ADVERTISEMENT

Semi OT. Moving my first born into USC today.

;)Moved my son to Charleston in June and he starts CofC next week. I feel bad because I think my constant hand wringing over the Gamecocks drove him to a school with no football

Was hard to hand over that check but so excited for her and the experience that awaits!
Go Cocks!
Lived in Preston before moving on to the fraternity house and an off campus apartment.

We were excited when our son started in the fall of 2013.

Bates House was the most disgusting, disinfectant reeking ghetto experience imaginable.

Now on his way to law school with a 3.74 GPA (with honors) from College of Charleston.

Good luck; all the best to your first born.

Go Cocks!

Reactions: Judson1
Will be moving son in on Monday to South Quad a across the street from Blatt P.E. Center. In my days 81-85 it was fenced in field that the tiger burn and sorority bike race was on.

Out of state check was really hard to write...but it will be extra special tail gates this year. All of sudden wife wants to go to all the games this year.

Last edited:
5th floor Douglas (8/1977-5/1981
Lived in Preston before moving on to the fraternity house...

Just for the record, back in my days I resided at Columbia Hall for a semester, the apartments out close to The Zoo for 4 semesters, and finally during my last 4 at 1900 Greene Street, "right up the hill" from Group Therapy!!!

And in closing as another, "just for the record, I was a ΓΔΙ." :cool:

And you Sir?

Just for the record, back in my days I resided at Columbia Hall for a semester, the apartments out close to The Zoo for 4 semesters, and finally during my last 4 at 1900 Greene Street, "right up the hill" from Group Therapy!!!

And in closing as another, "just for the record, I was a ΓΔΙ." :cool:

And you Sir?

That explains a great deal. :p

Reactions: Gaimcock
If you want to "rush" a sorority they have a separate move in date a week early because all the activities were starting to interfere with classes too much
There are 1,798 ladies going through Recruitment beginning today.

When I was in school, we moved in with everyone else on the Saturday before classes started. Had Rush Orientation that Sunday. Rounds 1, 2, 3 were Monday - Wednesday. Classes started Thursday/Friday. Pref was Saturday. Bid Day Sunday. Now they have 2 days for rounds 1-2, 3 days for round 3, and one day for Pref.

Last edited:
There are 1,798 ladies going through Recruitment beginning today.

When I was in school, we moved in with everyone else on the Saturday before classes started. Had Rush Orientation that Sunday. Rounds 1, 2, 3 were Monday - Wednesday. Classes started Thursday/Friday. Pref was Saturday. Bid Day Sunday. Now they have 2 days for each round, except Pref.
I shouldn't feel this way but I'm getting the impression you're trying to say you know more about USC than me and I am resenting it :D

Congratulations. I’m moving my youngest son of three into USC on Monday. Just cut a $10,000 check yesterday. It hurts, but he is studying Civil Engeneering and I hope he will do well for himself. Good investment.

Reactions: Judson1
I shouldn't feel this way but I'm getting the impression you're trying to say you know more about USC than me and I am resenting it :D
Just passing on how things have changed. We certainly didn't have nearly 1800 ladies going through rush back then. My pledge class was 30, chapter total was near 100. Our pledge classes now are over 100, chapter total is near 350.

Also those that move in early have to pay an extra fee to USC Housing. (Shocking, I know.)

Reactions: coolcock2001
Chance we could know each other...I was 5th floor Douglas 1996. Some great parties on the 7th floor and a few nights out across the street for $.25 draft at that club where they served underage - can’t recall the name now.

I was 7th floor Snowden in 96 facing Circle K. I want to say room 709 but can't remember for sure. For some reason everything from that year is a little hazy....

I remember that club but not the name. All that comes to mind are the names zoo and library but I don't think either are right.

I was 7th floor Snowden in 96 facing Circle K. I want to say room 709 but can't remember for sure. For some reason everything from that year is a little hazy....

I remember that club but not the name. All that comes to mind are the names zoo and library but I don't think either are right.
I think it was the Zoo. What a crazy time! I remember drinking nasty Red Dog beer there. But nothing stacked up to Towers parties and hangover meals at Stuffies!

Reactions: wallycock
Was hard to hand over that check but so excited for her and the experience that awaits!
Go Cocks!

After awhile, you'll be a pro of dropping your 2nd, 3rd and 4th born...

Dropped off at Carolina twice, UCSC, Clemson and Sewanee... Each time is never the same... The hardest one was UCSC...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT