ADVERTISEMENT

SEC & ACC will play

Na, people told me the same thing about March Madness,NBA, shutting down everything else airlines.
Money hasn't stopped anything yet and certainly didn't stop the Big 10 or Pac 12

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
SEC & ACC will play and collect big TV money. Look for some schools that are in "cancelled conferences" to try to play, even if only a 4-5 game schedule (if allowed to).
They will kick the can further down the road... Nobody will likely play a lot of college football this season. While you are playing psychic- How do you see any reasonable end game of a season happening under the current projections?

They will kick the can further down the road... Nobody will likely play a lot of college football this season. While you are playing psychic- How do you see any reasonable end game of a season happening under the current projections?
no idea and have heard no true decision-maker's discussion of that. If they make ir thru the season, I would guess no Bowls and just the CFP. I guess we will know in November the plans and nothing for sure until December. May be just a regular season, if they make it to then.

no idea and have heard no true decision-maker's discussion of that. If they make ir thru the season, I would guess no Bowls and just the CFP. I guess we will know in November the plans and nothing for sure until December. May be just a regular season, if they make it to then.

Why do you think no bowls? I know Cotton Bowl people and I can't imagine them cancelling short of nuclear war. Certainly fewer bowls with some conferences not playing, but time honored bowls will fight to stay alive. Maybe not the Rose, but Sugar, Cotton and Orange will.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Anyone thought that if the US would have done like other countries and really locked down, followed all medical protocol to contain this virus, the numbers would be going down and our favorite sports would be playing? The Irony......people want sports, schools open, bars open, but are not willing to do what it takes to make that happen.

Anyone thought that if the US would have done like other countries and really locked down, followed all medical protocol to contain this virus, the numbers would be going down and our favorite sports would be playing? The Irony......people want sports, schools open, bars open, but are not willing to do what it takes to make that happen.
It’s called America, we are a free populous what ever that means to you. I don’t want to live in a place where my government just shuts down my business. I’m sorry but as an American and all that, that stands for I just can’t get behind that no matter the cost. Freedom comes at a cost. Everyone knows this.

The enlightened in their wisdom and hindsight are pointing at New Zealand now. New Zealand shut their borders at the get go; New Zealand also has like two airports if that and a population less than the state of South Carolina. Our Senate voted to not close our borders. Everything, yea verily "the numbers" as well, Its not as black and white as its made out to be.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
The enlightened in their wisdom and hindsight are pointing at New Zealand now. New Zealand shut their borders at the get go; New Zealand also has like two airports if that and a population less than the state of South Carolina. Our Senate voted to not close our borders. Everything, yea verily "the numbers" as well, Its not as black and white as its made out to be.

Indeed. New Zealand is essentially Colorado, in terms of population land mass. So that's a whole country that's the size of one US state. Much easier to manage. I don't know why people keep failing to realize this.

It's an indictment of the education system in this country that so many people can't understand any difference between controlling the virus in a country with a land mass of ~100,000 sq mi as opposed to one that is ~4 million sq miles.

We are basically 40 New Zealands.

Last edited:
Why do you think no bowls? I know Cotton Bowl people and I can't imagine them cancelling short of nuclear war. Certainly fewer bowls with some conferences not playing, but time honored bowls will fight to stay alive. Maybe not the Rose, but Sugar, Cotton and Orange will.

I think the issue for the bowls will be the lack of fans at the games. Do you think universities will feel safe about putting the teams on a plane? I doubt the bands and cheer leaders will travel. The conference matchups will have to be realigned. It would be a pretty boring bowl season if only 3 conferences play.

Sounds like some posters on here are giddy happy cause most conferences are shutting down. Very odd.
Because they would be wrong if we play. They have been spitting their so called medical knowledge for 2 months now and if we play that proves that they aren't as smart as they think they are.. It is very predictable. They will be on the edge of their seats waiting and hoping for the first outbreak so they can say toldya so.

Because they would be wrong if we play. They have been spitting their so called medical knowledge for 2 months now and if we play that proves that they aren't as smart as they think they are.. It is very predictable. They will be on the edge of their seats waiting and hoping for the first outbreak so they can say toldya so.
Whether we play football or not has no bearing on who was right or wrong, or who’s smart or not. The truth about the right course of action (to play or not) will be defined by the number of Covid-19 infections, and God forbid, deaths, that happen as a result of holding football season.

Indeed. New Zealand is essentially Colorado, in terms of population land mass. So that's a whole country that's the size of one US state. Much easier to manage. I don't know why people keep failing to realize this.

It's an indictment of the education system in this country that so many people can't understand any difference between controlling the virus in a country with a land mass of ~100,000 sq mi as opposed to one that is ~4 million sq miles.

You know I could point to China, but we all know that's a false narrative too. Sad that a country would place political image over world safety. But of course we do the same thing here too with other events and occurrences.

Whether we play football or not has no bearing on who was right or wrong, or who’s smart or not. The truth about the right course of action (to play or not) will be defined by the number of Covid-19 infections, and God forbid, deaths, that happen as a result of holding football season.
Why haven't we banned football because of the broken necks, paralyzing injuries? I think it's because it's rare. Probably not as rare as 19 and 20 year olds dieing of Covid. Stay away from grandma and let's play. It makes no sense. The numbers don't lie.

I think the issue for the bowls will be the lack of fans at the games. Do you think universities will feel safe about putting the teams on a plane? I doubt the bands and cheer leaders will travel. The conference matchups will have to be realigned. It would be a pretty boring bowl season if only 3 conferences play.

That is just saying the bowls will have difficulties, none of those are reasons not to play. The main purpose today of bowls is to have football on TV. It isn't the bands, cheerleaders or fans at the game. I can''t imagine how any of this would be boring as desperate as we will be for football. Conference matchups tend to make bowls boring. Given freedom to invite whoever is playing will allow bowls to pick fun, interesting matchups. Teams that have never played or rarely played each other. I think we will have about a dozen bowls (instead of 30 to 40), but all good matchups.

Numbers are going down. Our medical system was never overran. The biggest black eye is the 41k+ nursing home deaths caused by a few Governors.
Maybe we should have been like Sweden and it would be over with by now with herd immunity (like may be happening in NYC).

But are they as smart as they think they are if it is cancelled?

And New Zealand just shut down Auckland...
They're just delaying the inevitable and killing their economy. Cure costlier than the disease.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT