ADVERTISEMENT

Rome Is Burning

The fox has kicked your a$$ five out of the last six times. Have you enjoyed that ride?

Humm... well written piece. First read, I was thinking "damn, he's right"......but I have thought about it whilst enjoying my seven & seven, and I am not sure I am seeing as much doom and gloom as your article projects. I think we are in a "rebuilding stage" and will concede that we obviously haven't been able to sustain the 11 win season years of quality football (duh)....but, I think we have talent and more coming (ie Mcilwain). Also, this years team is a work in progress- I think we will get better as the season unfolds. I think by the time we go to Missouri or come home to face LSU, we will be playing pretty darn good, solid football (or foosball as the Waterboy's mom would call it). But, good article- just not sure we are as doomed as you think. Go cocks- Steve
Talent??? We have none.... It will take four years at least to get back to competing again.

Rixon is 100% Gamecock, and an alum. He is not trying to hurt the program.
Alum...........O, we're supposed to take your word. Okay, let's say he is...........I know not 1, not 2, but 3 people personally that graduated from SC, but are die hard tater fans. They grew up taters, then went to SC to "get away from home." They tell me point blank they hate SC. So I've asked them, if you are so anti Gamecock, why the hell did you ever go there? They have no answer. That might be Rixon?????

O yeah, board rule, new poster dogging the G'cocks and vouching for another new poster who is doing the same smells or closet tater. This is not a guess on my part, simple board fact derived from years of data.

The Chubb situation is kind of the perfect example of how things are different with Spurrier. You see there isn't 1 other coach in the country that wouldn't have changed their plans for Chubb, or at least communicated with him and set up a time that was more amicable.

It's not that Spurrier is wrong in the way he handles those situations, it's that the kids these days get coddled and almost all of the other coaches stroke them the way they are used to being stroked. It makes a big big difference to recruits these days.

How many times have you seen a recruit go to Clemson that was a strong lean, or committed, to another program and have them flip their commitment? It doesn't happen every time, but it happens enough to take a chance on bringing them in and showing them attention (at least for a day).

Again I see your point, BUT the landscape of recruiting has taken on a whole new picture and Spurrier needs to adjust his mindset, at least to some degree.

You might want to check your facts............Chubb was a last minute visit decided by Chubb himself. But I'm sure Saban would have cancelled his flight and stayed home. Right. How do you know Spurrier didn't try to get him to come at another time and Chubb couldn't. BTW, it's not like Chubb was Marcus Lattimore coming out of high school. He was a nice RB prospect. Now that he's blossomed, everyone is saying "we should have got him." Arm chair QB's are national champs in internet world.

You might want to check your facts............Chubb was a last minute visit decided by Chubb himself. But I'm sure Saban would have cancelled his flight and stayed home. Right. How do you know Spurrier didn't try to get him to come at another time and Chubb couldn't. BTW, it's not like Chubb was Marcus Lattimore coming out of high school. He was a nice RB prospect. Now that he's blossomed, everyone is saying "we should have got him." Arm chair QB's are national champs in internet world.
Hey my point is other coaches kiss these kids ass! My God there is very little 10000% fact on here.

I'm not an armchair qb, but I'm not f%#\!×& blind either!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT