ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Comparisons

gamecock stock

Jul 14, 2000
Thus far, Beamer's first full class is ranked 12th in the nation with an average star rating of 3.25.
Muschamp's first full class finished ranked 16th with an average star rating of 3.24.
Spurrier's first class finished ranked 24th with an average star rating of 3.08.
For anyone interested, Swinney's first class finished 19th with an average star rating of 3.21.

Thus, so far, so good, for Shane's first class, in comparison to the others. It remains to be seen how he finishes this class.

No one really doubted that Muschamp could recruit. But, his Florida experience raised doubts as to whether he could coach. And, as we saw, Muschamp proved for a 2nd time that "coaching" was not his forte. If Shane can "coach" like Steve or his Dad, Frank, we may be in for some great years. You don't necessarily have to be the best recruiter to win big nor the best game day coach to win big. You just have to, at least, be good in both phases.

Does anyone know what Shane's or Satterfield's offensive philosophy is? Thanks.

the ranking will, but the average star rating will only change with more commitments

Agreed. My comment is that it's borderline useless to compare rankings and such to old recruiting classes when current classes aren't full yet, and will change.

I can see the avg star ranking going up slightly (7 or so signings left 3/4 4 stars and 3/4 3 stars ?) and us slipping a bit in the overall rankings at the same time. I say he's done the best job out of any - No HC experience, scrutiny under the new world social media umbrella, new world transfer rules, team left in mess from the last regime.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT