ADVERTISEMENT

Saw that Jewelry Warehouse on Harbison is going out of business....

Ever since they went to their “new” much more drawn out shipping process, including a slower carrier in the postal service, im not surprised one bit. I certainly took my business elsewhere.

They didnt last very long in that location. Perhaps it was a good run for most stores, were they there 10 years or so? The one in Springdale was the one I grew up going too and they cant duplicate itd charm

Reactions: Lakecock1
Is there still a location off of St Andrews rd next to the old Kroger? I don't get over to Irmo that much-even though I grew up there.

What about the one on Two Notch in the little strip mall that is adjacent to what was once Columbia Mall? I used to stop there to get stuff.

I will check out Addams. In the past though I've found the bookstores not to have as much different stuff as they have at JW. Plus I really like the so-called "script Carolina" stuff that has the Joe-Mo style logo on it. Don't think you can get that anywhere but JW. Also, JW seems to mix up brands more where bookstores have more Under Armour exclusively (on polos anyway).

Hate to see it go. It was certainly the most convenient for where I live.

I will check out Addams. In the past though I've found the bookstores not to have as much different stuff as they have at JW. Plus I really like the so-called "script Carolina" stuff that has the Joe-Mo style logo on it. Don't think you can get that anywhere but JW. Also, JW seems to mix up brands more where bookstores have more Under Armour exclusively (on polos anyway).
Russell House has primarily UA, but Addams has a lot of Champion, UA, other manufacturers. Addams has made the side area that usually houses books into a women's clothing area, with tailgate items too. I can easily spend a lot of money I don't need to be spending in Addams. I think Addams even changed their name to Addams Gamecock Store, or something to that effect.

I live out that way, but HATE Bauer Parkway. Working downtown, I run over to the Parkland Plaza location quite a bit, especially for minor jewelry needs/repairs.

I usually try and hit it during the day, but not lunch time and I usually come up from Piney Grove Rd. Not too bad if you can avoid Harbison Blvd when it's busy.

If you walk in a clothes store that sells mens and womens, you will see the womens takes up 75%+ of the place. Of course "women matter" in clothing retail

I usually try and hit it during the day, but not lunch time and I usually come up from Piney Grove Rd. Not too bad if you can avoid Harbison Blvd when it's busy.
Piney Grove is steadily getting just as bad as everyone is starting to use it. I've gone to coming St. Andrews to Harbison, especially to get to the area near Target/Kohls.

Reactions: anon_n4c0cp5zhdxn7
They are closing because the lease is up.

As for it being the best Gamecock Store, I've been less than impressed with the selections the last few years, as have many of my friends. Addams Bookstore has MUCH better selection, IMO, especially for women.

Kohl's has had a couple cool looking sweatshirts and Belk too...

I just haven't seen anything that looks good from the JWH in years...

I understand some/many people feel that way but I still prefer stores. And no I'm not super old

If only 20% of the population feels that way, you can understand the decline of brick and mortar. I don't like to buy clothes online, but just about anything else is preferable.

Adams offers 15% discount to Gamecock Club members as well as USC Alumni Association members too. Just show them your membership card at checkout. Great selection too.

They are closing because the lease is up.

As for it being the best Gamecock Store, I've been less than impressed with the selections the last few years, as have many of my friends. Addams Bookstore has MUCH better selection, IMO, especially for women.

Exactly, they used to be the best.

They absolutely suck now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT