ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Stack

I remember 2 brief years with the Cavs, I think. NBA-wise, Stack was a little before his time. Today, he would be a coveted "stretch 4" and have a solid NBA career.

Nobody will believe this but, seriously, he became a Bosnian (or something like that). It had something to do with helping his team meet a quota for non-european players .... Fir Real.

Nobody will believe this but, seriously, he became a Bosnian (or something like that). It had something to do with helping his team meet a quota for non-european players .... Fir Real.
It's all here. Again, one who probably lives a really nice comfortable life after doing something he loved for years. I'd take that.

I played with Stack a few summer league games in the area around here. He was a hell of a stretch 4 man because he could shoot pretty well for a 7 footer. He made a good living by playing overseas.

So is he still Bosnian? lol that's an interesting story, i don't recall that part of his overseas career.

I do seem to remember a bunch of pictures floating around of him around the time he got drafted with a smoking hot girlfriend. I tend to remember the important things :D

Hard to believe Alex English was not a first round pick. He had a very successful career in the NBA.

Reactions: IrmoRed
http://thecabin.net/stories/041702/spo_0417020050.shtml#.WPg4XsVdWSo

2002 Stack article on life in Israel

Stack_Ryan.jpg

images

I was @ Carolina the same time Stack was. Rumor had it that he was gifted down below & scored as many of Carolina's finest as anyone ever.

Works in Nashville

54 RYAN STACK, junior forward

Where is he now?: Nashville, Tenn. Manager, Nashville branch of Waste Industries.

1996-97 statistics: 6.2 points, 4.3 rebounds while starting 28 of 31 games. He had 27 assists, 19 steals and 52 blocks while shooting 37.7 percent from the 3-point line.

After ’97: That team’s only drafted player, Stack went to Cleveland with the 19th pick of the 1998 second round. He played 43 games over two seasons, then had a 10-year career overseas. He had his own business with former Gamecock Jimmy Collins before getting an opportunity he couldn’t pass up with Waste Industries.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...asketball/article130843329.html#storylink=cpy

I was @ Carolina the same time Stack was. Rumor had it that he was gifted down below & scored as many of Carolina's finest as anyone ever.
Rod, you and I must have been in school at the same time. I had Computer Science with Ryan; I had never before been in the same room with someone 7 feet tall. He would sort of duck his head down and to the side when he walked through the door.

Rod, you and I must have been in school at the same time. I had Computer Science with Ryan; I had never before been in the same room with someone 7 feet tall. He would sort of duck his head down and to the side when he walked through the door.

I graduated in December, '99.

Stack became a Macedonian citizen after playing there for a few years. A lot of players do that when they play in some of the smaller European countries. It allows them to not count as one of the 2 Americans on a roster, which most European leagues limit teams to. Also, they can play for the national teams and they can get paid more and pay less taxes. I believe John Chappell did the same thing in Macedonia.

There are a lot of former Gamecocks who had solid careers and made good money playing overseas including but not limited too Jojo English, Larry Davis, the late Rolando Howell, John Chappell, Chris Warren, Carlos Powell, Renaldo Balkman, Tre Kelley, Chuck Eidson, Marius Petravicius, and Antonio Grant, Greg Taylor, and Dominique Archie

Jo jo had some good NBA years including a tussle with the great MJ.

JoJo and Jamie Watson were two high fliers! Emmitt (----) from St. Cloud City, KS. was a high wire act as well....what's his last name!?
Spectacular dunks!
EMMITT HALL!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT