ADVERTISEMENT

Restaurant Wing Prices

Jbouton2

Jun 27, 2020
Heard yesterday some are charging as high $32. I haven't been out to order. Anyone been out to order lately?
Used to enjoy a few cold ones with some wings....

Heard yesterday some are charging as high $32. I haven't been out to order. Anyone been out to order lately?
Used to enjoy a few cold ones with some wings....
A friend runs some restaurants. They are having to charge $20/lb just to afford to serve them.

I saw on t.v. a restaurant owner was charging $28 but was paying $34. He hated charging his costumers that much and was just hoping they would buy extra drinks that he could make some money on.

Food service economics are totally screwed right now. I don’t even know where to start to fix them.

I saw $20 for 10 wings at Carolina Ale House. I’m sorry I can’t justify paying steak prices for chicken wings. I love them but everything has a price. I buy them at the store and stick them in my air fryer for a portion of that price.

Reactions: cocks rule
Once had a farmer client that told me they have to be the only people that pay retail price to provide a product at wholesale prices.

Well, the price of chickens paid to the chicken farmer hasn’t changed. It is still 7 cents to 8 cents a pound. So who is responsible for the increase?
Tyson. Just take a look at their last quarterly report and see how much their income and profit margins increased.

Reactions: Neanderthal
Tyson. Just take a look at their last quarterly report and see how much their income and profit margins increased.

Yep- from late February

“Customer demand continues to outpace our ability to supply product,” Chief Executive Donnie King said.

Record profits too.

I was in Spartanburg late in the week and stopped by a local friend's restaurant. He said they had been packed with customers and this weekend could be the biggest weekend ever.

I was going to get a jersey mikes sub yesterday after work because of a $2 off promo they have.I went through the check out and the price for a regular was still over $8.00. So a regular would be like $10. They have a good sub Imo,but not $10 good.For $10,you can get a lot more food at other places. The promo code is MDW if anyone is interested in saving $2.00.

I was going to get a jersey mikes sub yesterday after work because of a $2 off promo they have.I went through the check out and the price for a regular was still over $8.00. So a regular would be like $10. They have a good sub Imo,but not $10 good.For $10,you can get a lot more food at other places. The promo code is MDW if anyone is interested in saving $2.00.

Jersey Mikes has always been overpriced and is even more so now. My wife and I got a Giant a few weeks ago, along with 2 sodas and 2 chips and it was around $25.

• Wow
Reactions: 92Pony
BS price gouging. I go to too many grocery stores looking for 1 thing or another and despite some definite rises in prices here and there, I’m still paying $2.99/lb. consistently for the boneless skinless breasts we’ve been buying from the same store almost every week since 2013. And I will bet everything in my wallet right now that what I’m getting is much higher quality than your run of the mill chicken wing. I used to get wings a lot from a certain Americanized Chinese place in Rosewood and when that Rona started, wings and fries went from $8ish to $13ish consistently. So now they’re history. Too much for the most meatless part of the chicken. Maybe it’s all Biden’s fault, who knows, but there is some serious gouging going on around town, and some of it doesn’t need to be grown, cooked, trucked in, or gassed up

I stopped going out for them, mine are 100% better at home to include my cold ass beer.

Here in the home of the chicken wing upstate ny most decent places are charging 30 - 35 for a dozen.

The classic large pizza with 1 topping and a dozen wings will cost you at least 60 dollars right now

• Wow
Reactions: 92Pony
If any of you are paying these prices for this kind of basically crap food to begin with, then you are part of the problem. Supply and demand! If you don't buy it the price will have to come down.

Reactions: 92Pony and Dizzy01
FYI: Publix has a special thru Tuesday, June 7:
20 baked chicken wings for $15.99

Got a plate full right now. Decent size

All of this over what was a 'throw-away' part of the chicken years ago.

Reactions: JGH 35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT