ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Will Levis 'questionable' for Saturday against South Carolina

Alan Cole

Beat Reporter
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2022
Report coming in from Kentucky Sports Radio's Matt Jones regarding the status of Kentucky starting quarterback Will Levis.

Levis suffered a finger injury against Ole Miss, but still finished the game. Seems like this might be unrelated to that, though.

Kentucky's backup quarterbacks are Kaiya Sheron and Deuce Hogan, neither of whom have thrown a pass in 2022.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Another update on this from The Athletic, saying Levis was in a boot. Further support for the case it has nothing to do with the finger he jammed against Ole Miss.

This is a huge game for our season. I don't think we have won a conference road game against a ranked team since our win over Georgia in 2019.

It is not his throwing hand, but that does look bad

Fd_-Rh1WYAIzTk4

GOOOOOOOOOO GAMECOCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Staff Reports
Lexington, KY
UPDATED OCTOBER 08, 2022 11:48 PM

Backup quarterbacks Kaiya Sheron and Deuce Hogan combined to complete 28 of 32 passes for 309 yards and 4 touchdowns here Saturday night against the Gamecocks in their first action of the season. At one point, Sheron completed 14 straight passes, along with a 58 yard laser to a wide open Brandon White, also seeing his first action of the season.

Matt Ruffolo's 62 yard field goal, on a fumbled snap, just before the half sealed the most impressive 1st half performance of a Kentucky team since Hal Mumme's inaugural season in 1997, giving the Wildcats a 26 point halftime edge on the way to a 40 point win.

"I can say this now. All week long both Kaiya and Deuce struggled against our 2nd team defense in practice so we scaled back the offense quite a bit. We actually thought about just running the ball tonight to give us a chance. But tonight - WOW - they just exploded and we were fortunate to get the win. " - Head Coach Mark Stoops

Last edited:
Staff Reports
Lexington, KY
UPDATED OCTOBER 08, 2022 11:48 PM

Backup quarterbacks Kaiya Sheron and Deuce Hogan combined to complete 28 of 32 passes for 309 yards and 4 touchdowns here Saturday night against the Gamecocks in their first action of the season. At one point, Sheron completed 14 straight passes, along with a 58 yard laser to a wide open Brandon White, also seeing his first action of the season.

Matt Ruffolo's 62 yard field goal, on a fumbled snap, just before the half sealed the most impressive 1st half performance of a Kentucky team since Hal Mumme's inaugural season in 1997, giving the Wildcats a 26 point halftime edge on the way to a 40 point win.

"I can say this now. All week long both Kaiya and Deuce struggled against our 2nd team defense in practice so we scaled back the offense quite a bit. We actually thought about just running the ball tonight to give us a chance. But tonight - WOW - they just exploded and we were fortunate to get the win. " - Head Coach Mark Stoops
colin-jost-boo-qsrmv7jffx5zdggu.gif

Reactions: DeeDave
Another update on this from The Athletic, saying Levis was in a boot. Further support for the case it has nothing to do with the finger he jammed against Ole Miss.
The old QB bootleg trick. Honestly I rather play their starter we tend to make Heisman candidates out of 1st time starting quarterbacks.

All, I would not get too excited. I have watched numerous QB’s make their first start against SC and absolutely light it up. SC has a way of making new QB’s look like Heisman candidates.

Reactions: Uncle Money
All, I would not get too excited. I have watched numerous QB’s make their first start against SC and absolutely light it up. SC has a way of making new QB’s look like Heisman candidates.
and the next week their heisman hopes are dashed as they go 5/13, 79 yards, 3 ints.

Being as the line has dropped to 3.5 I am fairly certain we won't see Levis today. Go Cocks.

Report I just saw says "game time decision" but Vegas don't get fooled. Point spread is still 3.5.

I'd rather see them at full tilt. We need to find out who we are far more than sliding into some meaningless bowl. Iron sharpens iron.

Reactions: bucketdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT