ADVERTISEMENT

SECN+ question

bucketdad

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2009
So I see the game tonight is on sec+. I'm drawing a blank here. I have espn through directv. Do I need to get an espn+ pay subscription to get sec+?
Thanks

611-1 I think. But you can watch it via the ESPN app. Which must be loaded to either your smart TV or Roku or Firestick of similar streaming device. Or your phone or tablet. Once loaded the app walks you through how to activate it. If you have DirecTV with ESPN and SEC it is at no additional charge. Loading it to a Firestick or phone allows you to watch it at other locations other than home. I have watch many games on my phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: bucketdad
611-1 I think. But you can watch it via the ESPN app. Which must be loaded to either your smart TV or Roku or Firestick of similar streaming device. Or your phone or tablet. Once loaded the app walks you through how to activate it. If you have DirecTV with ESPN and SEC it is at no additional charge
Just wasn't sure sec alternate (611-1) was the same as secn+ because it's not showing the game on the guide. Probably gonna watch it through firestick tho because they actually list secn+

So I see the game tonight is on sec+. I'm drawing a blank here. I have espn through directv. Do I need to get an espn+ pay subscription to get sec+?
Thanks

I have Sling and all the SEC+ is under SEC Alternate channel.
Oddly enough, for what ever reason, they are not using the teams logos but, a generic
(espn) College Basketball logo for several of the different games, so you have to look for the name

Last edited:
If your tv service doesn't carry espn+ then you need the app to get the game. I have it because several basket ball games and baseball games will be on ESPN+ channels.

If your tv service doesn't carry espn+ then you need the app to get the game. I have it because several basket ball games and baseball games will be on ESPN+ channels.
I have the app. I also have smart TVs, a roku tv, a firestick and various devices to cast to a chromecast. Unless I'm doing something wrong, none will allow access to espn+. It appears that takes an additional $5 a month subscription. Not sure why they charge for that but not for secn+, but it is what it is. Now it's been a while since I used espn3, but I assume I still have access without a separate subscription but at this point I'm not sure. I find the whole thing very confusing. All I can do come game time is hope I get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT