ADVERTISEMENT

Redneck Taters

Damn, I gotta admit… that is class free.

You always see this kind of crap on both sides. I fail to see the reason that you’d wear Clemson gear to a USC event or vice versa.

True story:

My wife and I both graduated from Clemson, but my wife’s PhD is from USC. So this summer we took a trip from Idaho to SC to spend time with her parents on Wateree. She wanted to go and visit with some of the folks she worked with while at USC. I managed to somehow hide my enthusiasm, but quickly suggested that while she was visiting on campus, that I’d take our daughter to Riverbanks Zoo. Problem solved.

So the day of the visit, I’m wearing my usual summer outfit… Kaki shorts and a Clemson golf shirt that had the usual tiger paw on the left chest, but also had Clemson Tigers on the arm band. Bright orange of course. My daughter and I have a blast at the Zoo. She loved the ropes course attraction which is new since we left in 2011. We are headed back into downtown when my wife calls and says that she wants to hit happy hour with some of her folks and why don’t we join them at Tio’s (spelling maybe?). For those of you that don’t know, Tio’s is just across the road from the horseshoe on Sumter Street. I actually went by a dollar store and bought a plain blue T-shirt to replace my Clemson shirt. Not b/c I was worried about getting my ass kicked, but because it’s just a plain old dick move to wear one on campus.

We have fans five bombing Dumbo Swinney so lets not act like we are innocent. On the other hand, at least they were sly about it. This either shows low IQ or low class.
Both. These are the type fans who have never been to Clemson and don't know exactly where it is. Muschamp starts whippin Sweeny's ass which should start soon, he probably will be wearing garnet again.

"Let's rub it in by wearing our national title shirt". Also trying to figure out why they're standing in line for autographs with presumably a Carolina poster. Our guys should use a marker and draw a giant "X" on the guy's shirt. I remember going to a Carolina spring game ten years ago and one guy showed up with a Clemson shirt or jersey. Whole stadium caught on and booed. Pretty funny.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT