ADVERTISEMENT

Rome is burning. The sky is falling. Spurrier is done. And through the first two games

Mr CockStrong

Jan 2, 2009
The defense hasn't given up a single point in the 2nd half. I'm amazed -- don't think I've ever seen that in 40 years of watching Gamecock Football.

There is always something positive to build on.

Reactions: rutledge84
Bottomline is we lost to the 9th or 10th toughest game on our schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: shorecock
The sky is not falling. It fell. We played 2 **** teams and are 1-1 because we are just as ****** as they are. We're an even match for Lousiana-Lafayette. That is how bad we are. The first two games were a test to see if we got any better, and the answer is "HELL NO" we got even worse somehow... again.

Last edited:
The sky is not falling. It fell. We played 2 **** teams and are 1-1 because we are just as ****** as they are. We're an even match for Lousiana-Lafayette. That is how bad we are. The first two games were a test to see if we got any better, and the answer is "HELL NO" we got even worse somehow... again.

Vs UNC
Mitch 9-22-122
Orth 2-2-24
Vs UK
Mitch 4-7-43
Orth 13-20-179

Do these stats tell you anything?

Sounds like people need to get a new hobby. All this crap is not going to help recruiting. The State, Finebaum and other media outlets want you to think they are resonable, but they do not like spurrier.

For any one not to believe that has just as much of their head in the sand as the sunshine pumpers do.

This season is not over. Wonder if someone at Alabama wrote a similar "Rome is burning" when we beat them.'especially after a team with the likes of Lattimore, Garcia, Jeffery and Co. Lost to... What was that team ... Oh yeah Kentucky the following week.

Rixon seems pretty happy with him self, maybe he will get a job at The State. They love that kind of writing. Sad our own local paper is so anti-gamecock. Things may not be great but it sounds like most want it to be this way.

Luckily for Rixon, lander baseball is not too far away. Bet he won't write an article about their fall from grace in a span of one off season.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
So ooh Swamp, I am assuming you were ok with last season? You said 1 offseason. Only 2 games in for this one, but we should have beat Ky.

The off season I was referring to is lander baseball last season fall from grace. Try reading the post before responding.

He covers lander baseball and they fell pretty hard last year and will suck this year but I am pretty confident in saying he will not write a similar article for lander baseball as he did for us.

I am happy with the loss... No

Is there 10 games left in this season... Yes

Is there a chance to do better and progress... YES

No one can sit here right now and accurately predict the rest of this season. That goes for pumpers to pessimist.

The defense hasn't given up a single point in the 2nd half. I'm amazed -- don't think I've ever seen that in 40 years of watching Gamecock Football.

I agree, I am a trend kind of guy. I see the defense coming together very soon. Matter of fact they had a taste of what they can do against UK in the second half. Should be a good game Saturday.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
Bottomline is we lost to the 9th or 10th toughest game on our schedule.
Yes, that's the bottom line. There's no arguing that point, but my post is not about the bottom line.

If you believe there's nothing more to the discussion other than the bottom line, then why do you post? Why do you continue to follow the team for that matter?

Sounds like people need to get a new hobby. All this crap is not going to help recruiting. The State, Finebaum and other media outlets want you to think they are resonable, but they do not like spurrier.

For any one not to believe that has just as much of their head in the sand as the sunshine pumpers do.

This season is not over. Wonder if someone at Alabama wrote a similar "Rome is burning" when we beat them.'especially after a team with the likes of Lattimore, Garcia, Jeffery and Co. Lost to... What was that team ... Oh yeah Kentucky the following week.

Rixon seems pretty happy with him self, maybe he will get a job at The State. They love that kind of writing. Sad our own local paper is so anti-gamecock. Things may not be great but it sounds like most want it to be this way.

Luckily for Rixon, lander baseball is not too far away. Bet he won't write an article about their fall from grace in a span of one off season.

I will say this about the young Mr. Lane, he has caught on very quickly in the area of capturing readers with hot button headlines. Unfortunately, it's not new and not welcome, IMHO.

Anyway, I didn't waste any time clicking on the link to his story. I had enough when I read his weak retort to fans about him needing to be neutral or impartial in his writing because he's a member of the media. Really? Neutral, while writing for Gamecock Cereal?

Anyway, I'm glad he cleared that up for me earlier this year. I haven't read anything he's written since that time, and I'll never read anything else he writes, other than the headlines that pop up here.

Reactions: SwampFox99
I will say this about the young Mr. Lane, he has caught on very quickly in the area of capturing readers with hot button headlines. Unfortunately, it's not new and not welcome, IMHO.

Anyway, I didn't waste any time clicking on the link to his story. I had enough when I read his weak retort to fans about him needing to be neutral or impartial in his writing because he's a member of the media. Really? Neutral, while writing for Gamecock Cereal?

Anyway, I'm glad he cleared that up for me earlier this year. I haven't read anything he's written since that time, and I'll never read anything else he writes, other than the headlines that pop up here.

Sorry, I didn't see what Lane wrote. Haven't read anything he wrote since about 2 months after Gamecock Cereal came out. Not really a lot there to read.
But if he has to be neutral and impartial why is his content posted on the board to try to bring attention to it? It's on the banner at the top and people here know that..

That tells you something right there.

Sorry, I didn't see what Lane wrote. Haven't read anything he wrote since about 2 months after Gamecock Cereal came out. Not really a lot there to read.
But if he has to be neutral and impartial why is his content posted on the board to try to bring attention to it? It's on the banner at the top and people here know that..

That tells you something right there.

Yes, it certainly does.

The article to which I'm referring was written by him and published in Gamecock Cereal earlier this year. It included a lot of babble in which he defended his criticism of the team in the clemPson game -- this while he was writing for Gamecock Central. To a large degree, I thought he was trying to defend an indefensible position, which I believe led to him making the claim of 'I'm a member of the media ... so I have to be neutral'. BS

Like I said, I'm glad he cleared that up for me. I quit reading The State many years ago for the same bull crap they espoused. I'll bypass anything written by Rixon Lane and spend my time on more enjoyable endeavors.

That was a little more than a two game overview.....I concur that we are not right and it's getting worse. We need more than a two good half defense after a two half bad defense without an offense that can make up the difference. I am dumbfounded by the lack of worry that some fans show. I would love to see Spurrier right the ship...sell out to recruiting and doing it hard....get some decent coaches who can coach and relate to the high school kids.....I don't see any of that happening.....it will take years to do it and Spurrier hasn't got years left in him at this rate.....not gonna happen. We are going to have to ride this out and it ain't gonna be pretty.

That was a little more than a two game overview.....I concur that we are not right and it's getting worse. We need more than a two good half defense after a two half bad defense without an offense that can make up the difference. I am dumbfounded by the lack of worry that some fans show. I would love to see Spurrier right the ship...sell out to recruiting and doing it hard....get some decent coaches who can coach and relate to the high school kids.....I don't see any of that happening.....it will take years to do it and Spurrier hasn't got years left in him at this rate.....not gonna happen. We are going to have to ride this out and it ain't gonna be pretty.

Sorry your glass that's half empty has sprung a leak.

I believe Spurrier can and WILL right the ship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT