ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors swirling....

Many will hate the comparison but I remember reading that the day before the National Championship game Staley basically had the team doing yoga while Schaffer had a very physical practice. We know how that turned out. Not suggesting the football team does yoga but meat grinder practices are questionable.
Spurrier never had extreme physical practices. He did all he could to avoid injuries during practice. That always hurt us in the first game (not necessarily enough to make us lose though). I remember it being a concern, but couldn't argue with his results.

Bentley at RB coach needs to changed the man can never decide who his best RB is if he'd call me I could tell him.
I don't think the problem is rotating running backs and keeping them fresh. I think the problem is not having several top running backs. Clemson, Georgia, and Alabama have several top running backs and rotate them quite a bit; we really don't have one quality back much less 3 or 4 top backs like Clemson, Georgia, and Alabama; we need to convince some top backs to come to USC. A quality back would also probably take some pressure off the QB.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
you're an idiot! During the Belk Bowl we played 6 true freshmen on defense! It's a tribute UVa didn't hang 40-50 on us. But that doesn't excuse the offense laying a loser goose egg! We all knew we would need 35-40 to win. We just didn't have anybody on defense left.
In the spirit of the season, I'm going to forgive you for the name calling. We should have been able to put 30 on Virginia. You know it and I know it. This was an epic failure to launch. Let's just stop with the excuses. It's demeaning to all involved.

In the spirit of the season, I'm going to forgive you for the name calling. We should have been able to put 30 on Virginia. You know it and I know it. This was an epic failure to launch. Let's just stop with the excuses. It's demeaning to all involved.

Nothing but luv fer ya brudda. Don't go all snowflake on me. I zing you on occasion because I like talking sports with you. King you are too tough a knot to be annoyed by a zinger.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Nothing but luv fer ya brudda. Don't go all snowflake on me. I zing you on occasion because I like talking sports with you. King you are too tough a knot to be annoyed by a zinger.
I'm not damaged. I just don't do name-calling myself is all. I hope you have a great new year and I look forward to more give-and take. I also hope that the overall mood in Gamecock Nation will be better this time next year.

Nothing will change until Williams Brice is as empty as the colonial life arena

That will change things for the worse. I don't know what folks expect. Muschamp inherited a dumpster fire. He was 9-4 in year two with a bowl win over Michigan. This year was a huge disappointment. But talking about firing the guy and the AD is just stupid. You have to give coaches 5 years unless it's a disaster. Some Gamecock fans are projecting their frustration with Clemons success with bloodthirsty demands to fire everyone at USC. I got news for you. Early firings won't get us closer to our hated rivals. We must see this thru. Muschamp and Tanner can get this done. If Coach Boom can make few changes, this thing can ride quickly!

Last edited:
That will change things for the worse. I don't know what folks expect. Muschamp inherited a dumpster fire. He was 9-4 in year two with a bowl win over Michigan. This year was a huge disappointment. But talking about firing the guy and the AD is just stupid. You have to give coaches give 5 years unless it's a disaster. Some Gamecock fans are projecting their frustration with Clemons success with bloodthirsty demands to fire everyone at USC. I got news for you. Early firings won't get us closer to our hated rivals. We must see this thru. Muschamp and Tanner can get this done. If Coach Boom can make few changes, this thing can ride quickly!
Nah, we've gotta stick with the head coach for two more years. But staff changes shouldn't be out-of-bounds. Staff changes got UPC where they are.

I'm not damaged. I just don't do name-calling myself is all. I hope you have a great new year and I look forward to more give-and take. I also hope that the overall mood in Gamecock Nation will be better this time next year.

"Idiot" is not name calling! It's just the way guys talk over a cyber beer. The next round is on me. Notice I never said anything nasty about your dog? Happy New Year!

Nah, we've gotta stick with the head coach for two more years. But staff changes shouldn't be out-of-bounds. Staff changes got UPC where they are.

Exactly! The former tater AD refused to let Dabo fail. They were ahead of us on paying top dollar for great assistants. If our AD and BOD is guilty of anything it's penny pinching in the worst situation.

Reactions: cockgun
Since rumors are swirling. Here is one. SARCASTIC. Greg Byrne is sick of winning at Bama and has decided to resign. Ozzie Newsome, who will step down as Ravens GM at the conclusion of the Ravens season will go home to Bama as the new AD.

Byrne wanting a challenge is rumored to be a candidate new AD at SC should Ray Tanner retire.

That will change things for the worse. I don't know what folks expect. Muschamp inherited a dumpster fire. He was 9-4 in year two with a bowl win over Michigan. This year was a huge disappointment. But talking about firing the guy and the AD is just stupid. You have to give coaches 5 years unless it's a disaster. Some Gamecock fans are projecting their frustration with Clemons success with bloodthirsty demands to fire everyone at USC. I got news for you. Early firings won't get us closer to our hated rivals. We must see this thru. Muschamp and Tanner can get this done. If Coach Boom can make few changes, this thing can ride quickly!
Sparky brad Scott and Darin horn say hi

Stop referencing the Michigan game that team was BAD and lost to every team they played with a pulse. It would be like bragging that you beat Miami this year. We are In serious trouble. If you can’t see that you couldn’t see chit going down hill before spurrier walked.

I don't think the problem is rotating running backs and keeping them fresh. I think the problem is not having several top running backs. Clemson, Georgia, and Alabama have several top running backs and rotate them quite a bit; we really don't have one quality back much less 3 or 4 top backs like Clemson, Georgia, and Alabama; we need to convince some top backs to come to USC. A quality back would also probably take some pressure off the QB.
We need RB who tap out after every 8 yd run too.

Reactions: luvmygamecocks
It's not time to fire Muschamp or Tanner. Give the man 5-6 years. If you take the trigger happy approach the next hire becomes more challenging. Coaches want security and support. Look at what happened to Florida and Tenn by quick firings.

I agree Muschamp needs to shake up his staff. Dillmon must be replaced and our in season practices must be less physical. Losing 2-3 starters per week is outrageous. It's not incidenta!. It's Muschamp history.
I agree with that on Muschamp but Tanner needs to be shown the door. Give Champ his five , man he inherited a running over toilet for a football program and it's taking awhile to get this mess cleaned up. Is he making some mistakes? Hell yes he is but I hope he is learning from them. If not he will be gone before long too. Tanner oh well he is Tanner!

Have yall been living under rocks? Lance sent texts to Pruitt wanting to join his staff. Pruitt then showed those texts to recruits. Muschamp allowing him back this year was asinine.

Have yall been living under rocks? Lance sent texts to Pruitt wanting to join his staff. Pruitt then showed those texts to recruits. Muschamp allowing him back this year was asinine.
If that's the way it went down, the head coach screwed up. Did/does Thompson have a multi-year contact? Maybe Tanner didn't want to pay it off.

If that's the way it went down, the head coach screwed up. Did/does Thompson have a multi-year contact? Maybe Tanner didn't want to pay it off.
He had one year left. If we did it to save money then we are forever screwed. His buyout couldnt have been that much.

Theres at least 2 on your list that are being showed the door. One of them was a traitor and should have never been on our sideline this year. Hes why we lost so many recruits to TN. Muschamp is loyal to a freaking fault.

I was going to ask who the traitor was but I see in one of your post above

Why do y'all blame Ray Tanner?
First...he won two national championships as our baseball coach. He should always be honored and cherished to be a part of Gamecock Nation. But what has he done wrong as an athletic director? When things go wrong, there's a crowd around here that just dumps on everything and everybody. It's ridiculous. Many of you need to consider turning in your bandwagon jumping Gamecock cards.

Under Coach Tanner's administration, facilities are improving and donations to the program have multiplied twenty fold. There was a committee on which some former football players were a part of that decided on the Muschamp hire. We were limited with our options there. Verdict is still out on Coach Muschamp...but he was the best that was interested in coming to South Carolina at the time. Chad Holbrook earned a shot at it. It didn't work and a change was made.

Look y'all...there's not a long line of coaches who want to come to South Carolina. Believe some of y'all are out of touch with reality in that regard. And leave Ray Tanner alone. He is a good athletic director despite what some of y'all cry about.

Reactions: rogue cock
First...he won two national championships as our baseball coach. He should always be honored and cherished to be a part of Gamecock Nation. But what has he done wrong as an athletic director? When things go wrong, there's a crowd around here that just dumps on everything and everybody. It's ridiculous. Many of you need to consider turning in your bandwagon jumping Gamecock cards.

Under Coach Tanner's administration, facilities are improving and donations to the program have multiplied twenty fold. There was a committee on which some former football players were a part of that decided on the Muschamp hire. We were limited with our options there. Verdict is still out on Coach Muschamp...but he was the best that was interested in coming to South Carolina at the time. Chad Holbrook earned a shot at it. It didn't work and a change was made.

Look y'all...there's not a long line of coaches who want to come to South Carolina. Believe some of y'all are out of touch with reality in that regard. And leave Ray Tanner alone. He is a good athletic director despite what some of y'all cry about.

Got to have someone to point a finger at. It's part of the over-simplification, temper tantrum process.

I would never knock Ray for his coaching abilities but being AD and baseball coach are two different task. His job includes raising funds and improving the overall sporting experience at USC so if that isn’t happening there would be a problem. However I think his task will be getting more difficult given the feelings about the FB and BB programs directions. Hopefully he will be able to keep the donations rolling in, and will respond appropriately should things keep sliding.

Reactions: rogue cock
Bentley at RB coach needs to changed the man can never decide who his best RB is if he'd call me I could tell him.

100% correct, Mon Denson has always impressed me, he seems to always move forward and produce, and why Bentley keeps Dowdle who is a good perimeter in space runner, on short yardage, is beyond me, did we ever see that option play with we ran in the Outback with Dowdle for a 17 yard TD again, hey it worked lets scrap it.

Our running game is garbage under Bentley maybe he is to busy watching Jake during the games.

Us not getting his target Quavaris Crouch, yes I know he wanted to play LB, but we need a big time LB badly, and him going to our whipping boy Tenn still stings to me as well.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
100% correct, Mon Denson has always impressed me, he seems to always move forward and produce, and why Bentley keeps Dowdle who is a good perimeter in space runner, on short yardage, is beyond me, did we ever see that option play with we ran in the Outback with Dowdle for a 17 yard TD again, hey it worked lets scrap it.

Our running game is garbage under Bentley maybe he is to busy watching Jake during the games.

Us not getting his target Quavaris Crouch, yes I know he wanted to play LB, but we need a big time LB badly, and him going to our whipping boy Tenn still stings to me as well.
On the 4th and mere inches in the first series nobody can convince me Mon Denson couldn't have gotten 2 inches and yet we try to fool Uva with a *@&@ pass Jake couldn't complete. As long as Jake Bentley is in a Gamecock uniform having Hershel Walker won't help because we wouldn't give it to him.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
It's not time to fire Muschamp or Tanner. Give the man 5-6 years. If you take the trigger happy approach the next hire becomes more challenging. Coaches want security and support. Look at what happened to Florida and Tenn by quick firings.

I agree Muschamp needs to shake up his staff. Dillmon must be replaced and our in season practices must be less physical. Losing 2-3 starters per week is outrageous. It's not incidenta!. It's Muschamp history.

Doesn’t Bama have physical practices all year? I think they do, but not sure. If so, it works for them.

Since rumors are swirling. Here is one. SARCASTIC. Greg Byrne is sick of winning at Bama and has decided to resign. Ozzie Newsome, who will step down as Ravens GM at the conclusion of the Ravens season will go home to Bama as the new AD.

Byrne wanting a challenge is rumored to be a candidate new AD at SC should Ray Tanner retire.

Good. Then maybe he will convince Saban if what Spurrier once said ... “If Saban wants to prove that he is a great coach, he needs to go some place where they've never won before.”

So, Byrne comes to SC, followed by Saban. If not Saban, then Urban Myer. If not Myer, then Mike Leach, if not Leach then (fill in the blank).

I disagree on the theory that no coach wants to come here. For 4 million you will get a whole lot of takers and I mean a whole lot.

Reactions: ddw1263
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT