ADVERTISEMENT

SEC vs ACC upcoming bowl games -

cottontoe

Feb 5, 2002
Dark Corners, SC
Leaving Bama vs Clemson to the experts, but how can a 7-5 Wake Forest team be favored by 3 over a 7-5 Texas A&M team? And a 8-4 Louisville team be favored by 7 over an 8-4 Miss. St. team? Just don't seem right. Your thoughts?

And I will add 1 thing. This is what wrong with the SEC right now. It's the Pawl Finebaum SEC world we live in now. If you're not winning 10 games by year 3. You're in trouble. And it has hurt the league.

Reactions: Golden Cock
Leaving Bama vs Clemson to the experts, but how can a 7-5 Wake Forest team be favored by 3 over a 7-5 Texas A&M team? And a 8-4 Louisville team be favored by 7 over an 8-4 Miss. St. team? Just don't seem right. Your thoughts?
My thoughts? The SEC has something to prove this bowl season.

Reactions: surfincock
Wake is actually not a bad team. They hung 60+ on Syracuse who beat the taters. Pretty good defense. A$M is bad too. Mississippi State is playing with a backup QB and no Mullen. It isn't that hard figure out.

It has been said for years that ACC teams have better records because of their easier schedules. Well, for the past 2 years, the SEC has not been very good. The decent records of some teams that just aren't very good prove that.
In this case, the common knowledge is that Wake and Louisville are the better teams, records aside. What's the Michigan-USC spread again?

It has been said for years that ACC teams have better records because of their easier schedules. Well, for the past 2 years, the SEC has not been very good. The decent records of some teams that just aren't very good prove that.
In this case, the common knowledge is that Wake and Louisville are the better teams, records aside. What's the Michigan-USC spread again?
Texas AM will biotch slap wake. Easy money.

I thought that was a mismatch from the start. I know the records didn't show it but I know Texas has talent and has under-played this year. Missouri, aside from Lock, has issues still.
Mizzou's coaching continuity got messed up and it derailed their team. Texas might have talent, but they were a break even team - imminently beatable.

55-52 Wake....

A&M got hosed by the refs near the end. Receiver got tackled before the ball arrived. Probably was uncatchable but the 15 yard penalty would have put them close to in range for a game tying field goal. Ref was looking straight at it too.

Reactions: tigercock#
And I will add 1 thing. This is what wrong with the SEC right now. It's the Pawl Finebaum SEC world we live in now. If you're not winning 10 games by year 3. You're in trouble. And it has hurt the league.
It’s going to hurt worse with the early signing period in December. FSU took a beating in early recruiting period. If the December signing date lasts, coaching stability will increase your chances of success in my opinion

A&M got hosed by the refs near the end. Receiver got tackled before the ball arrived. Probably was uncatchable but the 15 yard penalty would have put them close to in range for a game tying field goal. Ref was looking straight at it too.
It’s weak florist. With Texas players in SEC, game should never have been close

Nice win by the Deacs, glad to see them have some success in football!!! Agree however that A/M should have spanked them, I've not checked their recent recruiting rankings but Wake typically gets the 1, 2, maybe a couple of 3* guys each year. A/M should be full of 3 and 4* guys I would think.

Reactions: joplin gamecock1
gxphgV

Well, it depends. Per some Texas posters, Texas HS football has become basically a 7 on 7 league. They don't learn or play defense....poor fundamentals.

Not sure how true that is, but looking at the Big 12 there seems to be some truth there.
It’s true, I watch a lot of Texas High School football and they run up and down the field. Poor defense is played at 80-85 percent of the schools. If I was a College coach in Texas I would get the ‘majority’ of my defensive players from other states. Lots of defensive talent in the Lone Star State, it’s just not being developed. That’s why we hardly see any defense played in the big 12.

It’s true, I watch a lot of Texas High School football and they run up and down the field. Poor defense is played at 80-85 percent of the schools. If I was a College coach in Texas I would get the ‘majority’ of my defensive players from other states. Lots of defensive talent in the Lone Star State, it’s just not being developed. That’s why we hardly see any defense played in the big 12.

This, IMO, is why Georgia will beat Oklahoma.

Reactions: Brace1
Ive been saying all year Wake is better than a lot folks think they are. Im glad to see someone to do more with less for a change

No defense played in SC high school football either. Nobody tackles. Everybody going for the big hit and usually miss. But make one big hit and you can jump up and down and posture. One thing about the Tide, they tackle. They get the ball carrier on the ground.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT