ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting with Beamer

uscnoklahoma2

Apr 16, 2017
I'm extremely worried that if we hire Beamer we will finish last or next to last in the SEC in recruiting. There's no way he can assemble a decent class when he's currently in Oklahoma and has been for awhile now. There's just no way he has the same connections. Plus, you're asking recruits to take one hell of a leap of faith in an unproven commodity. Anyone agree or disagree?

It’s going to be that way with anybody imo.the class was already in the toilet anyways.whoever comes maybe can bring in a few high ranked to help ease the blow.

First recruiting class for an incoming coach is always basically a throwaway class. Whatever type of recruiter he is, I dont think this first class will be much of an indicator.

Outside of bringing in a Meyer, or a Saban, who can flip upper level players just by their reputation, this class is lost anyway. Some on this forum seem to be desperate that a coach is in place for early signing day. But unless you are just desperate to hang onto bodies, I don't know why. Even before the recent de-commits the class wasn't good enough to compete with anybody on the schedule USC needs to gain ground on. So any way you look at it, whether Muschamp had stayed, we hire a coach this weekend, or don't hire one until later in December, this year is pretty much lost as far as recruiting goes.

Reactions: Jbouton2
I agree but I also agree we're taking a hit regardless. This is Muschamp's fault and really Ray Tanner's fault for even hiring him. We should have spent the extra $5mil and got rid of Muschamp last year.

This is only going to be turned around by having a great HC. We've got to coach up the players we have, rely heavily on transfers, and recruit for the future.

Will Muschamp has taken "get me fired 3 stars" and turned it into "get the next coach fired 3 stars." I'm glad some of the recruits are jumping ship. Nothing personal, I wish the best for them but we need the next HC to evaluate and sign off on new recruits.

Beamer would do the best of anyone. He’d leave oklahoma come home and put together a class.

The rest of this year and probably even next year is a wash. No rush to hire before the end of season. It’s won’t be as if we are losing a world beating class that Muschamp had lined up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT