ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

nccock622

Nov 18, 2017
Crap. Just saw that the taters just got commitments from the #1 dual threat QB in the country and a 5 star WR. Hope our staff can improve our recruiting.

Reactions: griffgolf
tenor.gif

Couldn’t care less. WR pickup is nice for them, but that kid will probably never play QB. LB is a no name who could rise in the rankings I guess.

Like it or not, the truth of the matter is... the Clemson brand is white hot right now. They've been in the CFB Playoffs 3 straight years, won a nat'l title over Bama, and lost a close one to Bama. Doesn't get much better than that. And they've had the luxury of being able to pick and choose in recruiting... small classes, but quality over quantity. Their last 2 classes were only 17 and 14, while other teams were taking the full 25.

But this year, they have the full allotment of schollies to give, and I fear they are going to rack up big time. Everything is lining up - media exposure, top notch facilities, and a stable coaching staff that are relentless in recruiting. Bottom line... if we're going to beat them anytime soon, it will have to be coaching & scheme, because the talent gap is not closing, it's getting bigger.

Like it or not, the truth of the matter is... the Clemson brand is white hot right now. They've been in the CFB Playoffs 3 straight years, won a nat'l title over Bama, and lost a close one to Bama. Doesn't get much better than that. And they've had the luxury of being able to pick and choose in recruiting... small classes, but quality over quantity. Their last 2 classes were only 17 and 14, while other teams were taking the full 25.

But this year, they have the full allotment of schollies to give, and I fear they are going to rack up big time. Everything is lining up - media exposure, top notch facilities, and a stable coaching staff that are relentless in recruiting. Bottom line... if we're going to beat them anytime soon, it will have to be coaching & scheme, because the talent gap is not closing, it's getting bigger.
Strong first post Tater. Go back to TaterNet and talk about what shampoo Trevor Lawrence probably uses.

Crap. Just saw that the taters just got commitments from the #1 dual threat QB in the country and a 5 star WR. Hope our staff can improve our recruiting.

Don’t see how they are gonna keep all those QB’s happy, especially 2 #1’s.

Reactions: Gradstudent
I wish he was THE top LB. He is the top OLB in Louisiana. I'm glad he committed to the Tigers but no reason to go CNN about it.
He also said he likes that there are smaller LBs in the ACC, not lke the ginormous LBs in the SEC. He might make a good safety if he has the speed.

Reactions: cooper1135
I like the State's headlines
Clemson lands commitment from top dual-threat quarterback

Phommachanh is rated as a four-star recruit and the No. 3 dual-threat quarterback in the country, by sites

Not # 1 LOL and # 145 in the nation per rivals, nice pickup but wont unseat Trevor Lawrence, and could decommit before its all said and done, so why would someone be worried about it on this board is beyond me.

The Ladson kid is high ranked 5 star WR at one site and 4 star WR site at this one, the funny thing is if he committed here, people (Tater posters pretending to be Gamecocks) would be questioning why he was so touted but his junior season stats are so mediocre.

He's coming off a junior season of 29 catches for 675 yards and 8 touchdowns

Ladden Zanders is a 3 star DB, # 39 in the state of NC and not heavily recruited, if committed here, people would be given him the RJ Roderick treatment

Zanders offers Maryland, Appalachian State, East Carolina, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt and SMU.

I have not seen film on Zanders, but Clemson has done a good job of bringing in lower rated secondary players and developing them the last several years so it will probably work for them.

Clemson is ahead of us in how they approach the spring game with recruiting and it showed last year in the XT commitment and they had another nice day BUT

im not like shaking over Zanders or any of these guys

Strong first post Tater. Go back to TaterNet and talk about what shampoo Trevor Lawrence probably uses.
Exactly, and i don't know what we are going to do because Clempson is gonna win the national championship every year from here on out. But just remember this what an old man told me one time, the sun don't shine on the same dog's ass forever. Go Cocks!

I like the State's headlines
Clemson lands commitment from top dual-threat quarterback

Phommachanh is rated as a four-star recruit and the No. 3 dual-threat quarterback in the country, by sites

Not # 1 LOL and # 145 in the nation per rivals, nice pickup but wont unseat Trevor Lawrence, and could decommit before its all said and done, so why would someone be worried about it on this board is beyond me.

The Ladson kid is high ranked 5 star WR at one site and 4 star WR site at this one, the funny thing is if he committed here, people (Tater posters pretending to be Gamecocks) would be questioning why he was so touted but his junior season stats are so mediocre.

He's coming off a junior season of 29 catches for 675 yards and 8 touchdowns

Ladden Zanders is a 3 star DB, # 39 in the state of NC and not heavily recruited, if committed here, people would be given him the RJ Roderick treatment

Zanders offers Maryland, Appalachian State, East Carolina, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt and SMU.

I have not seen film on Zanders, but Clemson has done a good job of bringing in lower rated secondary players and developing them the last several years so it will probably work for them.

Clemson is ahead of us in how they approach the spring game with recruiting and it showed last year in the XT commitment and they had another nice day BUT

im not like shaking over Zanders or any of these guys
So we have the Clemson propaganda machine even on this site. I knew we (along with everyone else) offered Nix and no one is unseating him from #1. Honestly never even heard of the other guys.

haha who cares. They keep getting highly rated qb's and wr's. Yes Qb is the most important position on the field but only one can play at a time. So out of all those 5 star and 4 star qb's only one will be playing in the game. lol. Wake me up when they are signing 5 star lineman, linebackers and secondary. Our recruiting is just as good or better than their is currently.

You're on tater Twitter to much. Good pick ups no doubt. But not the #1this and that .

Reactions: rogue cock
It says a lot about the little brother inferiority complex clem has, since they have to come here, create fake gamecock fan accounts and use them to pound their chests.
Even a year removed from winning a title, all they want to do is tell us about it.

haha who cares. They keep getting highly rated qb's and wr's. Yes Qb is the most important position on the field but only one can play at a time. So out of all those 5 star and 4 star qb's only one will be playing in the game. lol. Wake me up when they are signing 5 star lineman, linebackers and secondary. Our recruiting is just as good or better than their is currently.
Dude unfortunately they just did... Jackson Carman 5 star OL last year. It stinks that Clemson is recruiting this well.

Right on brother. Better for you to sleep.

Currently on Clemson's roster:

Jackson Carman 5* OT
Mitch Hyatt 5*(ESPN) OT
Xavier Thomas 5* DE
K.J. Henry 5* DE
Christian Wilkins 5* DT
Dexter Lawrence 5* DT
Shaq Smith 5* LB
Tre Lamar 5* LB
AJ Terrell 5* DB

That's 9 not including WRs or QBs....time to wake up bud

Like it or not, they are a special factor in college football right now. Something needs to happen to derail them. Us beating them would be a help, but they might have to be derailed in order for us to beat them. It's a catch-22.
It would really be nice if it was us. Honestly, they've been tough ever since they hired Venables. He has given them an elite defense to go with the weapons they seem to always have on offense. He needs to take a head coaching job and they need to make a bust of a hire.

Reactions: Pole and king ward
It would really be nice if it was us. Honestly, they've been tough ever since they hired Venables. He has given them an elite defense to go with the weapons they seem to always have on offense. He needs to take a head coaching job and they need to make a bust of a hire.

I’ll write Whammy a solid letter of recommendation. He can replace Venables. He has shown a great capacity to inherit elite defenses and derail them in a short amount of time.

Like it or not, they are a special factor in college football right now. Something needs to happen to derail them. Us beating them would be a help, but they might have to be derailed in order for us to beat them. It's a catch-22.

Nothing lasts forever. Alabama was drifting into mediocrity when they hired Saban, so that could happen again. LSU was unbeatable until they weren't. Notre Effin Dame is struggling.

Most fans think their schools can become a thing, as if a program can somehow, with the right coaches and players, ascend Mt Olympus and achieve a permanent status. It is a game, not an epic quest for knighthood. But only an imagined quest can justify spending five figures a year to watch a game, or spending fifty million just to put the players on the field. Without the fantasy Camelot to play in we would be idiots for spending what we do.

Reactions: Zann77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT