ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when FSU and Danny Kanell used to be a thing?

DarkCock

Jan 21, 2006
FSU is below .500 and Kanell is working a 3 man booth in the Texas Tech/Iowa State game. What happened?

Just goes to show that any program can fall from grace very rapidly. FSU were national champions only 4 years ago? Hopefully, the same fate will befall Clemson soon. No one stays at the top forever (see Texas, Southern Cal, Nebraska). As for Kannell, the dude had no NFL passing skills at all ala Charlie Ward. He got signed by the NY Giants but turned into a bust in no time.

Reactions: 92Pony
I wouldn’t be surprised if the fan mention something about Jimbo’s slut wife Candy screwing the UF receiver. I’m pretty sure you could get ole Jimbo’s goat with that little nugget....

As for Kannell, the dude had no NFL passing skills at all ala Charlie Ward. He got signed by the NY Giants but turned into a bust in no time.

Yeah, his pro career wasn't very memorable. However, I was asking more about his post-playing career. It seemed like for a while there he was on every ESPN college football segment, especially during Winston's run at FSU. He also had a radio show on ESPN. But he disappeared about six months ago. I heard him on doing commentator on a second tier Big XII game over the weekend. Quite a step down.

Yeah, his pro career wasn't very memorable. However, I was asking more about his post-playing career. It seemed like for a while there he was on every ESPN college football segment, especially during Winston's run at FSU. He also had a radio show on ESPN. But he disappeared about six months ago. I heard him on doing commentator on a second tier Big XII game over the weekend. Quite a step down.
A couple of months ago, ESPN laid off a ton of people both old and young because the network was bleeding money big time. Danny Kannell was on that list of employee terminations and that's why he is nowhere to be seen on ESPN. Career wise, what he is doing now is a step or two in the downward direction. That is the risk of the job market regardless of one's profession.

Reactions: DarkCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT