ADVERTISEMENT

Say it isn’t so

lvillegcx

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2005
just got message from friend. Says South Carolina has worked football deal with App State. 2 home games in Williams Brice and 1 in Boone. Know Miami did this but why would we?

Reactions: SCGCock07
Huh? Why wouldn't we? You think we're better than Miami? Everyone plays teams like this, but we shouldn't? I really don't understand some of the fan mentality here.

Are THEY going to pay US what WE pay THEM?

Will we get seating allotment equal to what we get at another SEC school (7-9000 seats)?

Now that they're 'Division 1' I guess it's really not any difference playing them in Boone than it would be to play Wake in Winston.

Are THEY going to pay US what WE pay THEM?

Will we get seating allotment equal to what we get at another SEC school (7-9000 seats)?

Now that they're 'Division 1' I guess it's really not any difference playing them in Boone than it would be to play Wake in Winston.
Grove Stadium is The Big House compared to the stadium at APP State, is it not?

appalachian-state-stadium-1000.jpg

Before you go cliff diving, I'd wait to see if this is true.
Oh, It's true. Our game there won't be until 2025, 3 years after they host UNC. I think the days of Power 5 teams buying single home games from smaller 1-A schools is probably over. You'll see more of the 2-for-1 and similar deals now.

I'm not bothered as much by playing in Boone as I am by not playing a home-home series against another Power 5 school. I'm not talking about scheduling Oklahoma or Michigan. But I'd rather a home-home series against WVU, Louisville, Pitt, UVA, Kansas, or almost any P-5 team rather than a 2-for-1 deal with a Sun Belt team.

Oh, It's true. Our game there won't be until 2025, 3 years after they host UNC. I think the days of Power 5 teams buying single home games from smaller 1-A schools is probably over. You'll see more of the 2-for-1 and similar deals now.

I'm not bothered as much by playing in Boone as I am by not playing a home-home series against another Power 5 school. I'm not talking about scheduling Oklahoma or Michigan. But I'd rather a home-home series against WVU, Louisville, Pitt, UVA, Kansas, or almost any P-5 team rather than a 2-for-1 deal with a Sun Belt team.

How many of the big guys return visits to non-P5 FBS schools? I don’t think paying for single home games is a thing of the past. We just did this with Troy in 2021 and Ga. State in 2022.

I love Boone and respect Appy State, but it is not a good look for the USC football team to play in that stadium.

Reactions: king ward
just got message from friend. Says South Carolina has worked football deal with App State. 2 home games in Williams Brice and 1 in Boone. Know Miami did this but why would we?

That is a good question and one that I don't agree with whatsoever.

u
No one knows why.. It's one of the dumbest things of the Tanner era

We would be much better off playing UCF on a home and home basis because of potential Florida recruiting. It's just dumb going to App State. It' so remote we won't get any exposure whatsoever.

Presumably, we wouldn't have to pay for them to play here. Right? Because of we did, that woould be dumber than giving Clemson two home baseball games.

meh, I am not amped up, pissed or disappointed , I'm glad its something close to football for us to kick around a bit , but my emotional concern here is slightly less than when I run low on coffee in the cabinet. These things may get rescheduled 4 times or more before they ever even happen, and we have room for one of these every now and then considering 9 of our 12 are locked in indefinitely.

Can't wait for the game. App State is FBS now and Miami played there last year. It should be an awesome trip, and the stadium is similar to Vandy's. I'm sure Tanner structured the deal to where we don't pay App nearly as much as normal to play here since we are doing a return trip. 2 for 1 isn't bad. I think fans will enjoy this trip. At least they aren't an option team.

We shouldn't be worried about App State in year 10 of the Muschamp era if things continue on their current course.

I don’t see Clemson, Georgia, Alabama, etc doing it. Help me understand how this helps our program
Lol, yeah but those teams are also competing for national championships while we still have yet to win an SEC championship. They also don't lose to the Citadel. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just pointing out the facts.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT