ADVERTISEMENT

scheduling question

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
I started thinking about how we schedule our opponents at the beginning of the year and I pose this question: would we be better suited starting out with lesser opponents at the beginning of year to get freshman acclimated to the change from high school to college ball instead of coming out of the gate playing tougher games. It could be compared to how most basketball seasons are set up for us, get a few wins under our belts before conference play- any thoughts?

I started thinking about how we schedule our opponents at the beginning of the year and I pose this question: would we be better suited starting out with lesser opponents at the beginning of year to get freshman acclimated to the change from high school to college ball instead of coming out of the gate playing tougher games. It could be compared to how most basketball seasons are set up for us, get a few wins under our belts before conference play- any thoughts?

Spurrier likes being showcased as the first game of the year. He has done that 9 times of his 11 seasons. Its a trade off. Being first and only game on TV to kickoff football season is great fro recruiting.

All programs start off the year playing new guys, whether true Fresh, RS's or Sophs. It's all relative. I would rather play tougher opponents early - it just makes for more interest going into the season.

I believe conference games are scheduled by the SEC office. With tradition taken into account for certain dates of the year...UT/Alabama 3rd Saturday in October.

That's exactly what Mizzou has done the last couple of years theyve won the east. Load up early on cupcakes and get the team in unison

I am not just worried about the Clemson game, but it seems like it would benefit us to work out kinks in the first one or two games and then worry about conference play. Say we don't get off to the start that we should, it puts our backs against the wall for the rest of the season

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT