ADVERTISEMENT

Rocky Bottom Drama Continues

giphy.gif

JP calling out the fans up here in TN, has rubbed alot of the fan base the wrong way. However, the loyal JP fans are now attacking the fans that disagreeing with his statement calling them "fair weather" and "bandwagon" fans. Dudes not even coached a game and has the fan base already pissed off and dividing. LOL. Good read here http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...1746-pruitt-happy-spring-game-attendance.html

They can't get discombobulated enough to suit me. I'm hoping for anarchy and disintegration.

Do you still think they will regain a level of consistent prominence?

I tend to think their 20 years of mediocrity is less of an aberration and more of the new norm for Tennessee.

The thing about UT is they've always relied on the tradition of the program to sell to kids and bring in recruits. The longer they live in mediocrity, the more difficult it will be for them to return. Kids in high school now are already too young to remember the UT hay day.

The thing about UT is they've always relied on the tradition of the program to sell to kids and bring in recruits. The longer they live in mediocrity, the more difficult it will be for them to return. Kids in high school now are already too young to remember the UT hay day.

Exactly. Tennessee is no longer a cool brand. They’ve seemed too desperate to try to make themselves cool with things like those ridiculous smokey gray uniforms. They abandoned tradition for a possible short term gain and now they have neither.

I agree with @kingward that they may one day regain prominence, but the longer they remain in the zone between dumpster fire and simply mediocre, the harder it will be for them.

Exactly. Tennessee is no longer a cool brand. They’ve seemed too desperate to try to make themselves cool with things like those ridiculous smokey gray uniforms. They abandoned tradition for a possible short term gain and now they have neither.

I agree with @kingward that they may one day regain prominence, but the longer they remain in the zone between dumpster fire and simply mediocre, the harder it will be for them.
The better it will be for us. That's the part I'm interested in. I want a strong SEC. I've always said that the brand is important. If they don't figure into that, I'm fine with it. But I maintain the belief that they will get back to the top echelon sometime. The farther away that time is from now, the better.

Reactions: rogue cock
Just goes to show you how important it is to hire the right person for your program. You would think Pruitt would come in and calm the waters instead of stirring it up. It may take him a full 4 year recruiting cycle to get his guys in there...and will that fan base willing to wait that long? Me thinks no.

Just goes to show you how important it is to hire the right person for your program. You would think Pruitt would come in and calm the waters instead of stirring it up. It may take him a full 4 year recruiting cycle to get his guys in there...and will that fan base willing to wait that long? Me thinks no.

If they fire him before 4 years, barring scandal, their next coaching search will make this most recent one look easy.

Even though it was highly embarrassing for them, they did atleast end up with a legitimate head coach. If they don’t give him a real chance, guess they’ll have to go with a Derek Dooley type coach next.

If they fire him before 4 years, barring scandal, their next coaching search will make this most recent one look easy.

Even though it was highly embarrassing for them, they did atleast end up with a legitimate head coach. If they don’t give him a real chance, guess they’ll have to go with a Derek Dooley type coach next.
If Tee Martin is still active and well thought of, their next coaching search will take about 15 minutes.

You almost get the feeling that it is going to have to be Pruitt....or their glory years may be well too far removed to have an impact. I'm beginning to believe that Fulmer realized that also, which is why the search this year ended up such a cluster......

If Tee Martin is still active and well thought of, their next coaching search will take about 15 minutes.
Thought there was some personal reason Martin wouldn't return to Knoxville? Wasn't something along those lines mentioned during their past coaching search?

Wonder if he's any kin to the Pruitt who's in charge of the EPA. They seem similar somehow.

Thought there was some personal reason Martin wouldn't return to Knoxville? Wasn't something along those lines mentioned during their past coaching search?

In December he said, it was HC or bust

"Former Tennessee quarterback Tee Martin was not interested in returning to Knoxville as the Vols offensive coordinator and was only interested in leading the program as its head coach, the Southern Cal assistant coach said this week."

Everything I read indicated that he was interested in the job. The buffoon they had running the AD job snubbed him and that slight evidently produced some disaffection.

Meanwhile a dorky real estate salesman up the road is still reeling them in. Selling another top QB that they have 5 balls in tatertown.
I hate UT also. But why couldn’t this stuff be happening in Clemsin instead?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT