ADVERTISEMENT

Redshirt & Stats

Cock-a-Doo

Dec 8, 2009
Question....
With the new "play 4 games and redshirt" rule will a player's stats for those 4 games count towards to player's overall career stats?
I dont see how you couldn't count them but seems like it could help some 4 year starter types to break some school records if they are productive in those 4 games.
Just a random thought and thought I'd see if anyone knew

Reactions: Judson1
Question....
With the new "play 4 games and redshirt" rule will a player's stats for those 4 games count towards to player's overall career stats?
I dont see how you couldn't count them but seems like it could help some 4 year starter types to break some school records if they are productive in those 4 games.
Just a random thought and thought I'd see if anyone knew
Interesting.......

I don't see how you don't count them. They will be part of team and game stats, so you can't just pretend that they don't exist. Over 4 games, I don't see that amount of stats really skewing things enough to matter; if they ARE significant enough to skew overall stat lines, then (unless those 4 games are at the very end of the season) that player will probably end up not red shirting if that effective.

Reactions: king ward
Oh boy, another asterisk stat line! Just think back to the day when freshmen had to play JV or before the three point line and the dunk, man those guys really got screwed! Damn, I'm old!

Oh boy, another asterisk stat line! Just think back to the day when freshmen had to play JV or before the three point line and the dunk, man those guys really got screwed! Damn, I'm old!
Could you imagine David Thompson being able to dunk or Pete Maravich with the 3- point line.

Could you imagine David Thompson being able to dunk or Pete Maravich with the 3- point line.
Really, I think he invented the phrase take a dime off the top of the backboard! One of my best sports memories, watching Pistol Pete run through his ball handling drills with his Dad Press at Cambell College Basketball Camp!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT