ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor- Tanner

I know nothing about what Brad Edwards has done career-wise, but when I hear his name mentioned in this capacity, I can’t help but think of all of the people who automatically think that because a person played a sport here, they will make a great {insert corresponding sport here} coach. But admittedly, I’m almost to the point where I just want something to change.

I agree with you, and King Dixon and Ray Tanner (didn't play, but successfully coached) fit that mode, but Brad Edwards was an assistant AD here under Hyman (probably the best AD we've had) and then was an AD at Newberry and now George Mason, so he has good experience, a Gamecock pedigree and a pro sports pedigree. I think he should be on the short list.

Reactions: 92Pony and howard13
We need to have a serious search for the most qualified AD we can find. This isn’t old school college athletics anymore....we’re tossing someone the keys to a 100 million dollar a year operation.

I agree, but also will caution; our problems go much deeper than replacing the AD and football coaches.

Need to pick out potential head coach and then go get his AD. This is all about football. Other sports seem to be okay, assuming we improve in both basketball and baseball this year.

He was winning Conference Championships playing in BCS games when Radakovich took over. Only a Dumbass would've fired him.
He was winning Conference Championships playing in BCS games when Radakovich took over. Only a Dumbass would've fired him.

The question was; why would he fire him with double digit wins. I was just giving one possible reason that one might fire him. Clemson fired Red Parker for the same reason. Personally, I would agree with you. I would not fire him either. He was going to the Orange Bowl every year and winning the Southern Conference, excuse me, The ACC.

Y’all realize Tanner has a contract till 2024!

LOL? Yeah, right, the same guy who wrote the by-out terms in Muschamp's contact wrote the terms of Tanner's contract . . . . Tanner.

Man, the USC AD is truly a wonder - no reportsbility, no accountability, no outside operations auditing . . . . Hell's bells. It's a miracle we can even put together o home football game!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT