ADVERTISEMENT

SC State Kickoff Time Set

Alan Cole

Beat Reporter
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2022
Official release from the university:

South Carolina – South Carolina State Game Time Set

The South Carolina Gamecocks will host the South Carolina State Bulldogs in a noon kickoff at Williams-Brice Stadium on Saturday, Oct. 1, the Southeastern Conference office announced today. The game will be televised on the SEC Network.

This will be the third all-time meeting between the Gamecocks and the FCS-level Bulldogs from Orangeburg. The Gamecocks have won both of the previous meetings between the two schools that are separated by just 42 miles, posting a 38-3 win in 2007 and a 38-14 win in 2009.

South Carolina (1-2, 0-2 SEC) hosts Charlotte (1-3, 0-1 Conference USA) this Saturday, Sept. 24, at 7:30 pm. South Carolina State (1-1) also plays a night game this week at North Carolina A&T.

Here is the complete SEC television schedule for games of Saturday, Oct. 1:

Reactions: gamecockblack
Official release from the university:

South Carolina – South Carolina State Game Time Set

The South Carolina Gamecocks will host the South Carolina State Bulldogs in a noon kickoff at Williams-Brice Stadium on Saturday, Oct. 1, the Southeastern Conference office announced today. The game will be televised on the SEC Network.

This will be the third all-time meeting between the Gamecocks and the FCS-level Bulldogs from Orangeburg. The Gamecocks have won both of the previous meetings between the two schools that are separated by just 42 miles, posting a 38-3 win in 2007 and a 38-14 win in 2009.

South Carolina (1-2, 0-2 SEC) hosts Charlotte (1-3, 0-1 Conference USA) this Saturday, Sept. 24, at 7:30 pm. South Carolina State (1-1) also plays a night game this week at North Carolina A&T.

Here is the complete SEC television schedule for games of Saturday, Oct. 1:
Not a good use of SECNTWK resources. Who is going to watch this, a smattering of USC fans and then who ?

Group sales will be busy giving away tickets to youth programs.

That's actually a good thing. Lots of future fans in that group and will be lifelong fans because they got to attend a game.

A number of years ago I was a mentor to an elementary school kid through their lunch buddy program and was able to get him a ticket to a game with his mom's permission. He told me he had never even seen a college football game. He was in awe the entire game, mainly focusing on Cocky and how big the stadium was- not so much the on the field action. Reminded me that a lot of kids never get to experience something like a college football game.

With the game moving to Thursday night, I hope they can still make it.

That's actually a good thing. Lots of future fans in that group and will be lifelong fans because they got to attend a game.

A number of years ago I was a mentor to an elementary school kid through their lunch buddy program and was able to get him a ticket to a game with his mom's permission. He told me he had never even seen a college football game. He was in awe the entire game, mainly focusing on Cocky and how big the stadium was- not so much the on the field action. Reminded me that a lot of kids never get to experience something like a college football game.

With the game moving to Thursday night, I hope they can still make it.

Yep. I’m a big fan of group tickets. Worked group sales for minor league baseball for several years. The motto was group sales gets them there one time. It’s up to the team/ venue/ experience to keep them coming back. Btw. We were in the business of selling hotdogs. Not tickets. Group tickets are usually pretty cheap.

If you have ever been to a minor league ball park for a Wednesday afternoon game. Uve seen group sales up close. Daycares galore. It use to be one the busiest weekday gate counts.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Yep. I’m a big fan of group tickets. Worked group sales for minor league baseball for several years. The motto was group sales gets them there one time. It’s up to the team/ venue/ experience to keep them coming back. Btw. We were in the business of selling hotdogs. Not tickets. Group tickets are usually pretty cheap.

If you have ever been to a minor league ball park for a Wednesday afternoon game. Uve seen group sales up close. Daycares galore. It use to be one the busiest weekday gate counts.

Yep- since that happened to me, I've always appreciated all the other stuff going on at games- besides the field stuff. I use to ignore it but when I took that youngster, that's all he cared about and I realized all that stuff is important to someone.

So now when I do attend some sort of sporting event, etc- I try to appreciate everything because something I might have thought as useless before might be the reason someone else actually takes the time to come to the game at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT