don't think Staley was consistently the most dominant lineman on our team, Wonnum was.
They need to show these guys the Brandon Shell example. He stayed his senior year and now he's starting for the Jets and making $$$. He was the son of a hall of famer but yet he needed all 4 years in college to develop. It paid off for him.

They need to show these guys the Brandon Shell example. He stayed his senior year and now he's starting for the Jets and making $$$. He was the son of a hall of famer but yet he needed all 4 years in college to develop. It paid off for him.

Yeah he’s done very well . I think Corey Robinson is still starting in the league also . Yeah if they can come back to school and have a great senior year the demand for LT’s in the NFL is at an all time high . Great LT’s can name their price come contract time .

This is mainly a byproduct in the doing away with unlimited signing bonuses for draftees. Now everybody is slotted and allocated a dollar figure. The big money now comes in the second contract. The incentive is gone to come back so you could move up for a huge front end payday (because that Is gone)but to get in the league as fast as possible so I can get to my second contract where the real money is.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
This is mainly a byproduct in the doing away with unlimited signing bonuses for draftees. Now everybody is slotted and allocated a dollar figure. The big money now comes in the second contract. The incentive is gone to come back so you could move up for a huge front end payday (because that Is gone)but to get in the league as fast as possible so I can get to my second contract where the real money is.

True . They should rename it the “Sam Bradford Rule”

Reactions: winloseortie
Wow interested article I just read .
Panthers 1st Round Picks 2013-2016:

2013- Star Loutela - Left as a Free Agent
2014- Kelvin Benjamin - Traded for 3rd Rd pic
2015- Shaq Thompson- Played on 54% of snaps in his career
2016- Vernon Butler- Played on less than 35% of snaps

Ouch .. beside Shaq, who will probably replace TD next year , 3 of the 4 1st Round picks were complete Busts . Thanks Dave Gettleman .
Ouch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT