ADVERTISEMENT

Rodricus Fitten Observations

woodrow#

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2002
I generally do not start a thread; however, I felt compelled to make several observations:

First, defensively the Buck position may be the most critical component of our defense. It is imperative to have an outstanding athlete with a variety of skills- most importantly explosive quickness and speed.

Second, the position typically isolates our most athletic player on the left tackle to create multiple mismatches for the defense against the offense. When I look at a player’s videos, I not only look for the explosive speed and power, but also hip flexibility. This can best be described as the ability to drop your hips and recover back into football position. This is a common movement that wrestlers utilize in single and or double leg takedowns. Two players who best demonstrate this ability are J. Clowney and V. Miller, think of it as the ability to scrape across the tackle’s face or outside shoulder while engaging a rip move with the inside shoulder.

Third, all of our D-line commits demonstrate this ability to varying degrees. But, after watching Fitten’s video again, he is currently the most advanced- especially when he scrapes across the tackles face.

Finally, I know we are all excited about the new D-line commits, but remember Fitten could be a Star!

Fitten is pretty dang explosive from what I’ve seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT