ADVERTISEMENT

Salt Life, Yeti, Life is Good, Clemson?

Stanford’s women’s basketball average 3 year revenue was $18.6 million? TN was next with $5.4 million. Everybody else was less than $2 million with most under $1 million. So, is Stanford’s haul legit or a misprint? Our women have led the nation in paid attendance for several years now. So if Stanford’s women earned $18.6 million, how did they manage to do that?

Yeti is the redneck rolex.
I think you may be right. I just don't understand it. Who would have thought a friggin' cooler would become a status symbol? For one, there are experiments online showing that Yeti coolers perform only marginally better than "mid-priced" coolers and you don't really notice the difference until after 4 days of melting. Secondly, even if they were that much better than a regular cooler, how many of us are out in the back-country for 4 days without access to fresh ice?

There's a local sporting goods store here that has a display showing a normal cooler and a Yeti bear-resistant cooler after a bear has, uh, "manipulated" each one. Of course, the regular cooler is torn all to shreds and the bear-resistant one shows some punctures but is still basically intact. To which I think "What's the point?" If I come back to my camp and see that a bear has unsuccessfully tried to open my Yeti cooler, do you think I'm going to stay around long enough to eat the f-ing hot dogs inside? At least the obliterated normal cooler is an immediate visual signal to me that I need to get in my truck and leave.

Reactions: coxman
Yeti is marketed to the poors, it is a way for them to get a leg up for $400.

Stanford’s women’s basketball average 3 year revenue was $18.6 million? TN was next with $5.4 million. Everybody else was less than $2 million with most under $1 million. So, is Stanford’s haul legit or a misprint? Our women have led the nation in paid attendance for several years now. So if Stanford’s women earned $18.6 million, how did they manage to do that?
Maybe it’s because everything costs so much more out there. My home in SF is worth 2.8 million out there.

ADVERTISEMENT