ADVERTISEMENT

Rough news from Taterville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry. Everything will be fine. According to a tater on the Insider Forum, Hyatt was already pushing Battle for playing time. So, as usual, everything in taterville is all sunshine and roses. It's just amazing how their 2nd & 3rd string, and waterboys are always better than their starters. AFTER their starters leave of course.

wonder if it has anything to do with the VERY recently reported news of Battle's traffic stop?? And, I'm betting he falls a bit in the supplemental draft because of it..... Now, the question is, why did it take 2 weeks for the news of that arrest to come out????

Don't worry. Everything will be fine. According to a tater on the Insider Forum, Hyatt was already pushing Battle for playing time. So, as usual, everything in taterville is all sunshine and roses. It's just amazing how their 2nd & 3rd string, and waterboys are always better than their starters. AFTER their starters leave of course.

Luckily, Watson, the messiah, don't need no defense, special teams or OL....

I thought Mitch Hyatt was like 265 lbs. Did something change since he arrived in January?

Hyatt is listed at 274 right now so I could see him at close to 280 by the start of the season(Battle is 290). I dont see Hyatt moving into the starting LT spot though. I would thing they move the senior Gore over to LT and move Hyatt in at RT. With Guillermo back I could see him taking his center spot back and moving Norton to guard and Crowder or Maclain moving to the tackle spot.

wonder if it has anything to do with the VERY recently reported news of Battle's traffic stop?? And, I'm betting he falls a bit in the supplemental draft because of it..... Now, the question is, why did it take 2 weeks for the news of that arrest to come out????
Yes it had everthing to do with that. That kid just could never stay out of trouble

Hyatt one of top three in the USA

Can't wait for some of my Clemson friends to tell me that Battle was only playing because Dabo was loyal to him and the 2nd string guy is really better and will be one of the best in the nation this season!

Reactions: FORKCOCK
I thought Mitch Hyatt was like 265 lbs. Did something change since he arrived in January?

Yes. He has been in a college weightlifting and nutrition program for almost 7 months. He has almost certainly gained 20-25 lbs.

Not saying we are going to be better with Hyatt because we aren't. But getting this headcase out of the locker room and getting our LT of the future early reps will only help in the next 2-3 years.

Hyatt one of top three in the USA

As a point of reference, the top 3 OT's from the 2014 class were Cam Robinson, Damian Prince, and Quenton Nelson. (all rivals 5 stars, hyatt was only a 4) The latter two went to UMD and ND and both redshirted. Cam Robinson went to Bama and started.

Point being, under normal conditions you may get lucky and get some serviceable snaps out of Hyatt, but the odds are he's not going to be very good this year, and certainly not in the same ballpark as Battle who was being discussed as top 10 at his position for the NFL draft.

Your OL was suspect and just got a lot more so.

According to the ESPN article...

"Battle has been in trouble in the past at Clemson, serving a suspension in 2013 after punching a player, and another last season for disciplinary reasons. According to The Clemson Insider...

... Battle was pulled over for speeding in early June and caught with marijuana. Police cited him for both, but did not charge or arrest him."

I'm not a lawyer, but how does one get a citation for marijuana possession?
http://espn.go.com/college-football...e-clemson-tigers-enter-nfl-supplemental-draft
http://espn.go.com/college-football...e-clemson-tigers-enter-nfl-supplemental-draft

Comparing the Clemson press release from this morning to the story the national media circulated this afternoon made Dabo look like a fool again.

The Soap Opera and cover ups have been very entertaining the last few days. With all the cocaine and weed being passed around by their players this off-season, they might get their ass beat by App State in September.

Better worry about Wofford before they even think about App State. Georgia Tech gives Clemson fits every year and Wofford is pretty similar to GT.

Comparing the Clemson press release from this morning to the story the national media circulated this afternoon made Dabo look like a fool again.

The Soap Opera and cover ups have been very entertaining the last few days. With all the cocaine and weed being passed around by their players this off-season, they might get their ass beat by App State in September.

It also shows that their drug testing program is an absolute scam.

Dismissed for marijuana possession but the kicker still has a spot on the roster after a cocaine possession bust.

Supposedly Battle was in trouble with coaches many, many times before academically, not showing up for workouts etc and was on thin ice already.

I think with Battle it is more of a 3 strikes and your out kind of a thing. I am not sure they were all drug related, but that would show that it was out of Dabo's hands. This was a school policy infraction. Dabo and Battle just tried to smooth it over as if Battle was just having to look out for his family. Just trying to keep the everything is all good up here persona. It does make you wonder about the drug testing up there or lack thereof drug testing.

Wow. Climpson police stopped him, charged him with multiple infractions but did not take him to jail.

Since the Tiger Wofford game was mentioned, got a feeling it will go down to the wire.

Clemson fan on radio this morning said Battle was on his "5th chance"

Wait that can't be true. I thought they say only Spurrier did that sort of thing. He knew OT is an important position and that had a lot to do with all the chances.

Can't wait for some of my Clemson friends to tell me that Battle was only playing because Dabo was loyal to him and the 2nd string guy is really better and will be one of the best in the nation this season!
That is true, backup Frosh is better!

Ain't that the truth. If one of our players spits on the sidewalk, there is an article in The State plus pictures before the spit hits the ground. SMH

To be fair to these players, have any of you been in Clemson during the summer? There's nothing to do. It's no surprise they're boozing, hoovering blow and smoking weed. There's only so much watching dabo perform miracles before you must go nuts.

To be fair to these players, have any of you been in Clemson during the summer? There's nothing to do. It's no surprise they're boozing, hoovering blow and smoking weed. There's only so much watching dabo perform miracles before you must go nuts.[/QU

It ain't just summer...it is all year except for about 5 football weekends a year.

Hades you have to drive 13 miles to see a movie.

That is true, backup Frosh is better!
I have a tater friend like that. Told me Beasley was statistically better than Clowney. So I said, well, he's gone, right. He told me there was another just as good behind him. I said "So you're telling me Clemson has two guys better than Clowney and one isn't even a starter? Gotcha..."

Reactions: Mr Peter North
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT