ADVERTISEMENT

Rubber meets the road now....Muschamp is now on the clock

Muschamp already stated that Roper will be calling the plays for the bowl game. He's not making a change until after. Probably after signing day.
There’ll be no point in change by then. Stanford and Mizzou entered market today. aTm, FSU, Arky, UT, UF, UCF, will be looking now too.
If we don’t lock up a guy NOW...we should not worry abt it.

There’ll be no point in change by then. Stanford and Mizzou entered market today. aTm, FSU, Arky, UT, UF, UCF, will be looking now too.
If we don’t lock up a guy NOW...we should not worry abt it.
Not to mention the benefits of having the new guy working with the offense for the extra practice we get for the bowl. It would have to help get us off to a faster start next year if the players have 3 extra weeks with him now. I see no benefit to delaying this change if it is indeed going to happen.

All of these h.c. ckanges means lotta of assistant coach changes as well. Muschamp should throw Ropers name in the hat for every opening in the country and if that fails to get him out of Columbia, theres always Craigs list. I can imagine sum awesome Craigs list ads for Roper

Muschamp already stated that Roper will be calling the plays for the bowl game. He's not making a change until after. Probably after signing day.

Assuming Muschamp intends to make a change at OC, I can't come up with a logical reason that supports your opinion. What reason is there to let the guy continue to coach and call plays and have better OC's take job openings if your ultimate intention is to fire the OC?

Reactions: Poultry King
Assuming Muschamp intends to make a change at OC, I can't come up with a logical reason that supports your opinion. What reason is there to let the guy continue to coach and call plays and have better OC's take job openings if your ultimate intention is to fire the OC?

Recruiting. We'd risk losing guys.

Well Rice aint waiting, so if Roper is their choice, it will be announced before the bowl game and the bowl game or signing day is irrelevant.
..and Roper, if hired by Rice, wont be calling plays in the bowl game, regardless of what Muschamp said at press conference

I don't even want to say I told you so. I really, really wanted to be wrong. You can see Muschamp buck up a little when someone suggests Roper might be gone... he's all in on this crazy train.

Reactions: drawplay000
great!!! ... and now i can go back to hearing all the bitching about Roper as the OC
Nah, I'm just going to sit back and laugh at all the posts about "why aren't we selling our bowl tickets? Come on USC fans be loyal! The university will die if we don't buy these tickets!".

The powers that be seem to thing the morale is high within the fan base. More wrong they could not be.

Reactions: drawplay000
Nah, I'm just going to sit back and laugh at all the posts about "why aren't we selling our bowl tickets? Come on USC fans be loyal! The university will die if we don't buy these tickets!".

The powers that be seem to thing the morale is high within the fan base. More wrong they could not be.

Alrightt!!! you said, you wouldnt be bitching about Roper, going to hold you to that.

Reactions: 01fatboy
All those fictional bowl and season ticket renewals that won't purchased. Such a shame.

All those fictional bowl and season ticket renewals that won't purchased. Such a shame.
I never heard how many season tickets were sold this year but I know for a fact that Clemson tickets didn't sell out. There were tons in the west lower still for sale even when they went on sale to the public. I never had seen that before.

He’s not going any where . Muschamp doesn’t have the balls to fire him . He will be our OC next year like it or not .

hmmmmm ... pretty sure his BALLS weigh far more than yours, and the lack of knowledge you unfortunately display with this post.
Better for someone to think YOU don't have a clue, than for you to validate it ... :)

Gooooo BallLess .... ( oops ) I meant (((( COCKS ))))

Reactions: Lakecock1
I never heard how many season tickets were sold this year but I know for a fact that Clemson tickets didn't sell out. There were tons in the west lower still for sale even when they went on sale to the public. I never had seen that before.

Outside of the playoffs and the selection committee bowl games, I'm surprised the attendance is as high as it is at these exhibition games,aka as bowl games

hmmmmm ... pretty sure his BALLS weigh far more than yours, and the lack of knowledge you unfortunately display with this post.
Better for someone to think YOU don't have a clue, than for you to validate it ... :)

Gooooo BallLess .... ( oops ) I meant (((( COCKS ))))
Terrible expression. Enlarged testicles is usually a sign of a medical condition. Please consult a urologist.

If Muschamp would just have the guts to allow Roper to open up the offense, like he did in the 3rd quarter of last year's bowl game (when he had no choice), that would help a lot. If Muschamp would follow through with his introductory press conference promise to have an Auburn-like offense, that would help, too.

Not to mention the benefits of having the new guy working with the offense for the extra practice we get for the bowl. It would have to help get us off to a faster start next year if the players have 3 extra weeks with him now. I see no benefit to delaying this change if it is indeed going to happen.
A new OC is not going to install a new offense during bowl practice and he would know little about the offense we run. No way for the OC or the players to learn new signs, etc... before the game. Even if Roper left prior to the bowl, my guess would be that McClendon would call the plays.

A new OC is not going to install a new offense during bowl practice and he would know little about the offense we run. No way for the OC or the players to learn new signs, etc... before the game. Even if Roper left prior to the bowl, my guess would be that McClendon would call the plays.
Irrelevant.
It’s not abt the OC installing anything pre Bowl. ITS ABOUT GETTING A GOOD ONE BEFORE THEY ARE ALL HIRED ELSEWHERE.
We are stuck. And always really were.

Irrelevant.
It’s not abt the OC installing anything pre Bowl. ITS ABOUT GETTING A GOOD ONE BEFORE THEY ARE ALL HIRED ELSEWHERE.
We are stuck. And always really were.
It's not hard to make the assumption that if Muschamp knows Roper isn't going to be the OC next year, he already has his candidate lined up and have discussed things with him, even if through back channels. He's not new to this rodeo. Now, it may not be the one you think he should hire, but that is irrelevant.

If Roper is calling the plays against Michigan's defense we are in trouble, on the other hand they have an awful offense. It's gonna be interesting.

The powers that be seem to think the morale is high within the fan base. More wrong they could not be.

He couldn't have said it better.

movie-ideas-yoda-56d49d375f9b5879cc90f76d.jpg

He’s not going any where . Muschamp doesn’t have the balls to fire him . He will be our OC next year like it or not .

We are buddy system U. We are satisfied winning 8 games and never playing for the sec champ.

We are buddy system U. We are satisfied winning 8 games and never playing for the sec champ.

SC hired 16 years of hall of fame coaches and that will get them in the sec championship game once
dont have much to lose with muschamp

Last edited:
If Muschamp would just have the guts to allow Roper to open up the offense, like he did in the 3rd quarter of last year's bowl game (when he had no choice), that would help a lot. If Muschamp would follow through with his introductory press conference promise to have an Auburn-like offense, that would help, too.

Here we go with "open up the offense". USF was 120th in the nation in total defense last year, thus our offense was very effective. Our offense was pretty open against Clemson when Bentley threw the ball from his own end zone in a 0-0 game. How did that work out?

Reactions: bosoxcock
Here we go with "open up the offense". USF was 120th in the nation in total defense last year, thus our offense was very effective. Our offense was pretty open against Clemson when Bentley threw the ball from his own end zone in a 0-0 game. How did that work out?
LOL! Could not have been said better. Good job!

SC hired 16 years of hall of fame coaches and that will get them in the sec championship game once
dont have much to lose with muschamp
Thats true...you cant lose much worse than 90-17 the last 2 years..and that 17 was in garbage time...impressive. lol

Thats true...you cant lose much worse than 90-17 the last 2 years..and that 17 was in garbage time...impressive. lol

90 points...yea, i know , lets fire the DC, the linebackers coach, damn the whole defensive unit

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT