ADVERTISEMENT

Referees

Aug 30, 2010
Got to get this off my chest .Do you know what the Referees in the Carolina Georgia game and the Media in this county have in common ? They are both CROOKED has Hell and we all know it ...But we still stuffed it down they throats. Go Cocks!

Reactions: bushmastercock
Got to get this off my chest .Do you know what the Referees in the Carolina Georgia game and the Media in this county have in common ? They are both CROOKED has Hell and we all know it ...But we still stuffed it down they throats. Go Cocks!
I do not fully understand what is reviewable and not, but I was fuming that the officials did not want to review if Nick Muse made a first down (I think it was on South Carolina second drive in first quarter), but they reviewed if Makaumu actually made a clean interception.

I know when South Carolina played Kentucky, the officials did review the spot of where Bryan Edwards was down at during South Carolina first possession of that game so I do not know why they did not review where Muse was down at.

I do not fully understand what is reviewable and not, but I was fuming that the officials did not want to review if Nick Muse made a first down (I think it was on South Carolina second drive in first quarter), but they reviewed if Makaumu actually made a clean interception.

I know when South Carolina played Kentucky, the officials did review the spot of where Bryan Edwards was down at during South Carolina first possession of that game so I do not know why they did not review where Muse was down at.

My favorite was the horse collar that was all Jersey. Need to review that kind of shit like the NFL does.

My favorite was the holding on Robinson on the 4th and 6 that would have virtually ended the game. The ball was uncatchable, but the sec officials gave uga 4 more downs

pretty sure on defensive holding does not require the ball to be catchable..
Had they called just normal PI,, the uncatchable ball would have mattered IIRC..

My favorite was the holding on Robinson on the 4th and 6 that would have virtually ended the game. The ball was uncatchable, but the sec officials gave uga 4 more downs
100% agree on this one. The zebras were wearing silver britches today and it was painfully obvious at key times

Reactions: JOEFANATIC
pretty sure on defensive holding does not require the ball to be catchable..
Had they called just normal PI,, the uncatchable ball would have mattered IIRC..
You are correct! However, the wrong thing was called by the refs. If the foul occurred while the ball was in the air then the call should have been pass interference (which it was) and then the uncatchable call would have definitely applied!

You are correct! However, the wrong thing was called by the refs. If the foul occurred while the ball was in the air then the call should have been pass interference (which it was) and then the uncatchable call would have definitely applied!
Can still be holding once the ball is in the air. The sucky part is that even if the holding never happened, I don’t think he makes that catch where that ball was thrown.

Can still be holding once the ball is in the air. The sucky part is that even if the holding never happened, I don’t think he makes that catch where that ball was thrown.
Unless you know something I don't that isn't true.
"Defensive pass interference is contact beyond the neutral zone by a [defensive] player whose intent to impede an eligible opponent is obvious and could prevent the opponent the opportunity of receiving a catchable forward pass. When in question, a legal forward pass is catchable."
Holding is a call made before a forward pass is attempted.

Reactions: TAV31

oh i agree it was dumb to call.. i told my wife(who is not football savy ) the official’s are gonna do what they can to insure jawja won

Unless you know something I don't that isn't true.
"Defensive pass interference is contact beyond the neutral zone by a [defensive] player whose intent to impede an eligible opponent is obvious and could prevent the opponent the opportunity of receiving a catchable forward pass. When in question, a legal forward pass is catchable."
Holding is a call made before a forward pass is attempted.
Not arguing that, but the rule states this becomes the case once the ball crosses the neutral zone. So on a shotgun snap, the ball will have to travel 5-7 yards before crossing the neutral zone.

From
You can look at every replay where a tackle is make in such fashion and you will see the same call almost every time.

From the rule book: All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside back collar of the shoulder pads or jersey, the area, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, and immediately pulling the ball carrier down. This does not apply to a ball carrier, including a potential passer, who is inside the tackle box.

Thanks for playing though.

From

From the rule book: All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside back collar of the shoulder pads or jersey, the area, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, and immediately pulling the ball carrier down. This does not apply to a ball carrier, including a potential passer, who is inside the tackle box.

Not going to get into the right or wrong call, however, the horse collar rule is BS... I can't understand how you grab and opponents jersey on any part of his body trying to tackle him and it can be a penalty..... Stupid rule

Not arguing that, but the rule states this becomes the case once the ball crosses the neutral zone. So on a shotgun snap, the ball will have to travel 5-7 yards before crossing the neutral zone.
That is a good point actually!

From

I’ll play along… Go watch the replay his fingers touch the top part of the jersey in the neck for sure But immediately slid about 5 inches down and he had a handful of jersey making the tackle. So if touching the inside collar for a split second is a foul then so be it.

I wondered about the throw Fromm made in the first half to avoid a sack, where nobody from either team was in the vicinity and he definitely was not out of the tackle box. How was that not intentional grounding? They also missed on obvious helmet to helmet hit on Nolan Smith where he knocked the bejeezus out of Joyner.

Reactions: TAV31
If it's holding it doesn't matter if the ball is catchable or not since holding is holding regardless. Now if it's PI then it does matter if the ball was catchable. That's the difference.

If it's holding it doesn't matter if the ball is catchable or not since holding is holding regardless. Now if it's PI then it does matter if the ball was catchable. That's the difference.
Bottom line is Robinson battled the te for 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage and released. If the officials wanted to call holding then they should’ve been watching uga’s o-line the whole game. To call it there just shows their bias

This thread is exactly what is wrong with officiating, no not the fans. But the game itself is completely over-regulated with rules and penalties etc. It is impossible to see and call everything because there are too MANY damn rules!!! This is the classic example of any little problem that arises they try to put a band aid on it and come up with some ridiculous new rule or new interpretation of a rule.

And holding happens before a pass is thrown, catch-ability matters not. Pass interference is when the ball is in the air (hence the interfering with a pass).

Bottom line is Robinson battled the te for 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage and released. If the officials wanted to call holding then they should’ve been watching uga’s o-line the whole game. To call it there just shows their bias[/QUOTE]
Stop it.
If you're going to hold in open space, in this case the defensive backfield for all the world to see you will get called every time. .

Champ didn't give anybody time to review the Muse first down . We ran hurry up and it couldn't be reviewed after we snapped the ball. That one was in Chamo

I’ll play along… Go watch the replay his fingers touch the top part of the jersey in the neck for sure But immediately slid about 5 inches down and he had a handful of jersey making the tackle. So if touching the inside collar for a split second is a foul then so be it.
FB Officials are now instructed to call it if the collar of the jersey is grabbed and held, just like the shoulder pads. This is a change from the past.
When will NCAA officials start calling "targeting" more? Using the crown of the helmet is illegal. It does not have to be a high hit on a skill player. Ex.- high/low block on the line or crackback block. Another example, "targeting a defenseless player" on changes of possessions.

You can take your political opinions over to another board. I'd rather have a discussion about sports on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT