ADVERTISEMENT

Runners hurdling tacklers....

gamecockox

Sep 20, 2007
I believe sooner or later a player is going to get seriously hurt doing this. With the whole targeting and defenseless player rules, I am surprised no one has mentioned this.

I believe sooner or later a player is going to get seriously hurt doing this. With the whole targeting and defenseless player rules, I am surprised no one has mentioned this.
Wait for it........ soon there will be a "hurdling rule", where "a ball carrier may not leave his feet in an attempt to hurdle a defender attempting to make a tackle".

Reactions: Tiger71
That rule already exists in high school, and it has for a LONG time. 15 yard personal foul.

1333475735_hordles_nut_shot.gif

byuballs.0.gif

giphy.gif

PoisedDownrightGalapagosdove-max-1mb.gif

I had to look up the BYU player and I can't believe he wasn't suspended for that. "Bronco says OL Ului Lapuaho has had internal team discipline imposed for his personal foul v. BSU; will not require missing any game time." I wonder what that discipline was. He probably had to read a few chapters from the book of Joseph Smith. smh

That rule already exists in high school, and it has for a LONG time. 15 yard personal foul.
Yep — I was an official with the Ohio High School Football Officials Association back in 1982 and as the Referee in a varsity game was trailing the running back when he successfully hurdled a defender and gained another five yards. I threw the flag and penalized the offense 15 yards from the spot. The coaching staff and fans went nuts. The head coach called a time out and angrily told me no such penalty existed whereupon I told him to read the rule book during halftime — he’d find it. It’s a dangerous thing to do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT