ADVERTISEMENT

Say if we were 2-0......

Cocky_11

Jan 31, 2014
and we did score on that last drive to beat Kentucky, are we still considered a bad team? is the spread 16.5 in athens? does that guy write that article about Spurrier being 70 yrs old? are we still a 5 win team? no bowl? do we have all this crap on the message board about Spurrier coming to an end?

NOPE......bc 2-0 is a whole lot better than 1-1 and its only week 3, yeah we got a hard schedule coming up, so what, this is the SEC, to be the best, you got to beat the best, will we? I dont know bc thats why you PLAY THE GAME, to heck with all this crap, I'm getting behind Spurrier, Orth, Wilds, Cooper, and everyone else to pull this thing off so we can shock the country of who said we don't have a chance. I am just curious about one thing, what is to say about us if we do win, fluke win? hard to say when we have won the last 4 out of 5 against UGA.

I think you need to rephrase your scenario to a setting where we aren't down 24 - 7. At home. At night. In our Season Opener. To Uk.

and we did score on that last drive to beat Kentucky, are we still considered a bad team? is the spread 16.5 in athens? does that guy write that article about Spurrier being 70 yrs old? are we still a 5 win team? no bowl? do we have all this crap on the message board about Spurrier coming to an end?

NOPE......bc 2-0 is a whole lot better than 1-1 and its only week 3, yeah we got a hard schedule coming up, so what, this is the SEC, to be the best, you got to beat the best, will we? I dont know bc thats why you PLAY THE GAME, to heck with all this crap, I'm getting behind Spurrier, Orth, Wilds, Cooper, and everyone else to pull this thing off so we can shock the country of who said we don't have a chance. I am just curious about one thing, what is to say about us if we do win, fluke win? hard to say when we have won the last 4 out of 5 against UGA.

I think some of the things would have been left alone, however, you can't get embarrassed at home in the first half like we did in our first home game of the year. The effort was not there in the first half. The offense did almost nothing in the first half. We gave up 300+ yards in the first half. All these would still have been a concern. I agree that there is time to turn things around, but I think there are some guys on this team that need to determine if they really want to wear the garnet and black and represent our school come Saturday... if we play like we have the second half of both games then there is no reason why we can't win against the dogs, but if we start out like the first half, it will be a long long evening...

We're still living on last years performance in regard to the first few games. If we had handled Kentucky at home the way we were expected then the point spread would be different. It would have shown we were improved. The performance we had even if we had won on the last play probably wouldn't have moved the line much...if at all. These guys can't look at a 2-0 and set the spread. They do this to make money and they need it to be as accurate as possible. They do their homework and the spread changes through the week based on injuries or betting heavy on one team. That is more to mitigate their losses than to think one improved over the course of a few days. It usually doesn't move much after it's set without a huge reason to do so......

Probably not but in sports, where we keep score, those scores matter. You act as if last year didn't happen and that Spurrier himself didn't call his age into question with his comments. The loss Saturday night occurred in a context; it wasn't an outlier.

And when we beat UGA, people will say UGA had an off night...

A win against UGA doesn't erase the disappointing loss to Kentucky and the poor showing against UNC. It could motivate this team and staff to get back on track but it changes nothing about the first 2 games.

Case in point, it doesn't matter to what seems like many on this board if we were 2-0.

Still got the whole season ahead. But heaven help this board if we improve and win games. There will be a lot of disappointed people it seems.

Probably not but in sports, where we keep score, those scores matter. You act as if last year didn't happen and that Spurrier himself didn't call his age into question with his comments. The loss Saturday night occurred in a context; it wasn't an outlier.
The only context you can attribute the loss Saturday to is ineffective offense caused mainly by one position...the starting QB. Poor execution by Mitch led to changing up play calls and led to too many 3 and outs and extra possessions for UK. Had we sustained a couple of drives we would have never been in such a hole by halftime.
That aspect of our game is gone, and is being replaced by a QB that has played 1/2 a game plus a series yet surpassed our previous starter who played 1 entire game minus a series and and half minus one series.
Nothing that happened last year or anything Spurrier said had anything to do with our loss Saturday, or will have anything to do with how the rest of the season goes.
There's some context to contemplate.

The only context you can attribute the loss Saturday to is ineffective offense caused mainly by one position...the starting QB.

Dude we started Shamir Jeffery and Carton Heard.

Heard was a transfer from Gardner Webb. Jefferey is a good hearted kid but otherwise a total bust.

Those two guys would not have started for East Carolina. Much less any SEC team.

Watch Ole Miss when you get a chance. We are extremely far behind in terms of talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT