preebs2001

Gold Member
May 12, 2009
jghury.gif

Originally posted by pepsicock:
Originally posted by preebs2001:
He is right up there next to
mo-vaughn-c10107319-719088.jpeg
Mo Vaugh's career on the Mets was 10,000x better than Uggla's on the Braves. His only full season with the Mets was actually not bad at all (.259 70RBI 26HR). Uggla was a walking strikeout his entire tenure on the Braves.

I was watching a Braves game while he was still with them and the announcers were talking about how he was being stubborn about not wanting to hit the ball to right field. I can understand believing in what you can do but when you get to the point where you are so stubborn that you damage your career, you would think he would be smart enough to change but I guess I give him too much credit.

Originally posted by caigmaster:
I was watching a Braves game while he was still with them and the announcers were talking about how he was being stubborn about not wanting to hit the ball to right field. I can understand believing in what you can do but when you get to the point where you are so stubborn that you damage your career, you would think he would be smart enough to change but I guess I give him too much credit.
The guy had a $13million dollar guaranteed contract, he was going to do it his way.

It's not about hitting the ball the other way in the pros, not many of them left in baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT