ADVERTISEMENT

Screw the SEC, Play Clemson.

GamecockJL

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
Figure out how to schedule Clemson and make Clemson say no. We would easily be one of their tougher games in that cupcake ACC league.

The UVA game was a no show and the UNC should have been won if not for poor coaching.

And yet nobody knows what the repercussions would be if we played the game
Who cares what they would be. Integrity and commitment have meaning right? We agreed to bide by their decisions by signing on to join the institution. Violating that could be clearly spelled out in the institution contract or the laws of the SEC that we are not privy to seeing as we are not in administrative positions to determine such. We made our vote clear, and we were the minority. Unless you think that none of that matters, then why be in a conference? Why have rules? why agree to follow such rules if you'll just break them when convenient? Who cares, Right?

Jesus some of yall sound like my kids "Well, how much trouble could we REALLY get in?"

This is my thinking, too. Are we contractually obligated to follow this unusual scheduling under extraordinary times? Have some university lawyers take a closer look. And if it is determined that we don't have a leg to stand on, what are the repercussions if we were to violate this "pandemic" decision? A fine? If so, pay it and play.

Let me take a guess on that. SEC would come down with some heavy punishment on us but would still let all of the other SEC teams play and scheduled Clemson in future years with no restrictions.

Would give the SEC a good reason to get rid of our irrelevant butts and add someone else.

Who cares what they would be. Integrity and commitment have meaning right? We agreed to bide by their decisions by signing on to join the institution. Violating that could be clearly spelled out in the institution contract or the laws of the SEC that we are not privy to seeing as we are not in administrative positions to determine such. We made our vote clear, and we were the minority. Unless you think that none of that matters, then why be in a conference? Why have rules? why agree to follow such rules if you'll just break them when convenient? Who cares, Right?

Jesus some of yall sound like my kids "Well, how much trouble could we REALLY get in?"
Thank you.

It's amazing how many dumb people there are on this board... Go against a conference that pays you MILLIONS every year, just to play clemsux???

Fluck clemsux!!

Yep, either they haven't ever run a damn thing in their lives and/or are simply ok with not honoring your commitment to your conference. . Anybody ok with saying screw the SEC and doing your own thing should also be ok with the SEC saying screw you when it comes time for the conference payouts. You want to do your own thing, drop out & become an independent. Worked out beautifully the 1st time we did that. NOT.

Reactions: Silverspur02
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT