ADVERTISEMENT

SEC pods/DIVISIONS talk

Sep 17, 2010
My thoughts on dividing it after seeing internet articles with other ways of doing it:

UF, Uga, SCar, Aubie

UK, UTjv, Vandy, Zou

Bama, Piss, Cowbell, Corndogs

Pigs, Boomer, Horns, Faggies

Then 2 permanent cross division foes to keep historic rivalries in place - UF/LSU and UF/UTjv.

UF played Aubie every year for decades until 2012 and Auburn is the closest geographically to Gainesville of all the SEC towns and we had good rivalry with them that I miss so I think they should be in our division instead of with Bama and the Piss schools. Kingpin Bama boys still get their rivalries with their two cross permanents being Aubie and UTjv.

I think culturally and geographically the above is better than the others 4 division splits I've seen.

What ya'll Cocks want it to be?

I post in here because I live in SC, lol.

No use suggesting anything or even debating it. It would be an academic exercise. You can bet your house they know right now what they are going to do. It's just a matter of choosing a time to put it out there.

My thoughts on dividing it after seeing internet articles with other ways of doing it: UF, Uga, SCar, Aubie UK, UTjv, Vandy, Zou Bama, Piss, Cowbell, Corndogs Pigs, Boomer, Horns, Faggies Then 2 permanent cross division foes to keep historic rivalries in place - UF/LSU and UF/UTjv. UF played Aubie every year for decades until 2012 and Auburn is the closest geographically to Gainesville of all the SEC towns and we had good rivalry with them that I miss so I think they should be in our division instead of with Bama and the Piss schools. Kingpin Bama boys still get their rivalries with their two cross permanents being Aubie and UTjv. I think culturally and geographically the above is better than the others 4 division splits I've seen. What ya'll Cocks want it to be? I post in here because I live in SC, lol

Supposedly the Aggies were promised they would not be in the pod with Texas and OU. They changed their vote to make the offer to OU and Texas unanimous based on that. They want to be in a pod with LSU. Some say our pod with be Texas, OU, Arkansas and one other SEC team like Missouri. But not A&M.

The entire situation is sorry as hell, and you may as well start thinking ahead to what an 18, then 20 team "conference" will look like. Sankey is one of history's greatest monsters.

OP I’ve always heard the UF/LSU series isn’t something most would want to keep. Are you saying it should stay as a permanent cross division contest?

OP I’ve always heard the UF/LSU series isn’t something most would want to keep. Are you saying it should stay as a permanent cross division contest?
When I was a student 20 years ago, it was one of the most fun games because of teams and fanbases and it still is one of the most fun games every year. Same reason I miss the Aubie annual game, although Aubie fans are much quieter and more respectful on gamedays than shithead Corndogs are, lol.

Reactions: SparkleCity
Supposedly the Aggies were promised they would not be in the pod with Texas and OU. They changed their vote to make the offer to OU and Texas unanimous based on that. They want to be in a pod with LSU. Some say our pod with be Texas, OU, Arkansas and one other SEC team like Missouri. But not A&M.
The article I read has Zou in the West and Arky with LSU but I would prefer an old Southwest Conference style with Arky, aTm, UT, and OU for geography purposes and for cultural purposes. But yeah, politics will probably prevent that from happening.

I am Unfortunately, guessing SC would be in the EAST, with UF, UGA and Tenn
Next Aubie,. Bama, Vandy and UK, Next Miss, Miss St, LSU and Arky, Lastly Texas, A&M, Okie and Missouri
I gotta think you are close.
Seems to be the most likely to me although I think it would be more appealing for both pods to swap UK for Tenn... and Im not saying that just to get UK in our pod because I dont care.

If they had to tweak it for aTm, they could simply swap them with Arky.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I gotta think you are close.
Seems to be the most likely to me although I think it would be more appealing for both pods to swap UK for Tenn... and Im not saying that just to get UK in our pod because I dont care.

If they had to tweak it for aTm, they could simply swap them with Arky.
would depend on How they want to Slice it, East to West or North to South, but my guess is as usual the SEC has NO CLUE what to do..

What to use to pod teams: Use geographic locations? Use common sense? Use old time rivalries? Think of money games, games TV would like? I’d bet the powers-that-decide don’t use any of that, won’t use logic. I can’t wait to see what their reasoning will be when it comes out. I don’t expect much.

We hear Arkansas has asked to be in Texas/OU pod as their recruiting in Texas dropped off when hey left the SWC, and they think playing OU and Texas will jump start it again.

The entire situation is sorry as hell, and you may as well start thinking ahead to what an 18, then 20 team "conference" will look like. Sankey is one of history's greatest monsters.
I’m with you. I do see a day we’re all the top 20-30 programs that invest mostly in football are in one conference.

I don’t think pods will exist. It will essentially be a round robin and the two best records play for the championship.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I don’t think pods will exist. It will essentially be a round robin and the two best records play for the championship.
I'd be alright with that. But if they intend to protect the absolute inviolable historical SEC rivalries, I think pods would be a way to do it.

I'd be alright with that. But if they intend to protect the absolute inviolable historical SEC rivalries, I think pods would be a way to do it.
Not exactly, you could do a mode much like the acc is looking at. Each team maintains their 3 largest rivalries the rest rotate.

Not exactly, you could do a mode much like the acc is looking at. Each team maintains their 3 largest rivalries the rest rotate.
We don't have three rivals in the SEC, or even one actual rival, although we want to pretend that UGA is a rival. Yes, we could emulate the ACC's plan. We could also do pods.

We don't have three rivals in the SEC, or even one actual rival, although we want to pretend that UGA is a rival. Yes, we could emulate the ACC's plan. We could also do pods.
I just feel like pods are basically a different word for division in my opinion but I’m the end it doesn’t really matter. Really feel we are headed towards one super conference.

Group 1 Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri
Group 2 Alabama, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Kentucky
Group 3 Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, SC
Group 4 LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Miss State

Group 1 Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri
Group 2 Alabama, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Kentucky
Group 3 Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, SC
Group 4 LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Miss State
If the pod thing is all about butts in the seats. Hate to say it but those groups work best imo. Even Bama, Auburn, UK and Vandy will be a packed house. Having two of the larger draws with two of the lesser draws makes sense in that case.

Last edited:
Reactions: BattleshipTexas
I just feel like pods are basically a different word for division in my opinion but I’m the end it doesn’t really matter. Really feel we are headed towards one super conference.
If the super conference doesn't happen in the very next CFB iteration, then what is done in the meantime matters.

ADVERTISEMENT