ADVERTISEMENT

Roper couldn't even get hired at Rice? Oh wow he's got to go!

Wonder if that's what people were saying about Taggart two years ago about not being hired at 3-9 South Carolina? Things to think about

We passed on Taggart? That's news to me, and Rice is a group of five school in the C-USA, South Carolina is a Power five school in the SEC BIG difference.
Didn't even interview him as far as anyone knows. But if we did....obviously yes, we passed on him. I guess you could say we did either way.

Yes....assuming you would actually believe we had a snowball's chance in hell with either.

Don't know to you try, who would have believed Holtz and SOS would have coached here. I remember Larry Phipps saying we needed Spurrier to coach here if we were ever going to be relevant , this was while he was at UF and before he won his National Championship, while I loved the idea, I never thought that would happen. I dont believe Phipps did either.

To be honest, Rice made a very smart move choosing the Stanford assistant. As soon as I heard the competition Roper was going up against I knew he wasn't going to get the job. Those David Shaw assistants are some smart coaches.

Reactions: Gradstudent
Don't know to you try, who would have believed Holtz and SOS would have coached here. I remember Larry Phipps saying we needed Spurrier to coach here if we were ever going to be relevant , this was while he was at UF and before he won his National Championship, while I loved the idea, I never thought that would happen. I dont believe Phipps did either.
Situations with both played out in our favor. Still wouldn't have had Spurrier if the UF AD hadn't been such a jerk to him when he tried to go back. We were fortunate in both circumstances,...had a lot of bounces go our way.

To be honest, Rice made a very smart move choosing the Stanford assistant. As soon as I heard the competition Roper was going up against I knew he wasn't going to get the job. Those David Shaw assistants are some smart coaches.
If you noticed, they only looked at coaches who coached at schools that are on par with Rice academically.

If you noticed, they only looked at coaches who coached at schools that are on par with Rice academically.
Plus compare Stanfords recruiting to other schools. They've put some really good players in the pros and getting kids like Love to come all the way across the country. Roper had one QB drafted who's no longer in the NFL while Stanford has had Heisman favorites the past few years. I'd have picked the Stanford guy too if I was Rice. No brainer.

That's beyond pathetic, can't even get hired at 1-11 Rice. Just can him and be done with it already.
You are not a very smart guy. They didn't hire TRob or any of our assistant coaches either. Does that mean we should fire them all. Come to think of it, no school has hired our assistant coaches for their head coaching position this year. They all must stink.

Reactions: Cyclone94
I've been telling y'all for a week the man is going to be here next year. It sucks but you may as well accept it.

Didn't even interview him as far as anyone knows. But if we did....obviously yes, we passed on him. I guess you could say we did either way.

Actually they were going to interview him, but their crack social media team has been stalking our board for months now. After reading our reviews on Roper, they decided to pass. We convinced them not to hire him.

Actually they were going to interview him, but their crack social media team has been stalking our board for months now. After reading our reviews on Roper, they decided to pass. We convinced them not to hire him.
Yeah, I've already noted that we shot ourselves in the foot. The fans pulled a:

cd51e3b9c6d7b1103ca6f893e8747370--don-knotts-barney-fife.jpg

Reactions: adversary2
Ray wasn’t AD then

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT