ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Basketball media days

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
A'ja Wilson and Ty Harris will join Dawn in Nashville on Thurs...Chris Silva and Hassani Gravett will join Coach Frank on Wed...More Proof the starting lineup will be Silva, Kotsar, Doumbia, Gravett and Booker

DMRQgnJXkAAegz1.jpg

DLtmDfOWkAENYfx.jpg

I believe we will see Gravett become one of our top scorers this season. He was capable of scoring last year but often deferred to Sin and Dozier. That's just my opinion, but I am right about 50% of the time.

Reactions: Cock-Vader
I'm looking forward to this season more than any in memory just because we have so many new faces. I'm curious to see who among the new guys are going to emerge as solid players for us because there are at least 6 guys with potentially good talent. Something tells me the team chemistry is going to be what makes us successful this year.

Men's team was picked 11th. No one on first or second team All SEC :/

1. UK
2. UF
3. Texas A&M
4. Alabama
5. Mizzou
6. Hogs
7. Vanderbilt
8. UGA
9. Auburn
10. Ole Miss
11. South Carolina
12. Mississippi St.
13. Tennessee
14. LSU

1. UK
2. UF
3. Texas A&M
4. Alabama
5. Mizzou
6. Hogs
7. Vanderbilt
8. UGA
9. Auburn
10. Ole Miss
11. South Carolina
12. Mississippi St.
13. Tennessee
14. LSU

That really is very disheartening.

1. UK
2. UF
3. Texas A&M
4. Alabama
5. Mizzou
6. Hogs
7. Vanderbilt
8. UGA
9. Auburn
10. Ole Miss
11. South Carolina
12. Mississippi St.
13. Tennessee
14. LSU

To be fair, we lost a lot in Sin and PJ, and we have a lot of unknowns coming in; Doumbia, Holden, Booker, Beatty, Cudd, Minaya, Haase, availability of Felder. I don't know that I can declare us any better than 11th without being able to see what the new-comers bring to the table. Hope they bring a LOT, and prove the experts wrong again!!

•Holden will start not Booker, he is a better player and he was here last year.
• Four out of his five years here FM has finished higher than the media picked him to finish. I like his track record

Coach
• Four out of his five years here FM has finished higher than the media picked him to finish. I like his track record
Frank likes length on defense...Booker provides it and Holden does not

Coach

Frank likes length on defense...Booker provides it and Holden does not

Two different takes and I see your point, however you are talking about 6'1" vs 6'3" unless Booker has a freakish wingspan.

None of the guards give us the length we have enjoyed the last two seasons.

Perimeter scoring is at a premium this year and you cannot have your three best scoring guards and shooters(Holden, Myers, and Beatty) on the bench

I haven't looked at all the SEC lists yet but am sure they are filled with UK players who haven't played a single day of college ball yet and can also guarandmantee you, there is not a single one I would take over Silva. He will be a monster this year

I haven't looked at all the SEC lists yet but am sure they are filled with UK players who haven't played a single day of college ball yet and can also guarandmantee you, there is not a single one I would take over Silva. He will be a monster this year
DMbPPkVW0AAPzu8.jpg

This is the first team. The Mizz/UK guys are "one and dones" but the other three are returners

I know I'm beating a dead horse and I think P.J. has signed with the thunder(wearing Durant's 35), but I wish he would have stayed. He would have been able to bridge the gap (experience wise) with all the new faces.

I know....me being selfish.

I know I'm beating a dead horse and I think P.J. has signed with the thunder(wearing Durant's 35), but I wish he would have stayed. He would have been able to bridge the gap (experience wise) with all the new faces.

I know....me being selfish.
Felder not being a knucklehead would have helped too. And Keita transferring out of nowhere

Reactions: whythis28
I believe we will see Gravett become one of our top scorers this season. He was capable of scoring last year but often deferred to Sin and Dozier. That's just my opinion, but I am right about 50% of the time.

You and I should get together. I'm right the other 50%.

Reactions: willmac99

co-sign

Frank is 54-21 in his last 75 games. Pretty darn respectable imho.

1. UK
2. UF
3. Texas A&M
4. Alabama
5. Mizzou
6. Hogs
7. Vanderbilt
8. UGA
9. Auburn
10. Ole Miss
11. South Carolina
12. Mississippi St.
13. Tennessee
14. LSU

Fake news sports media.

Reactions: pepsicock
Frank never should've been our coach, it should'bve been Gregg Marshall all the way. We won't even make the NCAA tourney this year and will finish near the very bottom of the SEC. Is that what we should be doing at this point in Frank's time here? That Final 4 run, while nice, was nothing but a fluke and we never had a chance of winning it. With Frank we will be lucky to make the tourney once every 4 or 5 years. With Marshall we woulde be there each season and have good teams that could compete to go to the Final 4 on a more regular basis.

But too many Gamecock fans are just happy with what we got last year and letting it cloud your judgement on the reality of Frank. He has boring teams that will sit home in the postseason the vast majority of the time. Now we are stuck with him when we could be winning big time on a regular basis with Marshall. I know I'd rather make the tourney every year and have a chance to go deep into the tourney on a regular basis instead of a fluke run one season and looking at the reality of going to the NCAA tourney once or maybe twice in ten years with Frank.

He's a good coach, but not great by any means.

11th is ridiculous. I could possibly see 4-6, but no way we finish 11th. I personally believe we are at least a bubble team. If Holden proves to be a serious scoring threat then we may not miss a beat.

Frank never should've been our coach, it should'bve been Gregg Marshall all the way. We won't even make the NCAA tourney this year and will finish near the very bottom of the SEC. Is that what we should be doing at this point in Frank's time here? That Final 4 run, while nice, was nothing but a fluke and we never had a chance of winning it. With Frank we will be lucky to make the tourney once every 4 or 5 years. With Marshall we woulde be there each season and have good teams that could compete to go to the Final 4 on a more regular basis.

But too many Gamecock fans are just happy with what we got last year and letting it cloud your judgement on the reality of Frank. He has boring teams that will sit home in the postseason the vast majority of the time. Now we are stuck with him when we could be winning big time on a regular basis with Marshall. I know I'd rather make the tourney every year and have a chance to go deep into the tourney on a regular basis instead of a fluke run one season and looking at the reality of going to the NCAA tourney once or maybe twice in ten years with Frank.

Not sure if serious.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield

ric-flair-flop-o.gif

He/she is just a tater trolling......don't take the bait.

You could live to be 6293 years old and not be half the Gamecock fan I am. Because I see Frank for what he is and don't toe your deluded anything Gamecock is just fine and above criticism line doesn't make me a tater. It makes me a realist. And get ready for this reality. A losing SEC record and no post season this year and the next 2 or 3 at least with Frank at the helm.

cTUrAzH.gif

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Don't disagree with the 11th place slot. Expected. A lot lost off of last years team. Top two players, that can't really be replaced by anybody on the roster that I see. And let's not forget that last years team got hot at just the right time. There isn't a soul on this forum that saw them getting out of Greenville. In fact the win over Marquette satisfied most folks wishes for a successful season. Many wondered if they would get a bid at all. Think it will build back over the next couple of years, but this one might be a struggle.

You could live to be 6293 years old and not be half the Gamecock fan I am. Because I see Frank for what he is and don't toe your deluded anything Gamecock is just fine and above criticism line doesn't make me a tater. It makes me a realist. And get ready for this reality. A losing SEC record and no post season this year and the next 2 or 3 at least with Frank at the helm.

Since you are a realist, I doubt you predicted us to win one tournament game much less make the Final Four last year.

He didn't tell Dozier to go pro or tell Felder to cross the law. If the SEC refs let Silva play, he will be very good. Kotsar should be much improved. Gravett is bound to shoot better. If some of the new guys can step up, they will be competitive.

Where do y'all think they would have picked us if Felder were still on the team? That ranking might be assuming he's not coming back at all this year.

Where do y'all think they would have picked us if Felder were still on the team? That ranking might be assuming he's not coming back at all this year.

It would probably still be the same spot; maybe a spot higher at 10. Felder wasn't a starter, so the "on paper" production wouldn't be anything to look at.

Having said that...if we had Dozier and Felder, the projection would be near the middle at least. Dozier having earned some stripes during Thornwell's absence (that everyone in the nation saw) and of course his play in the tourney would have given us some momentum coming into this season. Then, when you add just the "system experience" of Felder...that could have given us more "cohesion" with the new players as they get more familiar with FM's system.

Having Kotsar, Silva, Dozier and Felder; you could argue that they would start. Felder could have possibly played the role Duane did 2 seasons ago.

But alas...

Two different takes and I see your point, however you are talking about 6'1" vs 6'3" unless Booker has a freakish wingspan.

None of the guards give us the length we have enjoyed the last two seasons.

Perimeter scoring is at a premium this year and you cannot have your three best scoring guards and shooters(Holden, Myers, and Beatty) on the bench

After listening to CFMs comments yesterday, you are correct...Holden and Gravett will start...He heaped tons of praise on Holden

Reactions: winloseortie
I don't care where we are picked by the media...Just go win some dang games

Like I said, a fluke run. YOu know it, I know it. We all know it.
Don't get the negativity. FM did a great job at KSU. A Godforsaken place that if it wasn't for its state name no one would know where it is. I'm still not sure. Kansas is like Wyoming which doesn't even exist except on maps. If he can recruit and win at KSU, he can certainly do it at USC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT