ADVERTISEMENT

Sellouts? Will there be any?

uscnoklahoma2

Apr 16, 2017
You would think the games would sellout but I'm hearing over 6k remain for the TN game. Have that many people just lost interest? I honestly know my viewing has been declining the older I get. This year just don't even feel like watching sometimes.

You would think the games would sellout but I'm hearing over 6k remain for the TN game. Have that many people just lost interest? I honestly know my viewing has been declining the older I get. This year just don't even feel like watching sometimes.
I would imagine it has more to do with Covid than losing interest. At least this season. Not having sellouts this year is not an indication of loss of interest. There are way too many other factors at play.

A lot of it had to do with having to buy 4 tickets as opposed to only 2... I know my parents didn't get tickets because of this. If you are getting put in "pods" because of COVID, do you really want to be placed beside someone that you don't know in this type of environment?

We haven’t really “sold out” for years now. I know it’s reduced seating but it isn’t going to be anything like it has been in the past. It’s a near empty stadium, you aren’t in “your seats” and around the same people you’ve been around for years, significantly reduced tailgating and there really isn’t a lot of excitement for the product on the field. You’re coming off 4-8, just announced Hill as the starting QB and the RB people were hoping might actually lead to some offense didn’t even make it out of practice.

I believe optimism/excitement going into this season is the lowest its been in a looooong time. Still, this has to be mostly due to COVID. Many folks (wisely) see attending right not as an unnecessary risk.

Again, I think it's going to be just for this season/year. Once the schedules return to normal next year, I think you'll see the interest come back.
I think you’re right. I hope so anyways. This year just seems “weird”, I’m not even excited about football season and I’m usually reading everything I can. I haven’t even been following practices or the QB battle closely at all. I couldn’t even tell you who we play after Tennessee.

We haven’t really “sold out” for years now. I know it’s reduced seating but it isn’t going to be anything like it has been in the past. It’s a near empty stadium, you aren’t in “your seats” and around the same people you’ve been around for years, significantly reduced tailgating and there really isn’t a lot of excitement for the product on the field. You’re coming off 4-8, just announced Hill as the starting QB and the RB people were hoping might actually lead to some offense didn’t even make it out of practice.
Is there tailgating ?

Is there tailgating ?
I haven’t seen anything outright banning it. The fairgrounds are closed and the school lot is going to have reduced hours with a “No ticket, No Park” policy so it wouldn’t be the same there. Unless McMaster or the school tells the other lots they can’t open I suspect there will be some opportunities for it.

Again, I think it's going to be just for this season/year. Once the schedules return to normal next year, I think you'll see the interest come back.
There has been so much confusion and ambiguity for this upcoming season, and as others have mentioned, dealing with COVID-19 it's easy to understand why many are deciding to opt out and watch at home.
As you just said once we get back to all conferences playing a full schedule and including some OOC games I believe interest will begin to resume.
I love the game but I admit, I'm not generating the same level of excitement I usually get this time of year.

Hopefully the exception to public drinking that is not enforced around the stadium on game days will still be in effect.

Me personally, I’m always ready for Gamecock football. Some on here were saying to many eight person ticket groups. They also said should have sold smaller groups. Who knows, I’m Jonesing for football and tailgating. Go Cocks!! Beat Tennessee!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
A huge group of our season ticket holders are middle aged and above. The above group are the at risk group. Many like me simply prefer not to take the chance when we can watch it on tv in the safety of our homes. We don't share anything with people we don't know at a game. Give us a good season this year and folks will be back i believe, unless the home experience this year convinces them otherwise. I am not sure the politics will be the big decider. I believe the virus will

I want to see this next Saturday Night!!!
tenor.gif

A huge group of our season ticket holders are middle aged and above. The above group are the at risk group. Many like me simply prefer not to take the chance when we can watch it on tv in the safety of our homes. We don't share anything with people we don't know at a game. Give us a good season this year and folks will be back i believe, unless the home experience this year convinces them otherwise. I am not sure the politics will be the big decider. I believe the virus will
This is the part I’m more curious about. There is a large number of our fan base that rolls in midway through the first quarter and are out by the third because the game interrupts their tailgate. If they break the habit of leaving home on Saturday and realize they don’t have to stop with the eating and drinking to make an appearance how many will just skip it moving forward?

I believe optimism/excitement going into this season is the lowest its been in a looooong time. Still, this has to be mostly due to COVID. Many folks (wisely) see attending right not as an unnecessary risk.

You can put me down for both of the reasons you listed.

1. I'm not excited about the product on the field. I hope the team and coaches prove me wrong, I would love for that to happen.

2. But even if we had one of our great SOS teams coming back this year, I still would not be attending due to my concerns about Covid-19. I'm in at least two high risk categories.

I think the Georgia game will be our only sell out. That's the only game people will pay the steep prices for. I don't think anyone wants to shell out $90+ per game for teams like tennessee.
The teams record the past few years obviously doesn't help either.
I think after this season a lot of folks will choose to stay at home. A lot of folks will be excited to get back in the stands next year and enjoy a traditional gameday, me being one of them! But I think a lot of the middle aged ticket holders may not renew and choose to watch on TV after experiencing a season not in the stands

Let’s be honest it’s mostly 4-8. There were really only 3 games of the 8 losses where we even had a chance to win (N.C., App State and Florida). In a 10 game season we will be lucky to go 5-5. It’ll likely be worse.

Covid certainly factors in but if we were coming off 8-4 we wouldn’t have any issues filling those seats.

The other Covid factor not talked about here but should be is how many season ticket holders lost a substantial amount of their salary or are fearful of losing jobs in the near future. This may be as much or more at play than those opting out for safety reasons. If you lost your job, you’re probably not looking to drop a couple grand on football tickets.

How about some context? Does anybody on here know how the other schools are doing at selling out their partial allotments? If most power 5 programs are having no trouble selling out, that would tend to indicate that our 4-8 record last year is driving down sales. If everybody is struggling to sell out, that would tend to indicate other factors are at play.

I think the Georgia game will be our only sell out. That's the only game people will pay the steep prices for. I don't think anyone wants to shell out $90+ per game for teams like tennessee.
The teams record the past few years obviously doesn't help either.
I think after this season a lot of folks will choose to stay at home. A lot of folks will be excited to get back in the stands next year and enjoy a traditional gameday, me being one of them! But I think a lot of the middle aged ticket holders may not renew and choose to watch on TV after experiencing a season not in the stands
I think you might be right.

Folks like myself have found that sports is just not important as it once was.

Now will be the perfect opportunity to install individual seating at Williams-Brice.

Folks like myself have found that sports is just not important as it once was.

Now will be the perfect opportunity to install individual seating at Williams-Brice.

They definitely would be wise to focus on making the game day experience more attractive for those choosing to do it. In hindsight, this should have been the priority over upper deck expansion in the South end zone. Right now we can’t sell those tickets. Even when we could, the bigger money is in upper scale luxury seating.

452 seats total left yesterday at 3 pm.. Have not checked lately. Looks to be a sell out for Plan A tickets

From the looks of some of these comments in other threads we have plenty of sell outs. It's embarrassing.

Reactions: Silverspur02
Last count there was only 438 tickets left for the mini pack A.
How many seats are allotted for the mini packs?
I don't understand why they have waited so long myself. General Public TN tickets dont go on sale until Tuesday.
452 seats total left yesterday at 3 pm.. Have not checked lately. Looks to be a sell out for Plan A tickets
Those are different than the individual tickets I believe. I know Thursday there was over 6400 tickets left for TN. Heck, they're already all over the resell market. That should tell you who bought some.

The enthusiasm gap is wide. Who wants to go see a team that is coached by Muschamp. I hate to see us taken to the woodshed. I hate it for the players too.

ADVERTISEMENT