ADVERTISEMENT

Santee, SC? Your time to shine! #1 closest place for the most people to go to...

I-95 @ I-26 was a parking lot this morning.

There are a LOT of freaks out there.

I-95 @ I-26 was a parking lot this morning.

There are a LOT of freaks out there.
Thanks!
We are in Summerville, and have lots f clouds. I was considering driving to Santee to get inland....not now. Thanks again.

Reactions: armoloyse
We were lucky in Greenville/Pelzer/Moonville to have an opening in the cumulus clouds.

Looks to me like St. Mathews was exactly on the center line. I wonder how may people found their way to that forlorn place to view the eclipse.

Looks to me like St. Mathews was exactly on the center line. I wonder how may people found their way to that forlorn place to view the eclipse.
I work with some people from St. Matthews, and they said the fields were full of cars, and most churches opened their parking lots to campers, etc.

Reactions: cocky lady
on I-95. Greenville #10. How could anything possibly go wrong in SC today?

What are you all seeing out there? Camden is very quiet, and we are at 99.9% coverage, which is fine with me. I'm rounding up. ;)

http://www.businessinsider.com/sola...1-glendo-wyoming-86-million-people-in-range-4

GOCOCKS! BEATNCSTATE!
Our little town 30 mi. south of Columbia was packed with people today! Nowhere to park anywhere! Had to help our economy but it was over as quickly as it started! VERY memorable day - what an awesome occasion!

Reactions: chick75
I can tell you first hand - it was packed as I commented later! People everywhere - no parking space to be found! It was anything BUT "forlorn" today!
Didn't mean to insult the place. When I saw it was directly on the center line, I'm thinking a lot of other people will have noticed the same thing and target that town as their destination. My son was headed that way but news of cloud cover farther east influenced him to go to Newberry instead. That worked out well for his family. Tell me, how was the viewing? Was the sun obscured?

Great view from the edge of a soybean field near Santee. The clouds cleared away just in time. Nobody else around except for the gnats.

Reactions: chick75
Didn't mean to insult the place. When I saw it was directly on the center line, I'm thinking a lot of other people will have noticed the same thing and target that town as their destination. My son was headed that way but news of cloud cover farther east influenced him to go to Newberry instead. That worked out well for his family. Tell me, how was the viewing? Was the sun obscured?
No - there were clouds around but they didn't obscure the view! People were very crowded in the town area, cars parked everywhere with a nice set-up at the courthouse, church lots, etc. and also lined up along the highways out in the fields with tents, etc. (looked like tailgating at football games). We live out in the open and it was a perfect view! A totally amazing, unforgettable time and I hope helped our economy somewhat LOL!

No - there were clouds around but they didn't obscure the view! People were very crowded in the town area, cars parked everywhere with a nice set-up at the courthouse, church lots, etc. and also lined up along the highways out in the fields with tents, etc. (looked like tailgating at football games). We live out in the open and it was a perfect view! A totally amazing, unforgettable time and I hope helped our economy somewhat LOL!
I'm glad it went so well. Best of luck to you and St. Mathews. By the way, do you have any pictures from there of this event that you could share?

I'm glad it went so well. Best of luck to you and St. Mathews. By the way, do you have any pictures from there of this event that you could share?
No, I don't & I'm so disappointed I didn't take any or video the crowds (we'll never see that again and I guess that's a good thing as small & "Mayberryish"as we are)! Have seen LOTS of great ones on facebook, however!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT