ADVERTISEMENT

Rocker is coming

I`ve wanted to hire Rocker many times when we have had an opening. And taking 2 from Tennessee has to be a good thing. They finished above us in recruiting so anything that might hurt them is good. Do these recruits not understand that the only reason Pruitt is their head coach is that nobody else would take the job? Everyone was laughing because they kept getting rejected.

This is a solid hire and to pull two guys from Ut who had a much better season than us... These hires show me that assistant coaches and staffers don’t pay any attention to the noise around a program. If the safety of a coach’s position is a big part of their decision this would not make sense. Rocker is a solid coach and their head of recruiting just pulled in a top 10 class.

Last edited:
Unless he goes worse than 6-6 I'm convinced he is going nowhere

Unfortunately, I think this is the absolute truth. Even at 6-6, which is easily doable with little improvement but trading UNC for ECU, and App for Coastal, USC would qualify for a bowl. Then Ray could proudly announce the his choice of stability with Muschamp is showing improvement despite the fact that USC might not be making any real gains against the better programs that they need to beat to be a legitimate player in the grand scheme of things.

5 wins is all this season will produce. Then the pumpers will be out in force screaming "Improvement." It's a joke. Pumpers are the cancer of this program.

We will have a good season; long overdue. Even a blind squirrel sometimes finds an acorn.

We will have a good season; long overdue. Even a blind squirrel sometimes finds an acorn.
Very good DL coach but a recruiting is definitely not his strong suit. Kirby Smart fired him at UGA over recruiting and he had sit out a year before Pruitt hired him at UT. He was in line for a off field position at UT due to lack of spark on the recruiting trail. Even without him working at recruiting, UT finished 7th on the rivals site. Also, Rocker may just be binding his time as his son will be a top 10 probably even 5 in the MLB draft in 2 years after his junior year at Vandy. He was arguably Vandy's best pitcher last year as a freshman and Rocker was there every weekend that Vandy was home to watch him pitch.

Very good DL coach but a recruiting is definitely not his strong suit. Kirby Smart fired him at UGA over recruiting and he had sit out a year before Pruitt hired him at UT. He was in line for a off field position at UT due to lack of spark on the recruiting trail. Even without him working at recruiting, UT finished 7th on the rivals site. Also, Rocker may just be binding his time as his son will be a top 10 probably even 5 in the MLB draft in 2 years after his junior year at Vandy. He was arguably Vandy's best pitcher last year as a freshman and Rocker was there every weekend that Vandy was home to watch him pitch.

Even with his perceived recruiting liabilities, he has put out long list of NFL draft picks and All-Americans.

Even with his perceived recruiting liabilities, he has put out long list of NFL draft picks and All-Americans.
Agree but someone is going to have to recruit players for him and he has turned more than one recruit against him for the perceived lack of communication. Just don't think his heart is in it any more and SC is like TN in that there just isn't a lot of great DL on a regular basis in the state. I know the DL at UT was sad to see him go but they realized they needed someone more in tune with players and recruiting. He will help your DL but someone on the staff will have to pick up the slack for him in recruiting.

Agree but someone is going to have to recruit players for him and he has turned more than one recruit against him for the perceived lack of communication. Just don't think his heart is in it any more and SC is like TN in that there just isn't a lot of great DL on a regular basis in the state. I know the DL at UT was sad to see him go but they realized they needed someone more in tune with players and recruiting. He will help your DL but someone on the staff will have to pick up the slack for him in recruiting.

Who knows, maybe Champ sees this as a stopgap solution for us. We have some very good talent on the DL, so maybe he sees Rocker as a short-term solution to coach those guys up and then address the recruiting thing down the road. Or maybe Champ thinks he can personally fill in the recruiting void.

Is John Blake currently serving time anywhere? If not.....go get him. The man historically has brought in the recruits anywhere he has been. One doesnt get the nickname "Black Santa" if one doesn't know how to play the game.

Is he show cause over? He was banned by the NCAA from coaching for a number of years. He left the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,after coaching from 2007 until 2010, when he left in the midst of a scandal over undisclosed loans and misleading NCAA investigators. He got a show cause, probably over by now, but I don't think he is in coaching.

He's a solid DL coach, no arguing that. But he is a liability when it comes to recruiting and that is why he is not at UT anymore. The guy flamed out on two coveted instate DL recruits this year with one basically stating, he rarely spoke with him. And that was just this years recruiting cycle.

Lost two instate DL last year as well. One being Anderson going with you guys. Not heard that Pruitt said anything negative about Rocker and doubt that happened publicly. Besides never know when you might be working with someone again. The fact is, the state of TN doesn't produce alot of big time DL recruits and when it does, we can't lose out on them so easily. No sour grapes, that's just how it played out.

Again, solid coach. Kids that he coached like him. He took a bunch of question marks this year and molded them into a decent unit but he does not recruit and why he is gone.
But I thought BOOM! said if you can't recruit you can't coach here.

5 wins is all this season will produce. Then the pumpers will be out in force screaming "Improvement." It's a joke. Pumpers are the cancer of this program.
I want to win very badly, and tend to be one of the more "negative " posters. That said, I wouldn't go so far as calling the pumpers "cancer." I vacillate between being a pumper (because I want to win) and being a chicken little ("the sky is falling") type of fan. At the end of the day, I'm a Gamecock through and through. I've been cheering them since we "played with a loaded 38". And I'll be cheering them until I'm pushing up daisies. I can't do otherwise. It's in my blood. I haven't be a CWM fan. But I do wish him all the success in the world. Maybe he's a late bloomer (Late Boomer, hahah). I'm pleased with the recruiting class. The hires may pan out well, too. Now let's win some dang games!!!!!! I think we need to pull out 6-7 wins. If not, then...

Reactions: Expro19
All of these coaching changes wont matter. Dont get me wrong, they're cute and all, and their names even sound cool, which probably adds to the excitement. But...

The head coach is a stubborn moron who wont adapt to the modern game, and has thus been left behind.
Eyeroll

It's all irrelevant. None of the current coaching staff will be in place come December. All this is just fodder for the sunshine pumpers. Champ can't coach. Duh.....
Your all knowing "predictions" as of late have been total shit so I'm optimistic that these hires will turn it around.

:(
All of these coaching changes wont matter. Dont get me wrong, they're cute and all, and their names even sound cool, which probably adds to the excitement. But...

The head coach is a stubborn moron who wont adapt to the modern game, and has thus been left behind.
:(

Reactions: tngamecock#
Going by the rankings we have like 2 5 star dlineman and 7 or 8 others who were rated 4 stars by at least one service. Rocker has plenty of talent to coach up.Your Dline coach needs to be able to do that coach em up. Brad Lawing wasn't the best recruiter out there but he was one of the best Dline coaches around...ditto for Rocker.

Conkrete I don't believe he can survive 5-7. I know that would be the most "Carolina" thing to do but just don't think this fanbase or more importantly those in charge would be able to stomach it. You could be correct though so lets hope we win 8 or better yet 9.

Some of you guys comments are absolutely out there. This is a great hire. We already have tons of talent on the DL. Just sit back and watch what he does and enjoy.

Reactions: CockFamily6
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT