ADVERTISEMENT

Rich Rodrigues just turned down Florida job

jd7vXDP.gif

just know you guys will love this quip:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
We should probably create a thread on listing all the coaches that will turn down the Florida job and laugh at the person who was wrong.

The more this gets dragged out... the more I might have to put $10 down that Spurrier ends up being the intern coach for next year because they can't find anyone.

They let go of Muschamp too early, McElwain wins back to back SEC East titles with Muschamp's players, they fire McElwain in his 3rd season because he is now leaning on the players he drafted.

No sane coach is going to take this job right now. They can only hope to find someone that doesn't care about the money and wants the challenge or DOES care about the money and would sell their soul to win games.

Reactions: robertfootball
"They let go of Muschamp too early, McElwain wins back to back SEC East titles with Muschamp's players, they fire McElwain in his 3rd season because he is now leaning on the players he drafted."

The offense was terrible at UF under Muschamp and continued that way under McElwain. I guarantee you there aren't any Florida fans who think they got rid of Muschamp too early. As for McElwain, Florida aspires to much more than winning the crappy SEC East and then getting humiliated by Bama.

it's going to take you guys another year or two to realize that Muschamp isn't capable of winning big there. 8-9 wins is the ceiling for him at SC

"They let go of Muschamp too early, McElwain wins back to back SEC East titles with Muschamp's players, they fire McElwain in his 3rd season because he is now leaning on the players he drafted."

The offense was terrible at UF under Muschamp and continued that way under McElwain. I guarantee you there aren't any Florida fans who think they got rid of Muschamp too early. As for McElwain, Florida aspires to much more than winning the crappy SEC East and then getting humiliated by Bama.

it's going to take you guys another year or two to realize that Muschamp isn't capable of winning big there. 8-9 wins is the ceiling for him at SC
If UF still had Muschamp, they'd still have Will Grier....along with that suffocating defense. Gotta think he'd be doing okay with that combo.

You could be absolutely right.

But the facts are; McElwain won the SEC East the first two years with Muschamp players.
Florida was quick to pull the trigger and fire McElwain during his 3rd season just WHEN he finally started to get to use players he recruited. (Offense was still bad right?)
There is not enough facts about Muschamp to throw him under the boss for being a HC yet. This latest McElwain firing is starting to show a pattern in Florida football athletics about how messed up their whole system is. Florida caused Meyer to mentally break. You can even look further back on how they actually asked Spurrier to interview for them for the HC opening.

Just like it's a wait and see with Muschamp if he can be successful at USC.
It's a wait and see if Florida is on the path like Tennessee to become irrelevant in the SEC. It's been 10 years now and it's apparent the Tennessee athletic department still can't get what they want together. It's not far fetched to say Florida is potentially on the same path.

Jim can blame Jim on Grier

4. It wasn't a smooth transfer process. Grier said it "felt like he was being pushed away" from the Gators football program and accused McElwain of telling reporters that he was eligible to practice with the team while sending a different message behind closed doors.

I said, the exact quote, "I just want to know what your plans are for the future. Are you going to bring in more guys? Am I a guy you don't see playing here in the future?"

He said, "You're welcome here in the future, you're a Gator, but I'm not telling you my plans. I'm not giving you any guarantees."

Two weeks later, I decided to have one more meeting, man-to-man, and ask McElwain what the future held. I kept asking him what I could do to make it work there. He finally ended up saying, "Maybe a fresh start isn't the worst thing." He said that, and I said, "So I guess that's the move."

Grier also alleged that McElwain was two hours late for the first meeting because he was out recruiting quarterback Feleipe Franks. McElwain did not confirm or deny that claim when contacted by Bleacher Report.

"Was I late? I don't know. ... I'd have to check my calendar. I recruit a bunch of guys. We had 24 guys in that recruiting class."

If he wins 8-9 a year here he will easily get through his 5 year contract. We can decide then what to do, make a change or keep him around. We will be stacked with players though, you can bet that. He's gotta beat Clemson though. That's more important than he first realized when he came here.

If UF still had Muschamp, they'd still have Will Grier....along with that suffocating defense. Gotta think he'd be doing okay with that combo.
If he hadn't of had to clean out Urban's thugs, he would possibly done better. The Administration made cleaning up the program a top priority because things had gotten out of hand under Urban. They were fed up with the constant swirl of bad publicity. That was a big distraction for Will. The jury is still out on whether or not he will be successful here. If he is it will be without all the built in factors Smart has going for him.I noticed one of the players Will cut loose at Florida was suspended by the NFL this very week.

Reactions: vehemon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT